SoCal Battletech Cup 2013 April 14th coming soon.

Pages: 1
MrCatalystguy
03/06/13 11:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
In 2011 in Southern California a large Gathering of Battletech players met in mass. In 2013 we are doing it again.

Where: "Card Addiction Games" Fullerton Ca. At 2445 E. Orangethorpe Ave.

Date: Sunday April 14th.
Hours: 12 PM-11 PM.

Admission: $ 5.00

Events: Full Terrain & Hexed Battletech. There will also be a Battletech Miniatures Painting Contest.

There will be in store prizing.

for store location info (714) 870-1194

Come test your skills against the best of the best. Attachment (302 downloads)
MrCatalystguy
03/08/13 10:41 PM

So I wonder who is planning on going? We already have alot of players. And can always use some more.
MrCatalystguy
03/14/13 01:47 AM

SoCal Battletech Cup Update
Event "BattleTech Death Race"
Solaris VII Scout Race

Most Solaris VII events are simple gladiatorial matches, favoring heavier mechs. Now, a race gauntlet exists to test scouts. Only the best will survive the surprises of the obstacle course and the violence of their opponents.

The first pilot across the line will be crowned the victor.

There will be several classes of race:

Light only

Medium only

Any class – minimum walk speed 6

Slackers will be shot by disgruntled spectators to ensure a more interesting show.

This will be in the event flyer but thought players might want to have details now. Looking forward to seeing players on April 14th at Card Addiction.
MrCatalystguy
03/27/13 06:14 PM

Here is one of the 1 vs 1 player Scenario. This will be used at the Socal Battletech Cup on April 14th.
SCENARIO
( I Gotta have it)

In an extraction scenario, the attacking player attempts to extract a target, such as a secret weapon, an important diplomat or a computer memory core, from behind the defender's lines.

After the players roll dice and select their home map edges, the attacker secretly chooses a target hex for the extraction. The target hex must be within four hex rows of the defender's home edge and cannot be within four hexes of any other map edge. The attacker then writes down the target hex's number and map sheet name on a slip of paper, which he folds and gives to a neutral party or store staffer or for a Catalyst Games Labs Agent.

The attacking player can reveal the target hex to the defender during any End Phase. An attacking unit can pick up the extraction target by occupying the target hex during and End Phase. Additionally, a unit that retrieves the target can pass it to any friendly unit in the same hex or an adjacent hex during any End Phase.

If a unit carrying the extraction target is destroyed, place the slip of paper in the hex previously occupied by the unit. Any unit in play can retrieve the target by occupying the target hex during any End Phase.
Game runs up to 90 minutes and stops.
All Mechs must be 3025 Era. Winner will get a prize per stores choice.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/28/13 12:38 PM

I would assume that the attacker can't declare the target hex and pick up the target on the same turn. Or he can do so by taking one turn to pick up the object where he can't fire his weapons or move for the turn that the object is being picked up.

Another question is can the defender declare that he is attacking the target object for destruction aka a scorched earth attack?
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
MrCatalystguy
03/30/13 01:06 AM

For more details on that portion of the event. You can ask the Agent running it. This was just the general outline. You can also to reserve a space contact the Firebase location themselves.
Info (714) 870-1194 ask for Erick or Steve. Call anytime after 2 PM Pacific Coast time.

Remember the Cup is coming soon. Attachment (328 downloads)

Edited by MrCatalystguy (03/30/13 01:07 AM)
MrCatalystguy
04/06/13 01:15 AM

Well the Cup is now only less then a week away now.

We have excellent prizes at the event. Don't forget to get your miniatures primed and ready. Why you ask, because there is an official painting contest with prizes. Besides all the gaming going on there is an actual CamoSpecs Rep hosting a wonderful contest.
It will only cost an additional $3.00
You may use any color as your basing. And only 3 other colors to paint with. The winners will get amazing prizes.

Also everyone that come to the Cup will get a free hex map to take home.
To ensure a spot call the location ahead of the event. At 714-870-1194

Doors open at 12 PM to 11 PM

Hope to see the best of the best show up for this big day of Battletech events. Attachment (316 downloads)
Hythos
04/06/13 08:47 PM

AWEEEEE!!!!
I've lived my entire life in the Los Angeles area.
I haven't seen (haven't looked, to be honest) anything for Battletech by terms of tournaments or conventions in California, for 16? years - seemed like everything else was mid-west or back east.

I had just moved to Utah this week..... and NOW I see this! WEll, hope you guys have a great time!
MrCatalystguy
04/11/13 07:33 PM

Well I hope you find an Agent to run events in your area. You should register so that you can get notices of events by Agents in your area.
Link:http://www.catalystdemos.com/Players/Profile.asp
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6343

Contact Admins Sarna.net