seeing whats new

Pages: 1
ghostrider
08/20/13 12:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Only suggestion or issue I can see is the lack of showing whats new postings when you get to the forums. It will take a little time to get used to the new format. Hopefully I didnt just miss the section they are in.
Wouldnt suprise me if i did.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/20/13 10:51 AM

Hi ghostrider,

It should list the number of new posts on the Forums Index in red next to the number of posts in the Posts column.

On entering the forum, new posts should be bolded.

Was there another way you were looking for new posts before?
-- NicJ
ghostrider
08/21/13 01:40 AM

I looked at the forums without realizing i wasnt logged in. So when I did get logged in, it didnt show new messages. Sorry. That was my stupid mistake.

Guess without the ranking of whose posted how many times, the responces might get to be more then a line or 2.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/21/13 01:43 AM

Quote:
Guess without the ranking of whose posted how many times, the responces might get to be more then a line or 2.

Meaning, with the old post count that was underneath everyone's picture previously?

Is that important for you to see on each response?
-- NicJ
Katrar
08/21/13 02:15 AM

The lines between posts really helps things. The only suggestion I can really make is perhaps there is some way to do something similar between forums within categories. Just my own aesthetic tastes, granted.

The simple, utilitarian feel fits with CBT, nice work.
HoC Gaming - Come war with us!
The HoC Archive - Neveron's definitive historical document
ghostrider
08/21/13 11:29 AM

No nic, it isnt important to see how many posts people have. I had guessed more then a few had put up posts just to get that number up. Im glad you did away with it.

I can see where katrars suggestion helps. A couple of times I clicked into the wrong post because i got the lines messed up. I can also see where that would mean less subjects in one screen.

Dont know if it would take up to much space, but maybe have an area that will allow users to upload non copyrighted pics of mechs, minitures and stuff like that.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/21/13 10:33 PM

Quote:
The lines between posts really helps things. The only suggestion I can really make is perhaps there is some way to do something similar between forums within categories.

I agree, it's easier to read that way. I've added a border between forums.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/21/13 10:34 PM

Quote:
Dont know if it would take up to much space, but maybe have an area that will allow users to upload non copyrighted pics of mechs, minitures and stuff like that.

You're welcome to upload photos in any post, just choose "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" before submitting it.
Katrar
08/21/13 11:02 PM

Very nice, looks great Nic.
HoC Gaming - Come war with us!
The HoC Archive - Neveron's definitive historical document
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6449

Contact Admins Sarna.net