1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 0 .00
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 10 13 200.00
Items & Tons Left: 32 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 36,479,178 C-Bills
Battle Value: 3,092
Cost per BV: 11,797.92
Weapon Value: 4,430 / 4,430 (Ratio = 1.43 / 1.43)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 104; MRDmg = 79; LRDmg = 9
BattleForce2: MP: 1, Armor/Structure: 0 / 28
Damage PB/M/L: 7/13/-, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 31
Specials: ecm
Karagin
07/03/13 06:11 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
To slow, to expensive, has WAY to much armor. Pretty sure you can fit the same weapon load out on a 100 ton chassis or maybe even a 95 ton one and still be faster and cost far less. It also looks like the ERs were last second add ons.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/03/13 08:40 AM

Quote:

To slow, to expensive, has WAY to much armor. Pretty sure you can fit the same weapon load out on a 100 ton chassis or maybe even a 95 ton one and still be faster and cost far less. It also looks like the ERs were last second add ons.

Now that you told him like a billion times do you think he will lesson now?

He is starting to become boring. At least Newtype was not a broken record and kept trying to come up with new outrageous things and did not keep beating the same thing long after it was dead and buried.

I am surprised that he has not tried to put a naval laser on one of theses moving targets yet.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
07/03/13 01:18 PM

I am sure he has tried to mount a NL55 on there...and that would AT least fit the idea of a mobile bunker somewhat.

I doubt he had learned anything about designing vehicles. Sure we all have our own ideas on how things work or look etc...but there is nothing wrong with getting new input and still trying to defend your design, I have adjusted plenty of designs once folks point out issues, and even the ones I am stubborn about I find out later on that well yep some of the issues were indeed there. So I adjust them. ATN hasn't learned this yet. I do wonder if he plays against the computer in MEGMEK or against other people face to face cause I can't see anyone not blasting these things into orbit if he is facing a human player in real life one on one.
Karagin

Karagin
07/03/13 07:23 PM

Same tank sans 2 ATMs, (not a big lose really) on a small frame and a hell of a lot cheaper as well:

Code:
           BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
VALIDATED

Type/Model: Banger 33
Tech: Clan / 3060
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 3, Standard design

Mass: 95 tons
Power Plant: 285 XL Fusion
Cruise Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
6 Adv. Tact. Msl. 12s
2 ER Medium Lasers
1 Angel ECM Suite
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

Construction Options: Fractional Accounting

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 50 pts Standard 0 9.50
Engine: 285 XL Fusion 1 8.25
Shielding & Transmission Equipment: 0 4.13
Cruise MP: 3
Flank MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 10 Single 0 .00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 4.75
Crew: 7 Members 0 .00
Turret Equipment: 0 4.20
Armor Factor: 262 pts Ferro-Fibrous 1 13.65

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 10 79
Left / Right Sides: 10 52/52
Rear: 10 35
Turret: 10 44

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
6 Adv. Tact. Msl. 12s Turret 0 25 7 47.00
2 ER Medium Lasers Front 10 2 2.00
1 Angel ECM Suite Body 0 1 1.50
TOTALS: 10 12 94.98
Items & Tons Left: 12 .02

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 21,628,425 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 2,692 (old BV = 2,120)
Cost per BV: 8,034.33
Weapon Value: 3,504 / 3,504 (Ratio = 1.30 / 1.30)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 81; MRDmg = 61; LRDmg = 7
BattleForce2: MP: 3T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 10
Damage PB/M/L: 15/10/5, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 27

Karagin

ATN082268
07/04/13 04:01 AM

Quote:

Same tank sans 2 ATMs, (not a big lose really) on a small frame and a hell of a lot cheaper as well:

Code:
           BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
VALIDATED

Tech: Clan / 3060
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 3, Standard design

Power Plant: 285 XL Fusion
Cruise Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
6 Adv. Tact. Msl. 12s
2 ER Medium Lasers
1 Angel ECM Suite
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

Construction Options: Fractional Accounting

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 50 pts Standard 0 9.50
Engine: 285 XL Fusion 1 8.25
Shielding & Transmission Equipment: 0 4.13
Cruise MP: 3
Flank MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 10 Single 0 .00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 4.75
Crew: 7 Members 0 .00
Turret Equipment: 0 4.20
Armor Factor: 262 pts Ferro-Fibrous 1 13.65

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 10 79
Left / Right Sides: 10 52/52
Rear: 10 35
Turret: 10 44

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
6 Adv. Tact. Msl. 12s Turret 0 25 7 47.00
2 ER Medium Lasers Front 10 2 2.00
1 Angel ECM Suite Body 0 1 1.50
TOTALS: 10 12 94.98
Items & Tons Left: 12 .02

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 21,628,425 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 2,692 (old BV = 2,120)
Cost per BV: 8,034.33
Weapon Value: 3,504 / 3,504 (Ratio = 1.30 / 1.30)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 81; MRDmg = 61; LRDmg = 7
BattleForce2: MP: 3T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 10
Damage PB/M/L: 15/10/5, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 27

Mounting all your weapons in a main turret makes it easier to fire at a single target but I believe sponson turrets are better to give the tank coverage against multiple targets, they don't jam like a main turret, and you don't have to armor the location like a main turret. Besides lacking two of the ATM-12 launchers, your above design is lacking a lot of armor and ammunition of the Mayhem. The Mayhem has about three times the armor over this design. On the modern battlefield with so many weapons delivering 15-20 points of damage and the extra damage you'll take when your mobility is reduced, extra armor is good. The Mayhem has 20 rounds for each ATM-12 launcher and you practically have that amount for all 6 of your launchers !!! Nice try but no cigar
ATN082268
07/04/13 04:33 AM

Quote:

I am sure he has tried to mount a NL55 on there...and that would AT least fit the idea of a mobile bunker somewhat.

I doubt he had learned anything about designing vehicles. Sure we all have our own ideas on how things work or look etc...but there is nothing wrong with getting new input and still trying to defend your design, I have adjusted plenty of designs once folks point out issues, and even the ones I am stubborn about I find out later on that well yep some of the issues were indeed there. So I adjust them. ATN hasn't learned this yet. I do wonder if he plays against the computer in MEGMEK or against other people face to face cause I can't see anyone not blasting these things into orbit if he is facing a human player in real life one on one.

If it makes you feel better that I haven't learned anything about designing vehicles, then more power to you. Since most Super Heavy Vehicles (SHV) have issues with speed/ maneuverability, pointing out that my SHVs have that problem is about as enlightening as saying 2+2=4. The speed / maneuverability issue of a SHV is more of a limitation on the battlefield than something that can be addressed during construction. Since very little can be done about the speed/maneuverability of SHV, this leads me to believe that you (and some others) have issues with SHVs and/or me. If you don't like my designs and/or me, then just stop reading and commenting on my posts. In closing, I would like to point out that your opinion isn't the final authority on anything and doesn't mean someone who doesn't hold the same view is wrong.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/04/13 07:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

If it makes you feel better that I haven't learned anything about designing vehicles, then more power to you. Since most Super Heavy Vehicles (SHV) have issues with speed/ maneuverability, pointing out that my SHVs have that problem is about as enlightening as saying 2+2=4. The speed / maneuverability issue of a SHV is more of a limitation on the battlefield than something that can be addressed during construction. Since very little can be done about the speed/maneuverability of SHV, this leads me to believe that you (and some others) have issues with SHVs and/or me. If you don't like my designs and/or me, then just stop reading and commenting on my posts. In closing, I would like to point out that your opinion isn't the final authority on anything and doesn't mean someone who doesn't hold the same view is wrong.

There are times and places for (SHV) but for the vast majority of the time there just slow targets saying "shoot me!"
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Reiter
07/04/13 07:31 PM

Quote:

Mounting all your weapons in a main turret makes it easier to fire at a single target but I believe sponson turrets are better to give the tank coverage against multiple targets, they don't jam like a main turret, and you don't have to armor the location like a main turret. Besides lacking two of the ATM-12 launchers, your above design is lacking a lot of armor and ammunition of the Mayhem. The Mayhem has about three times the armor over this design. On the modern battlefield with so many weapons delivering 15-20 points of damage and the extra damage you'll take when your mobility is reduced, extra armor is good. The Mayhem has 20 rounds for each ATM-12 launcher and you practically have that amount for all 6 of your launchers !!! Nice try but no cigar

1. Clan - Any newb can build a clan mech, cause they are that easy to fit clan tech. Double so for vehicles, cause they don't really have crit space issues like a mech. 1) 7 Ferro 2) 7 Endo 3) XL Engine - purchasable at your local Clan-Mart 3) Double heat sinks twice as big as normal heat sinks. Inner Sphere...hard enough to fit some of their weapons after using just a Endo/Double heat sinks....you can take any IS mech, rip out the weapons, install clan double heat sinks and ferro armor then double the effective fire power of any comparable IS mech with clan weapons. Archer with 4x LRM 20.... damnnnn , short effective amount of LRM's before running out but double the effective fire power.
2. Heaviest weight available, every time. Hey, if you dig fat chicks then the 100 ton mech or 200 ton tank is your favorite thing. ATN is the ladies man...cause he plays nothing but fat mechs and tanks.
3. Unimaginative creations using tech 3 rules that only you believe are super awesome. Sure, split fire power must be brilliant....cause shooting at two targets takes 4 times as long to destroy. Thicker armor...please, a dasher-D could run rings around the damn thing applying high +to hit rolls while your slow butt gives it easy low +to hit rolls and it only has to stay in the rear arc. You might destroy it? Its ok, cause we will have a gentleman's agreement to supply the same tonnage...so 10 dasher-d will make short work of your tank. You know what, screw gentleman's agreement...you bring some ridiculous creation to the map sheet and I will just *wave my hand*Imagination*wave hands* creating a 2.5 million ton battleship in orbit with enough naval weapons to level the map.
4. For everything else, you got ATN.

Seriously dude, please be more creative. You don't like criticism, then don't post. If its another 100 ton mech or 200 ton 1/2 movement clan tech 3 tank...don't get butt hurt when someone else says a polished turd looks like another polished turn...with a bonnet and fancy dress on it. Its all the same every time you post, but somehow its "unstoppable" like the Hulk (<-- next tank name BTW). I hate the Hulk, just because he cannot be stopped since the angrier he gets the stronger he gets...how the heck he was able to get a comic book for so many decades with the father of his beloved constantly attacking him with useless weapons when a good beer and some Prozac would weaken Banner before becoming the Hulk, as effective as kryptonite was to superman. Hell, I find Aquaman whose only ability is to speak to animals more awesome then the Hulk strength or 200 ATN-tanks.
CrayModerator
07/05/13 10:09 AM

General comment: you're all within the rules right now, but watch the choice of rhetoric when criticizing each other. It goes down hill fast and then I'm issuing warnings and bans.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
07/05/13 12:37 PM

Sponsons are a joke, they died their death in WW1 and work better on warships but even then not so much.

The version I posted has enough firepower and ammo to do the same mission and it cost less which means more can be made, which is the point you are missing over and over and over every time you post these POJ super heavies. They are NOT cost effective nor would they be made in mass and they would NEVER see front line combat.

What battlefield are you playing on? And what rule set are you using? I have yet to see a BT game where the average damage per turn 15 to 20 points, so seriously what alternate rule set are you playing? Are you using maps with no terrain on them at all?

The Banger can out maneuver your POJ and destroy it far faster then yours can do a damn thing to stop it. I still say a Boy Scout with a BB gun can stop your POJs.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5379

Contact Admins Sarna.net