Writing a story

Pages: 1
tt_carrera
12/17/12 03:42 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'am writing a story and this site is great but I still need some information. Is there anyone on here that have published using Mech Warrior or Battle Tech universe subjects? Who owns what? I know I sound like an amateur ( I am ) and I do appreciate any help I can get. Thank you for such a great source of information. Take care.
Karagin
12/17/12 05:48 PM

Not sure what you mean by publishing a story about BT, many of us have put our stories up on this site or others, but unless CGL hires you, publishing something is not a good idea, in fact it might get you more headache then support.

Share what you have in mind here, talk to Cray and some of the others, they should be able to help you out.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
FrabbyModerator
12/18/12 10:46 AM

If you want to become a BattleTech author, there's only one possible venue: BattleCorps. It's a subscription-based website (www.battlecorps.com) that publishes new, canonical content for the BT universe and subscribers can submit story drafts; if they meet the quality standards, BattleCorps may buy and publish them. It's entirely possible - even *I* did it.
A number of current BattleTech authors began their careers as BattleCorps writers and are now working as freelancers for CGL.

Check out the Sarna BTW article on BattleCorps.
FrabbyModerator
12/18/12 10:49 AM

Oh, and one important point: DO NOT share your script if you hope to have it published. BattleCorps will not purchase any fiction that has been published elsewhere under any circumstances. Posting a draft or even a detailed idea here may be enough to kill its chances to ever become an official part of BattleTech canon.

If you're a BattleCorps member and serious about submitting fiction, check out the Writer's Workshop google group - contact Phil "joechummer" Lee about it. It's invitation-only, though you can apply for an invitation, and that means it's not a public group. The friendly people there may be able to help you get your script into shape for submission.
tt_carrera
12/21/12 09:58 PM

Thank you all for the advice. I am working on a book and I can use all the help I can get. Again thank you all for your help.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5837

Contact Admins Sarna.net