Equipment question: Artemis IV FCD

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
02/13/14 04:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quick question here...I know the Artemis system must be installed samr location as the missile launcher, but I seem to recall seeing a "special case" rule way back where a missile system in the CT could mount the Artemis in the Head. SSW won't let me do it, Tech Manual doesn't mention it, but I just checked and The Drawing Board allowd it. Has that rule changed, or is it just nit mentioned in the current books?
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
02/13/14 04:45 PM

That's the rule in battletech compendium 1691 page 114.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
02/13/14 05:24 PM

I don't like that rule. It just does not make sense.
KamikazeJohnson
02/13/14 06:43 PM

Quote:
I don't like that rule. It just does not make sense.

Neither does the rule that if one missile system uses Artemis, they all do. Including One-Shots. Excluding Streaks. Either let them use the Artemis independently, or use a combined system TC-style.

I like the rule because it allows me to upgrade my Commando the way I wamt to :-)
--Thomas Jefferson
Retry
02/13/14 06:58 PM

It's probably to prevent someone making some LRM/20 boat w/ Artemis IV mowing everyone along with LRM/5s not hindered with the extra tonnage of the artemis to mine lay everything at the same time.

That's my theory anyways.
KamikazeJohnson
02/13/14 07:30 PM

Quote:
It's probably to prevent someone making some LRM/20 boat w/ Artemis IV mowing everyone along with LRM/5s not hindered with the extra tonnage of the artemis to mine lay everything at the same time.

That's my theory anyways.

But...that's just an intelligent design...

Ok, so Clan LRMs could be pretty unbalanced in that case. IS Tech it would be fun to use, but far from overpowered.
--Thomas Jefferson
Retry
02/13/14 07:41 PM

cLRMs don't need any more help dominating autocannons, thank you.
KamikazeJohnson
02/13/14 11:07 PM

Quote:
That's the rule in battletech compendium 1691 page 114.

Good...pretty sure I saw that in the rule book once upon a time. Didn't see it in the new books though, so I'm curious if it was taken out.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
02/14/14 12:51 AM

The ability to move the artemis system into the head might come from the fact that a system that has more criticals to assign then one area can hold allow you to assign criticals of that weapon to another adjacent location.
The head is adjacent to the center torso. The artemis saying it must be part of the launcher would fall under this heading.

I believe this came about because people wanted to install artillery in mechs. I believe the arrow IV started this, or maybe the sniper/long tom. Not sure.
It also helped people out when they started using endosteel/ferrous fiber. The crits used in the arms started interferring with crit placement in innersphere mechs using the triple critical using double heat sinks.

Honestly, it should have been removed. But that is my opinion.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 402 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4516

Contact Admins Sarna.net