Left / Right Sides: 2 15/15
Rear: 2 7
Rotors 2 2

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
--------------------------------------------------------
2 Extended Range Medium Laser (Clan) Front 10 0 2 2
Targeting Computer (Clan) 0 0 1 .4

Cost 465,350 C-Bills

This is an upgrade of Assinine Industrie’s standard 11 ton VTAL. The three medium lasers where removed and replaced with two Clan Extended Range Medium Lasers. To help improve the VTALs chance hitting its targets a targeting computer was added also.

The crafts amount of armor protection by weight was increased twenty present and upgraded to Clan Ferro-Fibrous armor. This increased the crafts over all armor protection by almost fifty percent.

Assinine Industries got wind of a memo by an officer in the procurement office of the Wolves in Exile stating that he is considering making an offer for contracts for unconventional weapon systems do to the difficulty of building there own weapons because of being cut off from their factories in the Clan home worlds.

Assinine Industries would love to get their hands onto some technical specs on versus Clan technology and even more so on some Wolf in Exile Science Castle experts on Clan weapon systems. Assinine Industries sees this as their chance of they just can get the attention on the right person in the procurement office of the Wolves in Exile with this technical suggestion for a VTAL design. The lag up the Assinine Industries has is that most of the VTAL is already in production and just needs the Clan weapon upgrades to be added to the design. To help increase the chances to get an order from the Wolves in Exile Assinine Industries is offering free delivery and technical support if they will order a thousand units or more.

With the upgrade in the weapons from three standard medium lasers to the Clan extended range medium lasers the range of the weapon attack has been extended by a range of over sixty five percent at the small cost of seven percent damage potential.

Until Assinine Industries is given the Clan technology from Wolves in Exile to go forward this this is just some designs that was put together and no unit was actually manufactured.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
07/28/13 03:23 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Leaving aside the part about the WiE retooling a factory or offering the blue prints to an existing factory...I can see getting used but on a limited role, it has a single weapon set, unless you are allowing VTOLs to mount external weapon racks like fighters can do.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/28/13 04:09 PM

Real life rotary aircraft can have lots of external weapon pods but I think its illegal in BT rules. I am not sure if VTALs can carry external weapons like battle mechs can. Cray would be one to ask about that.

As for it only having two weapons the two weapons that it carries is leaps beyond the firepower of a twenty ton IS Locusts.

Why would WiE not consider supplying an arms supplier details of the weapons that they require? I would see that the real question for them is would they want such a light craft. It has two things going for it. First its dirt cheap compared to other Clan weapon systems. Second it its ability for fast response. In a matter of eight hours a wing of these VTALs can travel over 1,200 miles with out the aid of a drop ship. And with autopilot the pilots can get some cat naps in during the flight. That cant be done with any other kind of weapon system other than conventional aircraft or aerospace assets.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
08/01/13 11:26 PM

Quote:

Real life rotary aircraft can have lots of external weapon pods but I think its illegal in BT rules. I am not sure if VTALs can carry external weapons like battle mechs can. Cray would be one to ask about that.

Omnivehicles are perfectly legal, and have been for about 20 years of real game play.

Quote:

Why would WiE not consider supplying an arms supplier details of the weapons that they require?

The Clans aren't great at capitalism. Actually, per "Warriors of Kerensky," they're actively opposed to entrepreneurial efforts. If they deal with a company, it's usually just to find out where the factories are before they launch a trial of possession and annex the capabilities into the Clan.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
08/02/13 11:21 AM

That is all nice Cray but the way the TRO reads is a bit different, it does sound like they are selling their weapons and tech via arms dealers and making their own stuff and selling it as well. So I think things changes as far as the WiE go. Then again after reading BONFIRE I am not even sure if we are still in the same Battletech universe that most of consider normal any more.
Karagin

08/02/13 09:50 PM

Quote:

The Clans aren't great at capitalism. Actually, per "Warriors of Kerensky," they're actively opposed to entrepreneurial efforts. If they deal with a company, it's usually just to find out where the factories are before they launch a trial of possession and annex the capabilities into the Clan.

WiE betrayed the Clans way of life when they changed sides. Like it or not they have to deal with capitalism.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
08/04/13 02:57 AM

Quote:

That is all nice Cray but the way the TRO reads is a bit different, it does sound like they are selling their weapons and tech via arms dealers and making their own stuff and selling it as well. So I think things changes as far as the WiE go.

That has nothing to do with my prior post.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
08/04/13 11:42 AM

It does Cray, it means they are changing their ways of looking at business and how they sell their wares, the WiE is not going to do Trials against other IS businesses so they have to compete in the market just like any other company so they have to work with in the different social systems out there to sell their stuff, so yes they would be changing to a market based capitalist system.
Karagin

08/04/13 01:48 PM

Cray for WiE to be able to function at all within the Enter Sphere some one has to do some drastic changes. The Enter Sphere wont accept an enemy force within their ranks. Either the Enter Sphere has to accept Clan ways which they out right refused to do when the Clans first showed up or WiE has to change to the Enter Sphere way of doing things when it comes to interacting with the Enter Sphere.

Now as for internal politics the WiE can continue with the old system but when it comes to interaction with the Enter Sphere they have to accept the Enter Sphere way of doing things.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
08/04/13 06:17 PM

Quote:

Cray for WiE to be able to function at all within the Enter Sphere some one has to do some drastic changes. The Enter Sphere wont accept an enemy force within their ranks. Either the Enter Sphere has to accept Clan ways which they out right refused to do when the Clans first showed up or WiE has to change to the Enter Sphere way of doing things when it comes to interacting with the Enter Sphere.

That response also has nothing to do with my earlier post.

I was only answering a specific question. (Question: "Why would WiE not consider supplying an arms supplier details of the weapons that they require?" Answer: "Because WiE's not a profit-driven corporation, it's a non-capitalist nation that may have reasons for blowing off a foreign arms company.")

How the WiE relates to the rest of the Inner Sphere (as an enemy force or not) is a separate matter that I wasn't talking about.

Edited by Cray (08/04/13 06:29 PM)
CrayModerator
08/04/13 06:36 PM

Quote:

It does Cray, it means they are changing their ways of looking at business and how they sell their wares, the WiE is not going to do Trials against other IS businesses so they have to compete in the market just like any other company so they have to work with in the different social systems out there to sell their stuff, so yes they would be changing to a market based capitalist system.

You don't have to be market-based capitalist to sell your wares and compete in foreign markets. The USSR, after all, widely exported its military goods and oil for hard currency profits. That Wolf in Exile sells weapons abroad doesn't mean it has suddenly changed its core economic system.

When you can show that WiE's military production facilities are owned by private individuals profiting private shareholders (as opposed to owned by the Clan), then you'll have a good sign WiE's changing to a market-based capitalist system.

Edited by Cray (08/04/13 06:43 PM)
08/04/13 09:18 PM

But the WiE did not invade the Enter Sphere and take over factories it was welcomed into an area where factories where owned by companies and hired them to build what they needed. The factories where not theirs to force to act in the Clan way to make what they wanted with out compensation.

It would have taken years if not up to a decade to build their own factories and have everything up and running at full production.

It would be more effective just to hire the companies that where already there than to build there own.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
08/04/13 10:00 PM

And we are trying to give you our ideas on how they are a FOR profit group by having to deal with the IS and keep themselves from dying off. Phelan isn't an idiot he knows that he can keep his group free of a lot of things IF he has the resources to keep them safe, thus he knows they have to work with the populace of Arc-Royal as well as the government of LC. Knowing that it is the technology he has is what they want, he also knows that he can sell that and gain the monies needed to keep certain things from happening.

What reasons Cray do they have to blow IS companies? Please enlighten us on your ideas on this.
Karagin

Karagin
08/04/13 10:04 PM

USSR had an elite that took all of the profit very little went back into the state, check the simple history of their programs and who ran them.

They are selling on the open market, sales to the LC and Kell Hounds as well as other planetary governments all mentioned in the TROs about certain mechs and tell me Cray where are they getting the materials to build their Clan tech items from? Are they trading with the Sharks? If so what are they trading? How are they paying for the shipping and the materials? Who is supplying them? All good questions and this time they don't have an entire star system plus to fund them or time to build mines and such themselves...
Karagin

CrayModerator
08/04/13 10:32 PM

Quote:

But the WiE did not invade the Enter Sphere and take over factories it was welcomed into an area where factories where owned by companies and hired them to build what they needed.

Even fully capitalist companies don't have to deal with everyone. Do you see Lockheed selling F22s to China and Cuba?

Karagin
08/04/13 10:35 PM

They (Lockheed) have a contract with the US and they do sell to other countries like England and France and Israel, as well as to others. And most companies will deal with a customer who has cash on hand and depending on how they do their business most won't carry about who is buying or using their products.
Karagin

CrayModerator
08/04/13 11:14 PM

Quote:

They (Lockheed) have a contract with the US and they do sell to other countries like England and France and Israel, as well as to others.

That's true, Lockheed is selling to the UK, but it doesn't prove the US is obligated to allow Lockheed to sell F22s to China and Cuba, nor does it prove that the Wolves in Exile have to allow weapon sales to any nation and any company.

For further clarification, read ITAR.

WiE is not a corporation. It is a government. The motivations, goals, and duties of a government differ from those of a corporation.

Karagin
08/04/13 11:22 PM

True they can't sell to certain nations, but at the same time that does not stop third party groups from buying things and what was super high tech 10 year ago is not longer the case in many areas either...look at who we are selling F16s to.

WiE is a government that has to keep it's people alive and taken care of, so how are they going to do that without money and trade and profits to keep things going?
Karagin

08/04/13 11:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But the WiE did not invade the Enter Sphere and take over factories it was welcomed into an area where factories where owned by companies and hired them to build what they needed.

Even fully capitalist companies don't have to deal with everyone. Do you see Lockheed selling F22s to China and Cuba?

If they sold a single nut to Cuba they could go to jail. There has been a embargo for Cuba since the 1960s.

As for other countries the US government tells Lockheed and all other US weapon suppliers who they can and who they cant sale their weapons to. There are weapons that the US government tells companies that the only country the weapon can be sold to is the US government its self and can not even be sold to the US closest allies.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:26 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10569

Contact Admins Sarna.net