Medium Laser – 3 – CT – 1 - 1
2 Medium Lasers – 6 - RA - 3 – 3
AMS - * - RA – 1 - .5
2 Medium Lasers – 6 – LA – 3 – 3
AMS - * - LA – 1 - .5
AMS ammo - * - LT – 1 - 1
Cargo - * - Head – 1 - .5

26,957,515 C-Bills

Everyone likes making there own version of the Atlas so I decided to design an Atlas hunter modeled somewhat after the Atlas.

I wanted a mech that can out maneuver an Atlas and the only way I could do that was to make it faster. The only really way to do that was by making the mech five tons lighter and put in a 380 XL engine.

I really dont like AC but I needed a heavy hitting replacement for the AC-20 and the only thing that fits the bill is the Gauss Rifle. Because of my desire to engage beyond the range of the AC-20 of the Atlas I wanted to make sure I did not run out of ammo so I put in three tons of GR ammo.

The LRM -20 is a good hard hitting weapon but like LRMs as much as AC/s. To replace the LRM-20 I put in its place a Light Guess Rifle. Granted it does not do as much damage as the LRM-20 it at least does all of the damage it in one place. Also it has a longer range of the LRM. Another thing them pesty AMSs really get in the way.

Like the GR I did not want the LGR to be that one shot short of wining the battle so I gave it two tons of ammo.

One does not like having that long shot chance of hitting something and not want to wast ammo on such long shots. Because of that I have replaced the SRM-6 with an Extended Range PPC.

I doubled the medium lasers in each arm. Because of the Extra Light Gyro in the center torso I had to remove one of the medium lasers there I also moved the remaining one from rear firing to front firing.

There are lots of mechs and vehicles out there that have missile launchers so I installed two AMS one in each arm.

Because of the possibility of this mech being out in the field for extended missions to hunt down assault mechs the pilot was given an extremely enlarged storage locker in the mechs head to keep what ever supplies he might think he might need for the mission.

The way I designed it was to either fire the medium lasers or the extended range PPC depending on the range of the target. It can do an alpha strike but at a high cost.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/05/14 07:57 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I can see this giving an Atlas a good run for the money. Makes for a nice assault mech and one that can carry the fight to the enemy as well as wait for them to come at them.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
03/05/14 08:28 PM

Anything with long ranged weapons and can keep from closing with an atlas can normally take one down. Lrms run out of ammo, especially when you can keep them firing on 9+. The packhunter would be a good example.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/05/14 08:30 PM

I was thinking that this would seek out assault mechs wail the rest of the lance runs interference and covers its back.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/05/14 08:40 PM

This unit seems to have enough ammo to take out a few assault mechs depending on some damage rolls, and I am not talking head shots.
I can see where you would have to close a little to make sure shots count, but against an atlas, you have the range on them. Once lrm ammo gone, you need to keep a range of 10 against the original atlas. Not sure about any updated ones.

I would suggest dropping one of the medium lasers and adding another ton of normal gauss ammo. Distance would be the key here.
03/05/14 09:56 PM

Its not just for hunting the Atlas its for hunting any heavy or assault mech. Some assault mechs have some real good long range weapons.

I think three tons of gauss ammo is good enough and I dont want to weaken its up and personal weapons. Say its going up against something that has four LRM-20s. You will want to get well short of the min range of them LRM-20s.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/05/14 09:58 PM

Never personally needed more then two tons of Gauss ammo, but I can see that by having the extra shots a new player can experiment and learn what ranges work for them.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
ghostrider
03/06/14 12:13 AM

I would be leary of trying to get within that range without having alot of terrain around to avoid being pounded by the lrms.

I do know the salamander has 3 lrm 20's. Don't know one with 4. There may be one in wob forces. Maybe the yeoman, but not sure.
12/16/16 03:25 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6167

Contact Admins Sarna.net