Strategic Gamer in need of Assistance!!!

Pages: 1
luksm23
03/21/13 07:46 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have been playing battletech, reading the sourcebooks, reading the novels, and playing the computer games since 1988 at least. I have always enjoyed the classic battletech boardgame and I always will. What I also enjoyed was the Battleforce and Battleforce 2 boardgames. It is especially fun to play Battleforce if you have each mech, tank, and infantry platoon in your RCT backed up with the boardgame sheet, that is to say, ifyou so desired, you could "zoom in" and from the stategic Battleforce perspective down to the Tactical Classic Board game perspective. I have searched and searched the internet for like minded people that were interested in the aspect of strategic battle tech gaming. I would like to know if there are any Battleforce games and utilities that can be downloaded as I have found little mention of Battleforce at all online. I find it hard to believe that Battleforce and Battleforce 2 was so universally panned. What I would REALLY like to see is a game in which you play the leader of one of the Major Houses or Clans. You would have to marshal resources, build up your mech regiments, research new technologies to get the drop on the other houses, then finally, unleash your forces against your enimies en mass in an effort to see a new Star League Ruling over the Inner Sphere. Star Wars did something along these lines. Twice, most Recently the Empire at War Series. Why can't BT? Anyway if there are any of you out there that might be interested in Battleforce and strategic play, please contact me! I would love to pool our resourcs, and if you know where to find games/utilities for Battleforce, I would be especially happy.
CrayModerator
03/21/13 06:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The old game, "Succession Wars," allowed you to be a 3025 House leader. You should be able to find it on Ebay fairly cheap.

A later supplement included a trimmed down version, "Inner Sphere In Flames," which was published in the book "Combat Operations."

The official BT website** has a pretty high gamer population who might know more.

** http://bg.battletech.com/forums/
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3847

Contact Admins Sarna.net