Cost for using a jumpship

Pages: 1
SpaceViking
01/22/13 01:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What is the cost of a dropship using a commercial jumpship? Is there some fixed price (perhaps distance based) or does the size/weight of the dropship matter?
Karagin
01/22/13 11:26 PM

One or both of the Merc Handbooks for the RPG covered this and I believe the RPG does as well, but I would need to double check this.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
01/23/13 11:07 AM

The current list price is 50,000CB per docking collar per jump.

The draft military force operation rules being beta-tested on CBT.com are proposing 100,000CB per collar per jump (with calls for higher values from public testers) so that a JumpShip can reasonably pay off its purchase price in less than a century. If you have any opinions about those rules, feel free to jump in there, review the files, and make your comments.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Col_Green
01/23/13 08:45 PM

It is also in the Merc revised if you have it...and someone said it it's 50k per D/S per jump and I also ready somewhere they wanted it to be more realistic based on how FAR your unit was traveling also..so if you were going 100 thousand light year travel the J/S Capt could charge up to 150k per jump...for possiable lost wages.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/31/13 12:21 AM

Most business would like to see a 20 to 1 PI rating or 5% profit of investment a year. That being said a Merchant JS should see at least 20,000,000 a year over and beyond expenses. To make it realistic they should charge 500,000 per ship per jump.

One thing I would change with the JS rates is a recharging fee. The fee would be based on the time it would take to recharge so they could jump again. The longer it takes the higher the fee. The inbound drop ships would be required to pay the fee. If a JS was being held beyond the min recharge time there would be a fee for that also. JS would like to jump in system dump the load of drop ships, recharge, load waiting drop ships that where waiting at the jump point and jump again. I would say like 100,000 C-Bills a day for recharging.

If Jumpships are that rare they could pick their price and people would just have to pony it up because they don't have a choice in the matter.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7583

Contact Admins Sarna.net