Arachnid Main Battlemech

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
ghostrider
03/06/14 07:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Not saying modifying the code. I have seen out of the package factory disc have viruses and errors on them. They don't test is like they should. Hell windows doesn't work like it should, and its one of the most expensive never finished products used.

The canon rules for battle tech have changed, now unless megamek has different versions of it, I don't think they cover everything.
It isn't so much 3025, I like alot of the clan stuff, but thought it was getting a little overboard. I understand trying to bring new conflicts to keep the game moving along.

I have had several long time games that were supposed to be fixed in newer versions lock or have to be restarted if you got caught in a certain spot. No way to get out of it.
You saying not wanting to play with megamek is weak because it's not official.

Let me introduce the plasma cannon from another game. NO heat, range of 1200 meters, does 4d6 points of damage for a single shot, or burst fire for 6d6 damage. It can be fired up to 5 times a round with either burst or single.
Or the paricle beam cannon. no heat, 1829 meter range, does 4d10 damage. Can be fired more then 3 times a round.
Everything is standard. There are no variants. Simple and effective. EVERYONE has it.
There is no surprise of doing no less damage because of a specific armor, or ecm someone uses.
Retry
03/06/14 07:31 PM

Megamek isn't a disc game...

MM has the most recent canon rules.

I don't understand your last point.
ghostrider
03/06/14 07:41 PM

Not having the funds or ability to travel is not weak.
Not playing because of a lack of time can be forgiven.
Saying it is not worth playing on table top is a little weak.
Granted using the pewter figures and figuring out how far your mech can move is a pain.
The normal cardboard is easiest to do. And without the plastic trees in the way, it makes it even easier.
The ability to have a computer running the game makes it that much easier.
Not wanting to trust something that is not canon is like not wanting to play with house rules.
You find out that there are things you can't do after the fact, or there are things you can do that change the whole game.
Some people want to know everything that can or can't be done before they waste the time to even try.
ghostrider
03/06/14 07:46 PM

I could get on megamek and try to play. Since I don't know all of the new rules, it is very possible to find out that something I do alot is no longer valid.
Infantry damage is a good one. Like alot of people that don't know it's been changed, I went with weapons designed to kill enemy tanks and mechs without the need to crit it to death.
Now that doesn't work.

If I didn't know how ecm worked, I could have all streaks on my mech. I go to fire them and find out at that moment, non of them work. How do you think I would react?
Retry
03/06/14 07:46 PM

Except the "unofficial" program mirrors TW quite well, so not really like house rules unless you use unofficial options built into the program.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/07/14 11:22 AM

Retry you cant come up with a couple hundred for a once a year trip?

There are plenty of gaming and comic book conventions around the states where you might be able to drive to one. Share a room with three other people to keep the room cost down.

I went to a convention just this last January that was 5 days long. Granted the air flight was quite costly with having extra over sized baggage for bulky hall costumes. It cost me about $600 for the trip (not including what I chose to spend extra money on and the cost of food) that $400 was the flight with the costly baggage.

I am guessing for you the problem might be that this requires wanting to socialize with other people wail playing a game and not just playing just another first shooter computer game where what or who is controlling the enemy force is irrelevant. For people like Karagin the social aspect is as important or even more important than just playing some game. For a lot of people its not fun unless there are other people there with you having fun also.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/07/14 12:36 PM

I could, maybe, but I don't see the point of spending either the time or the limited money to do the same thing I could do on MM... A concept neither of you seem to grasp.

No, there are not any conventions near my area.

And my god, there is no way I will spend 600 or anywhere near that for a bloody convention.

Here's what I cannot grasp. After multiple posts of "I don't have the money, the time, I don't need the hassle I don't want to bother my friends because I know they are not interested", plus other very valid preferences that include streamlining, all you get from that is "you must have problems socializing"...

Good for Karagin. I don't care. That's not me.

Karagin, Either play me on MM or repeal your statements that this cannot even deal with a timber wolf.
ghostrider
03/07/14 01:48 PM

Not everyone has disposable cash of even 20 buck, much less 100 or more.

And even though Karagin has not said it straight out, there has been a couple of times he hinted he would go to the area retry is in to play. It did sound like he wanted neutral parties there to run the game.

And on a side note, the boards seems slow when they aren't going at each other.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 23548

Contact Admins Sarna.net