_Enforcer_: The Early Model

Pages: 1
csadn
11/01/12 04:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
According to the flavor-text for the _Enforcer_ medium 'Mech, the original design "called for two Medium Lasers on the left arm", but was upgraded to a single Large Laser. Firing up the old 'mech Design software, I decided to see what the original loadout would have looked like.

Yanking the LL left five tons available; adding the MLs left three tons. While the obvious move at this stage would be "add three Heat Sinks" to balance out exactly the heat-load of the weapons, instead I added only one HS, added another ton of AC ammo, and bumped up the armor by a ton -- the armor on the back-torso sections especially struck me as thin. In sum, then:

Type/Model: Enforcer ENF-4F
Mass: 50 tons
Engine: 200 Fusion (Walking MP: 4; Running MP: 6; Jumping MP: 4)
Heat Sinks: 13 Single (Heat Sink Loc: 1 HD, 2 LT, 2 RT)
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA R: Sh+UA+LA
Armor Factor: 160 pts Standard (Head: 9; CT: 23/6; LT: 17/6; RT: 17/6; LA: 16; RA: 16; LL: 22; RL: 22)
Weapons and Equipment:
1 Autocannon/10 RA (Ammo Locations: 2 RT)
2 Medium Lasers LA
1 Small Laser LT
4 Standard Jump Jets (2 LL; 2 RL)

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 3,533,876 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 1,040 (old BV = 939)
Cost per BV2: 3,397.96
Weapon Value: 762 / 762 (Ratio = .73 / .73)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 17; MRDmg = 7; LRDmg = 1
BattleForce2: MP: 4J, Armor/Structure: 4/4
Damage PB/M/L: 3/2/-, Overheat: 0
Class: MM; Point Value: 10

This model's BV2 comes in just slightly higher than the standard version's 1,032; is slightly cheaper (~3,000 CB); and hits a bit harder at short range, while losing a bit more at medium ranges. I'm not sure if having the extra ammo for the AC and more armor justifies losing the "double-tap" capability of the original. A better option might be to drop the Small Laser (a useless weapon if ever there was one) and a HS to boost the armor and ammo (BV2: 1,046; WV: 701 [0.67]; 3,533,500 CB.
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
scheinlen
11/01/12 03:14 PM

If you are doing all that why not upgrade the AC to a ultra AC5?
It is not my job to judge my Enemies, that is there God's job. It is only my duty to arrange the meeting!
csadn
11/02/12 03:47 AM

Quote:

If you are doing all that why not upgrade the AC to a ultra AC5?

Two reasons:

A) Note the subject line -- this is only about the "original" design, with the twin MLs rather than the LL.

B) It's a 3025-tech-level design, not a 3050; so no Ultra ACs. (Side note: I have a custom SL-tech _Enforcer_ design with a Gauss Rifle -- IMO, ACs are, by and large, too bulky and heavy to bother with, unless one uses LB-[n]X with multiple tons of ammo, and divides the ammo between Regular and Flechette But that's a whole other argument.)
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4736

Contact Admins Sarna.net