MechCommander Gold - Misson Editor (TedIds.csv)

Pages: 1
LordNova2
11/13/13 10:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Some of you who played MCG back in those day on the Zone may remember seeing my clan “Clan Sword” or “C-Sword”, and my even remember seeing or playing some of our extravagant maps that mixed Port Aurthor structures/buildings in Cermak maps or vice versa, or even seeing inert Mechs/Vehicles in a map.
back In those days I was a bit more ambitious with hacking/tinkering of the files to games and experimented with them to see what they did and how to modify the games, on a very basic level of course I was no magician with hexadecimal or fully decompiling software. But I had stumbled across the fact that the TedIds.csv files held the information for structures buildings mechs vehicles and what not in the mission editor. This file also contained information on whether or not the building (or what not) was restricted to Port Arthur and/or Cermak or used in both, by modifying this file I could insert Port Arthur buldings into Cermak maps, and Cermak buildings into Port Arthur maps, as well as “inert” mechs and vehicles into multiplayer maps in which the editor did not allow for.
At the time this was rather extravagant and intriguing to see buildings and or mechs that did not belong in that type of multiplayer map. At the time it was sort of our clan’s “trade-mark” when we built our own multiplayer maps, so the information on how it was done was not freely shared to the public.

I am not seeing how to add downloads into the downloads area here on Sarna, so I will leave a link for this file to be downloaded and be put up by an admin here at Sarna if they would like to add it to their collection.
The Zip file contains a read-me on how to install the TedIds.csv file for use with the MCG Mission Editor. This is the original zip-file that was distributed within Clan Sword, so you will find some “do not share” propaganda within the readme file, and some of my very bad spelling and typing skills back in those days too. Attachment (366 downloads)
Nic JansmaAdministrator
11/14/13 10:02 AM

Hey LordNova2,

Cool, thanks for sharing! If you want to update the readme a bit so it doesn't say "THE CONTENS OF THIS PACKAGE SHALLNOT BE DISTRIBUTED IN ANY WAY!", then I'd be happy to put the file in the "downloads" section.
-- NicJ
LordNova2
12/25/13 08:44 PM

Yea I can modify it if you like. Like I said it was the original file from back in the day. LOL

I rewrote the redme it now reads:
Quote:
Installation:
Backup your old "TedIds.csv" file located in "C:\Program Files\Microprose\mcx\teditor". Extract the new "TedIds.csv" to the same directory.

Open your mission editor and rotate the buildings to change from PA to Cermak, you may need to make full revolutions. You will also notice that there are tabs in the editor for adding mechs when making a multilayer map.

Attachment (323 downloads)
BobTheZombieModerator
12/31/13 09:03 PM

Wow, LordNova2, that's really cool that you stumbled onto that. I didn't know that you could so easily hack the editor like that. I've done some modding/texture packs for games like Age of Empires II and Fate, but didn't know that it was so accessible for MCX. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Do you know of any files that can easily be reached that could alter the game itself (campaign)? Just a thought.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6466

Contact Admins Sarna.net