Doncha hate price-jackers?

Pages: 1
EdmondDantes224
01/10/14 08:11 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, I'm gonna make a long story short.

When I was a kid, I heard of an anime called "Captain Future" which I later learned was based on a series of books. I've wanted to read it but it was rare.

Today, I discovered that a company has been collecting Captain Future in hardback, with the first collection being released in 2009 and containing the first four books.

The problem? The first volume quickly went out of print--before I had a chance to learn it existed--and now jerkwads want nearly A THOUSAND DOLLARS for it. I've seen prices like that on AbeBooks too (Volume One didn't turn up on eBay when I checked, but I'm sure it would be the same).

Gosh, why do people always have to price-jack things? I'm sure nobody would actually pay that much for a relatively recent hardcover that I'm sure will turn up in Hastings or Barnes and Noble sooner or later.

But I guess I better buy volumes two and three before they get insanely priced too.
ghostrider
01/10/14 01:25 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is why alot of new companies fail. They come out with a decent product, and it sells pretty good.
Then they raise prices to a point that most people wont pay for. They will get a couple, but no where near enough to keep them afloat.
Also they see a way to become bill gates in a year.

And that is also a trick as well. Makes people want the new stuff before the prices go up. Ive fallen for it myself, so can sympathize with you.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3342

Contact Admins Sarna.net