Armament:
2 MML-9s
3 ER Medium Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Overview:
The Fusil is the latest fast fire support mech by Randam Mechwerks.

Capabilities:
The Fusil makes good use of the polyalent MML launchers. Though they have
fewer warheads than comparable LRM launchers, the ability to unleash 18 SRM
warheads at close range has been the downfall of cocky mechwarriors who
underestimated the Fusil.

At 96 kph the Fusil can often pick the most favourable engagement range and
stay ahead of larger, slower designs. The twin MML9's have two tons of ammo
each, allowing mechwarrior to select the type of ammo best suited for its
intended mission. Indeed it is not unusual to spot a Fusil with NARC guided
LRM warheads one day and a brace of AP and Frag SRM ammo the next.

Even when it runs of of ammo the Fusil can still rely on three ER Medium lasers
to defend itself against any foe it can't outrun.

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 75 points 2,50
Internal Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 270 7,50
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0,00
Gyro: Standard 3,00
Cockpit: Standard 3,00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 144 9,00
CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1,00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 14 21
Center Torso (rear) 6
L/R Torso 11 18
L/R Torso (rear) 4
L/R Arm 7 14
L/R Leg 11 18

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MML-9 RA 5 5 6,00
MML-9 LA 5 5 6,00
2 ER Medium Lasers CT 10 2 2,00
ER Medium Laser HD 5 1 1,00
@MML-9 (LRM) (13) RT - 1 1,00
@MML-9 (SRM) (11) RT - 1 1,00
@MML-9 (LRM) (13) LT - 1 1,00
@MML-9 (SRM) (11) LT - 1 1,00
Free Critical Slots: 12

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 12
6 4 3 1 0 2 0 Structure: 2
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/19/13 01:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would not call that a fire support mech. It has little in the way of long range weapons for that roll.

I would classify it as more of a fast strike, hit and run mech.

I would launch some LRMs wail trying to close in. When it gets into close range start pounding the enemy with the SRMs and ER MLs. Then before it takes to much damage it makes a quick retreat.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
12/20/13 02:05 PM

It has the equivalent of an IS LRM-18 on a 45 ton chassis. That's enough fire support for me.
That said it's probably more deadly in cities because few enemies care to get hit by a salvo of 18 SRMs. Which are backed up by ERMLs which is nice.
Only "issue" I have is a lack of advanced armor plating of any type. With an XL engine and endo-steel structure you aren't going to lose much by going with something more exotic like FL or reactive or even light ferro-fibrous. If you were to use FF you could make the cockpit an armored component for a bit more survivability, which you want with those previously mentioned advanced techs like endo steel and XL engines.
Karagin
12/21/13 03:32 PM

A lot of times folks don't go with advanced IS armor because of the crit requirements. Like on several of my designs I wanted the hand actuators to be there, but if I had gone with one of the other types of armor then I would be forced to lose the the hands and then have gained nothing with weight left over and no place to really use it. Sometimes standard is the way to go.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
12/21/13 03:53 PM

He did say that 12 crit spots remained. It is enough to put in some basic reflective armor in. Most don't care for that, but it's a light and fast enough mech that it can avoid CQC, and pulse laser jockeys will despise it. A redesign could potentially fit reactive armor if you can manage to shave off 2 crit spots somewhere.
12/21/13 08:10 PM

I dislike advanced armor first its not all that better considering all of the draw backs. I only use FF armor when I design clan weapons systems. The big draw back for IS units is how hard it is to find away from the planets that make the stuff and the very high cost when you need to keep repairing damaged units. I mean really how many mech companies can not only find to keep in stock but to carry around a hundred tons of advanced armor to keep 12 mechs fully repaired in a major campaign? Your unlikely to come across an enemy supply depot that has any advanced armor in stock to capture. You will find plenty of standard armor in the captured supplies.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
12/21/13 08:28 PM

With an XL engine and endo-steel structure, cost and availability is thrown out the window. As I often say, if you want easy maintenance and cheapness you don't build a mech in the first place.
Rotwang
12/22/13 08:53 AM

Ferro-Fibrous is good for light to medium mechs, or as an upgrade for older mechs, if you have the space for it as it allows you to squeeze a few more armour points out of your limited tonnage, for larger mechs the fairly small weight gain doesn't compare to endo-steel. As for the other armours, they all have their own special built-in "Death Star weak spot" They can work miracles if you duel an opponent mainly armed with the weapons it was designed to defeat, but with mixed-weaponry opponents it becomes a zero sum or worse.

The Fusil is meant to make full use of special ammo and provide long range special effects for light and low end medium lances and is more of a harasser/sniper than a classic 4/6 Archer type missile boat. The one major advantage is that it can rush an enemy and pump 18 SRM's and a trio of lasers into it which can be devastating to lights and mediums and still worry the bigger ones.
12/22/13 08:57 AM

Endo-steel structure costs is a tiny drop in the bucket and has never been a factor when I designed a mech. There are two factors that I use to decide to have ES or not, Is it the right era and do I have the crits for it.

As for a XL engine most of the time I think its a good investment despite the great cost. I use the decreased engine weight to put in a bigger engine so my mech has greater speed. As the saying goes, "speed is life"

As for your last sentence I could not agree more. That's why I have posted a good number of vehicles here.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/22/13 01:16 PM

Yes, it is nice to have a unit or two in a fire lance to make an enemy think twice before closing the gap to engage them, and still be useful for a fire support mission.

Reading alot of the newer technologies the game came out with makes me wanna stay playing the older versions of the game.

Guessing the next step will be deflector screens and shields. Or they will finally tell you how to strap a full nuke to the mech and not be destroyed in the blast.

High donkey has a major point about the campaign aspect of high tech. If you run a campaign, trying to replace the items should be difficult, unless you have a company that makes it, and even then, it should be limited.

And I dont see many people use gun installations. They can be a cheaper alternative to defending areas then even tanks. They don't move, but you can put any weapon on one. Should be difficult to spot originally. They should be able to reload as the battle is proceeding as well.
Retry
12/22/13 07:31 PM

In a campaign setting, without the right armor components, I'd jury-rig standard armor onto the mech if I'm out of the advanced stuff. I bet it could be done relatively easily, it's just plating and not the actual structure of the mech(endo steel). So I'd still like to have the laser reflective armor at first.

Canonically Endo Steel facilities are very rare compared to normal structure facilities, and have to be made in a zero G environment. I think that's also why most mechs use FF instead of endo-steel even though endo steel has the better weight savings to crits ratio. Why the structure is so cheap I don't have a clue.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 286 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4747

Contact Admins Sarna.net