Battletech CCG on android thinktank

Pages: 1
theod3
02/07/14 01:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
First, assume that there were no licensing issues. Next, throw out any nostalgic attachment to the old CCG (it is dead let's face it). Now, answer this question: How would it make money?

Forget about design and game elements for now, how would a Battletech CCG game make money on mobile devices?
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/08/14 02:42 AM

Why would it have to be on mobile devices?

What if the game were more of a LCG design ala Netrunner or Pathfinder?
-- NicJ
theod3
02/08/14 07:51 AM

Actually had never heard of an LCG before. I've just seen the popularity of the android card models and thought it would work nicely for Battletech. The LCG looks very similar to what an android game would look like just without real cards.

Why can't it both? My thinking is that it could be run on the mobile devices and if it's successful "port" to a live version.
theod3
02/08/14 07:57 AM

The only thing I don't like about the LCG from the brief bit I read is that it seems to take away the collectability of the cards. Everyone had the same cards.

Edited by theod3 (02/08/14 07:58 AM)
Nic JansmaAdministrator
02/10/14 12:30 AM

Quote:
The only thing I don't like about the LCG from the brief bit I read is that it seems to take away the collectability of the cards. Everyone had the same cards.

Which is also one of the nice things about it. You don't need to spend endless $ trying to buy the latest greatest rarest cards.
-- NicJ
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6280

Contact Admins Sarna.net