Cargo Bay Capacity Body 1 .35
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 10 23 200.00
Items & Tons Left: 22 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 23,580,700 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,917
Cost per BV: 12,300.83
Weapon Value: 2,692 / 2,692 (Ratio = 1.40 / 1.40)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 48; MRDmg = 33; LRDmg = 24
BattleForce2: MP: 1, Armor/Structure: 0 / 46
Damage PB/M/L: 9/7/4, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 19
Specials: ecm, artA
Karagin
06/26/13 06:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Wow, this one looks like your Alamo and several of your other tanks, same weapons loadout for the most part and can the Clans use Harden Ferro Armor? I can't seem to find anything that says they can and you aren't listing your tank as mixed tech. This thing is too slow and offers nothing more then another of your slow moving pillbox arty units. Aero and fast moving mechs and vehicles will kill this long before it becomes a threat as will counter fire by the other side. The waste of resources to build this once lost would most likely hurt any faction using it, just like the loss of the canon Destier would hurt the AFFS as they take loses of the few they have.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ATN082268
06/27/13 03:21 AM

Quote:

Wow, this one looks like your Alamo and several of your other tanks, same weapons loadout for the most part and can the Clans use Harden Ferro Armor? I can't seem to find anything that says they can and you aren't listing your tank as mixed tech. This thing is too slow and offers nothing more then another of your slow moving pillbox arty units. Aero and fast moving mechs and vehicles will kill this long before it becomes a threat as will counter fire by the other side. The waste of resources to build this once lost would most likely hurt any faction using it, just like the loss of the canon Destier would hurt the AFFS as they take loses of the few they have.

I believe the Fortress design is my first vehicle design that I posted on Sarna which uses twin Arrow IVs. Clan Ghost Bear was the first Clan to produce Hardened Armor. Look it up on Sarna... And if that is somehow in error, just make the Fortress design mixed tech and problem solved!!! From a C-Bill perspective, you could build about 4 Fortress designs for 1 canon Destrier and there are a significant number of canon Assault 'Mechs which cost as much if not more than the Fortress design.

While all ground units are vulnerable to air and artillery strikes, the 80 tons of Hardened Armor of the Fortress make the design extremely resistant to them and more likely to survive than other units. You seem a little vague about how fast moving 'Mechs and Vehicles will somehow manage to kill the Fortress without the Fortress being a threat and especially since Arrow IV rounds can ignore movement modifiers, it isn't surprising why...
Karagin
06/27/13 06:18 AM

Did you take into account the amount of slots the armor takes away from the tanks ability to hold weapons. Actually you are incorrect it's not the amount of armor that will stop the damage, the fact that the bloody tracks and drive wheels are what gets damages is what we are referring to how about you go look at the hit location table and the critical hit table and note the number of times a simple roll does major things to vehicles.

Oh goodie you can fire you Arrow IV and by the time it arrives the mechs are gone or the vehicles have moved. I think it is you my friend who need to understand things a bit better. You also seem to think folks are terrified of these monster tanks, which is far from the case, we find them funny and wasteful.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Rotwang
06/27/13 08:25 AM

There is no magical formula that will create a vehicle that will destroy any amount of tonnage, cost, BV or whatever method you select in combat 100% of the time with 0% chance of getting killed, even if you tweak the scenario conditions to your (unfair) advantage.

History and even the TR's teach us that the biggest designs usually have many logistical problems, break down more often and most commanders stuck with them wish they had been given something a bit more sensible.

This doesn't mean you can't have the odd **** kicking design, but consider other ideas and options other than "bigger will always be better".
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/27/13 09:24 AM

I must have remembered hardened armor incorrectly because I thought that it could only be used on mechs.

Its nice that the fun days of newtype/chip are back and the forum is not boring. Thank you ATN082268 for making the forum fun to visit again. I so missed the entertainment. Please keep your designs coming.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3883

Contact Admins Sarna.net