How to become a Battletech developer

Pages: 1
ATN082268
07/27/13 02:04 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
From the official battletech site:

« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2013, 14:38:14 »

Hello,

You are correct: We do not accept unsolicited and/or "off the street" submissions for rules, unit designs, characters, or story events.

At this time, the only options are submitting to BattleCorps (which proves to us that you can write), or by a long and patient slog through being an active and contributing member of the playtesting team (which proves that you've come to appreciate just how hard it is to make and balance rules).

And we're pretty exclusive. We have a code of conduct that volunteers must follow, as well as a level of peer review we perform that is designed to gauge whether anyone who wishes to write product actually has a willingness to follow the line developer's lead, handle storyline events regardless of "fanboyism", and maintain the core aesthetics and game mechanics we remain committed to sustaining. As a general rule, I don't give anyone a book or a set of rules to write until I feel they have proven themselves a team player and won the support of a core of fellow developers and core writers whose opinions I've come to value. All too often, I've had volunteers or freelancers approach me with ideas that turned out to be too niche to make viable, too slanted to a story outcome we were not supporting, or simply pushed the individual's personal agenda too much to be of any real use. Volunteers and freelancers can and have been dismissed over these issues.

Hopefully, that helps.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas>
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3528

Contact Admins Sarna.net