RogueMek Beta 1 Released

Pages: 1
Mechteric
09/06/13 09:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
RogueMek, the roguelike adaptation of BattleTech, is now ready to play! Its first public release uses 3025 technologies and adheres to a major portion of the classic BattleTech rules. It is based on a 1/4th CBT turn using a custom Action Point (AP) system to dictate the movement and weapon fire for each mech. It supports all up to date HTML5 compliant browsers and requires a keyboard for play. Refer to the in game "Controls" menu for all actions available to you. The rest I leave to you to explore!

Sarna won't let me post links yet, so go to minimek dot sourceforge dot net :-)

Also there's a release video on youtube. Search for "RogueMek beta 1 release".

And finally, huge thanks to the MegaMek developers as their resources helped this project immensely.

Happy hunting!
Nic JansmaAdministrator
09/08/13 01:10 PM

Looking really great!

http://minimek.sourceforge.net/
-- NicJ
Mechteric
09/12/13 10:42 PM

I've just pushed an update to hopefully fix some of the crashes, and improve performance a bit by making the animations based on time instead of frames (I know I should have done that sooner). Also I've included some extra UI goodies, such as coloring your bar graph red when armor/internals get down to under 25 percent, and when a weapon is destroyed a red line appears through it (applies to you and your target displays).

My next update probably won't be as quick, as I'm moving on to handling prone mech states, charging, DFA, and trying to make the AI better.
Mechteric
10/16/13 07:52 PM

I've finalized the DFA/Charging code and its now live! Have fun falling over!
Mechteric
04/08/14 08:27 PM

I've pushed a long awaited update just now!

- Tracked down and fixed the negative elevation display bug. It had a 5% chance of creating negative elevations, so now they will be properly set to positive numbers when that does happen.

- Fixed heat sinks not in the legs not giving extra heat dissipation when in level 2 or deeper water depth

- I've put back in the old Arena map since the AI seems to handle it better than random elevation. You can still launch battles in a randomly generated map, but to do so you'll need to pick that option in the Custom Battle menu.

- Minor improvements to AI decision making skills.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4862

Contact Admins Sarna.net