Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Tomahawk
Mass: 100 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 152 pts Endo Steel 14 5.00
(Endo Steel Loc: 1 LA, 1 RA, 4 LT, 4 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL)
Engine: 300 Fusion 6 19.00
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10 Double [20] 0 .00
Gyro: 4 3.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00
Armor Factor: 304 pts Standard 0 19.00

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 31 46
Center Torso (Rear): 15
L/R Side Torso: 21 32/32
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 10/10
L/R Arm: 17 34/34
L/R Leg: 21 41/41

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
1 LRM 20 RA 6 48 13 18.00
(Ammo Locations: 2 LA, 2 RA, 2 LT, 2 RT)
1 LRM 20 LA 6 5 10.00
1 LRM 20 RT 6 5 10.00
1 LRM 20 LT 6 5 10.00
2 Medium Lasers CT 6 2 2.00
CASE Equipment: LT RT 2 1.00
TOTALS: 30 77 100.00
Crits & Tons Left: 1 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 10,992,000 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 2,300 (old BV = 1,864)
Cost per BV2: 4,779.13
Weapon Value: 2,414 / 2,414 (Ratio = 1.05 / 1.05)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 26; MRDmg = 31; LRDmg = 18
BattleForce2: MP: 3, Armor/Structure: 8/8
Damage PB/M/L: 4/4/3, Overheat: 2
Class: MA; Point Value: 23
Specials: if
Karagin
08/03/13 08:33 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Nice 100 ton Archer you have here...back in the day, yes back when only 3025 tech was around, meet a group that had taken all of the popular mechs and made 100 ton versions of them. It was fun beating them with the smaller mechs.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
08/03/13 09:42 AM

Who would win would all matter on the conditions. If you are having a 100 ton mech being attacked by mutable lighter mechs yes the lighter mechs will win because they can out flank the 100 toner. That is why I like large numbers of ultra light vehicles. Also I can lose a dozen ultra lights and still come out with a profit taking down a couple 5 million C-Bill mechs.

I can take this out with maybe a flight of 6 of my 11 ton VTALs.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
08/03/13 09:53 AM

The folks running the 100 tonners thought they would win and kept playing as such was going to happen. It was indeed fun watching a 70 ton Warhammer bring down a 100 ton Warhammer.

Really the big changes they made was to max the armor and more heat sinks, so really they were what I call power games and would also likely fall into the munchkin label in that their mechs had all the perks but no weaknesses per say other then slow speed.

Like this mech here, it clearly takes the Archer for insperation and does nothing really new, just simply maxing out the armor and heat sinks and adding in more LRMs. It is still slow, so anything moving 4-6 or fast will always out flank it. It has the bane of the minimums of the LRM system and the only thing it has to protect it self is two medium lasers, so even light mechs have not fear to get in close and stay out of reach of kicks and punches and they are safe for the most part.

Some other 100 ton mechs have not need to worry about this mech for the same reasons. It is a great fire support mech and while I could see the Lyrans buying it I don't see a large market for it.
Karagin

08/03/13 12:17 PM

I disagree that others would not buy it. This has twice the fire power of a standard Archer with twice the ammo per launcher so you could buy one of thees in the place of two standard Archers and stay in the fight longer. This mech is 11 mil where two standard Archers are 12.77 mil. As long as its used as a fire support as its designed to be its a good design for that roll.

But I do 100% agree that the Lyrans would buy every one that came out of the factory.

I would have thought you would have praised ANT that he designed something that is workable that a house force would use and at a reasonable cost.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
08/04/13 11:40 AM

I am not damning it, I am just pointing out that it is not a new take on things, I would use this one for fire support over a lot of other mechs. It is not a bad design, just that I have run into the design before and seen it beaten by the smaller cousins.
Karagin

ATN082268
08/05/13 01:47 PM

Quote:

I am not damning it, I am just pointing out that it is not a new take on things, I would use this one for fire support over a lot of other mechs. It is not a bad design, just that I have run into the design before and seen it beaten by the smaller cousins.

I guess you've been lucky then as I have rarely seen the 4 Inner Sphere LRM-20 design posted much less fielded. YMMV. I have no objections against fighting a numerically superior enemy in a last unit wins type scenario with the following caveats:

1. Battle Value (BV) for both sides are equal.

2. The general number and types of units allowed for both sides are known to both sides.

3. The specific units used are unknown to the other side.

4. The battlefield used is either known or unknown to both sides.
08/05/13 02:05 PM

I have never thought that BV was all that accurate of an assessment of the strength of a unit. But... it is better than just going by pure weight.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
08/05/13 06:25 PM

First off BV don't mean a thing, you can get equal fights using tonnage and common sense. Second you don't need to know the other sides forces, it won't happen in real life and not everyone plays Clan with the full bidding rules anyways. And third the best battles are the random ones on random maps. And if you have been playing against actual humans you will find that they will pick and design almost every combo of weapons the game allows at any given time.
Karagin

Karagin
08/05/13 06:26 PM

I have done well picking sides by weight and the BV, when it has matter or we have cared, has always come very close to be almost equal and well with in the ability to offer a fun and fair game, I guess knowing tactics and how to use the weapons and mechs can count for more then needing to handicap folks with BV limits.
Karagin

08/06/13 09:14 PM

You can handicap to account for the difference of ability of the two players knowledge of tactics.

I should have don't that to a guy I use to play BT with. Normally by the fifth turn he had me.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
08/06/13 10:40 PM

I guess one could say that that lack of knowing tactics could be a handicap but I feel that the BV limits you more then it helps.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5426

Contact Admins Sarna.net