Some new products from Assanine Industries

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/17/14 01:07 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Some reason my spell checker is not working so there are going to be LOTS of misspelled words.

Assanine Industries wanted to start a line of medium main battle tanks. What they used as a starting point was the market of the Bulldog. A tank that has a fighting chance at taking on other medium mechs and tanks wail keeping the cost under a million C-Bills. It was decided that a tank that can carry its own infantry support was seen as a good addition. To keep cost and weight down it was decided to try to keep the weapons at one main weapon and one secondary weapon.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
03/17/14 01:09 PM

Doberman

tech Inner Sphere post 3050
tank weight 55
chassis type track
engine 220 ICE 20t
cruse speed 4
Flank speed 6
Lift/rotor/other none
control 2.75t
IS 5.5t

Armor IS/Armor 88 5.5t

Front 6/35
LT/RT 6/15
Back 6/8
Turret 6/15

Weapons/ammo placement weight
Gauss Rifle turret 16.5t
Gauss Rifle ammo (24) body 3t
MG front .5
MG ammo (50) body .25
Infantry Squad body 1t

Cost 1,103,470 CBills

To give the Doberman a good punch it was given a Gauss Rifle as its main weapon. It can strip a full ton of standard armor off with each hit. Few mechs can ignore such firepower. Also the Gauss Rifle has a good range. Assanine Industries wanted to add a targeting computer to add in the weapons accuracy but it just did not have the four tons that a targeting computer would need for such a large weapon system.

As for the secondary weapon a .20 caliber Gatling Gun was chosen for its anti-infantry effectiveness. Its not very affetive against armored infantry but is quite deadly against unarmored infantry.

To protect the tank from enemy infantry with anti tank missile the tank can carry a seven man squad internally

The tanks one fault is its extremely light armor protection for a tank of its size.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 01:12 PM

Isn't assanine industries the one low-tech producer? The gauss rifle doesn't seem very low tech.
Reiter
03/17/14 02:50 PM

BattleTech Vehicle Technical Readout
VALIDATED

Type/Model: Untitled
Tech: Inner Sphere / 3060
Config: Tracked Vehicle
Rules: Level 2, Standard design

Mass: 55 tons
Power Plant: 220 I.C.E.
Cruise Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
1 Gauss Rifle
1 Machine Gun
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: Untitled
Mass: 55 tons

Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 30 pts Standard 0 5.50
Engine: 220 I.C.E. 0 20.00
Cruise MP: 4
Flank MP: 6
Heat Sinks: 0 Single 0 .00
Cockpit & Controls: 0 3.00
Crew: 4 Members 0 .00
Turret Equipment: 0 1.50
Armor Factor: 125 pts Ferro-Fibrous 2 7.00

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 6 32
Left / Right Sides: 6 24/24
Rear: 6 13
Turret: 6 32

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Items Mass
1 Gauss Rifle Turret 0 16 2 17.00
1 Machine Gun Front 0 100 2 1.00
TOTALS: 0 6 55.00
Items & Tons Left: 10 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 1,208,483 C-Bills
Battle Value 2: 865 (old BV = 583)
Cost per BV: 1,397.09
Weapon Value: 326 / 326 (Ratio = .38 / .38)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 14; MRDmg = 11; LRDmg = 7
BattleForce2: MP: 4T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 5
Damage PB/M/L: 1/2/2, Overheat: 0
Class: GM; Point Value: 9

How I would do it using tech 2 rules and skipping on infantry bay. Only 100k more Cbills and 1 ton less ammo for the gauss rifle.

As for low tech, it can also be minimal with some advance. Its not like its max weight, slower then a glacier, has separate firing arcs for six different silly turrets, using an XXL engine and self described as being the most awesome thing out there...when its the same design using different weapons every time so how can there be a repeatedly better different version? Minimal can be minimal weight with just one high tech weapon, kind of how I build things. Restrict myself, then work from there until satisfied...not use everything possible trying to counter every contingency...portable Alamo missile rule on a sprint hover craft...DONE! Beats everything, cannot be hit to stop it and the damage wipes out everything short of a warship and if its in space...you just push it out the air lock lol
Retry
03/17/14 03:28 PM

To me tech level is determined by the highest tech equipment used. So if you have an ICE mech using angel ECM and stealth, in my opinion, it would be a high-tech mech. A bad one, but still high tech.
ghostrider
03/17/14 03:38 PM

the tank is meant to carry the squad of infantry.

I am assuming the weight of the turret is part of the weight for the gauss.

Looks usable. If used in a lance, it definately has a good punch with a platoon of infantry.

Price is decent, though as you said, the armor is a little light.
With the range and punch of the gauss rifle, it might keep it out of trouble for a while.
03/17/14 06:17 PM

First Assanine Industries has very little access to Ferro-Fibrous armor. They cant make it them selves.

The only thing Assanine Industries tries to import is raw materials and they don't like doing that. The whole idea is to bring up the standard of living in their system by exporting combat hardware and to import as little as possible. Importing anything hurts that goal so they do their best not to.

Second I liked the Doberman combat vehicle exactly as I designed it. If I wanted it like that I would have designed it that way.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/17/14 06:21 PM

Yes ghostrider the weight of the turret was added to the weight of the Gauss Rifle.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
03/17/14 06:22 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

Doberman

I approve. I made a lighter, slower version of the same concept - GR, MG, keep it simple. I like the addition of the squad bay, very Merkava-like.

Retry, the GR might not be the lowest tech weapon, but that doesn't mean the rest of the tank needs to be fancy. And if supplies of the single high tech item dry up, the GR leaves a 15-ton hole easily filled with any number of lower tech items, like autocannons.

Not that BT autocannons are low tech. Even the lowest velocity ACs, the AC/20s, fling shells at 3.6km/s or faster, deep into rail gun territory and beyond reasonable limits for gunpowder propulsion. They got some high tech magic to them.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
03/17/14 06:59 PM

Man, and it can get out to a range of 270 meters! Will the miracles never cease!

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 07:01 PM

Hehe...
03/17/14 07:05 PM

Rottweiler

tech Inner Sphere post 3050
tank weight 45
chassis type track
engine 180 ICE 14t
cruse speed 4
Flank speed 6
Lift/rotor/other none
control 2.25t
IS 4.5t

Armor IS/Armor 116 7.25t

Front 6/40
LT/RT 6/20
Back 6/10
Turret 6/26

Light Gauss Rifle turret 12t
Light Gauss Rifle ammo (32) body 2t
MG front .5
MG ammo (50) body .25
Turret 1.2
Infantry Squad body 1t

Cost 868,550 C-bills

The Rottweiler is meant to be a lighter version of the Doberman.

In stead of the Gauss Rifle of the Doberman the Rottweiler has a Light Gauss Rifle. It does not have the hitting punch of the full sized Gauss Rifle but it does have a good punch nun the less.

With two tons of LGR ammo it can stay in the fight for a good long time.

With a lighter main weapon the tank was able to have almost another two tons of armor protection to help it keep in the fight.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 07:09 PM

Up next, the Great Dane with a heavy gauss rifle as a larger version of the Doberman?
03/17/14 07:19 PM

I thought of using the name Great Dane but instead I used Doberman.

Nope this is the last of the Gauss Rifles

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/17/14 07:47 PM

Boxer

tech Inner Sphere post 3060
tank weight 20
chassis type track
engine 100 fusion 4.5t
cruse speed 5
Flank speed 8
Lift/rotor/other none
control 1t
IS 2t

Armor IS/Armor 84 5.25t

Front 2/30
LT/RT 2/15
Back 2/8
Turret 2/16

Large Laser turret 5
MG front .5
MG ammo (50) body .25
Infantry Squad body 1t

Cost 383,300 C-Bills

The Boxer is meant to be a direct replacement for Bulldog's Bulldog medium tank.

Where the Bulldog costs 1,128,800 C-Bills the Boxer only runs for 383,300 C-Bills which is about a third of the cost of the Bulldog.

The first difference everyone sees after the size difference is that the Boxer does not have a ICE power plant but instead a fusion plant. This allows the Boxer to be a third of the weight, great deal smaller and faster by 25%.

The tween SRM-4 where seen as just adding to the tanks weight and was not incorporated into the Boxer.

The Boxer is a good tank for coming in fast hitting its target hard with the large laser and escaping before a great deal of return fire can penetrating its armor.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/17/14 08:10 PM

What a small laser to replace the MG? You have the heat sinks for it.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
03/17/14 08:15 PM

The MG is for anti-infantry work and a small laser is useless for that roll.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 08:15 PM

The whole purpose of the industry is to be a low tech seller to the periphery.
03/17/14 08:16 PM

Pit Bull

tech Inner Sphere post 3060
tank weight 25
chassis type track
engine 175 fusion 10.5t
cruse speed 7
Flank speed 11
Lift/rotor/other none
control 1.25t
IS 2.5t

Armor IS/Armor 84 5.25t

Front 3/25
LT/RT 3/20
Back 3/10
Turret 3/13

3 Medium Lasers Turret 3t
Short Range Missiles 2 pack Front 1t
SRM-2 ammo (25) .5t
Machine Gun Front .5
MG ammo (40) .2t
Turret .3

Cost 664,834 C-Bills

The Pit Bull is aptly named, it comes in fast and tears everything in sight up.

Customers of Assanine Industries wanted a small fast tank that carried a good punch at an affordable price. So, Assanine Industries delivered the Pit Bull. The tanks main weapon is three medium lasers backed up with a Short Range Missile system two pack. What the Pit Bull cant overwhelm with firepower it can out run.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/17/14 08:23 PM

Quote:
Retry writes:

The whole purpose of the industry is to be a low tech seller to the periphery.

That is not true. Assanine Industries main customers are within the Inner Sphere. They sale to a large quantity of Inner Sphere militias that just cant afford battle mechs. They also sale to small mercenary forces and private security armies that again just cant afford to buy or support battle mechs.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/17/14 08:32 PM

So is the chuahua a jeep with the lrm 1?

The boxer is half the weight of the bulldog, so yeah, it is cheaper. The srms were nice for added firepower against other armored units like mechs and tanks.

But the whole line is decent. though the pit bull is weird since it uses a fusion instead of the normal ice as well as the use of lasers. Not that it's a bad thing, just out of line with the rest.
Retry
03/17/14 08:34 PM

I'd figure the boxer would be more difficult to make despite the cost, being fusion engined and all. Still a good tank.
03/17/14 09:03 PM

Assanine Industries builds quite a few fusion engines for a variety of tanks.

The Boxer is one third the weight of the Bulldog. The Boxer is 20 tons where the Bulldog is 60 tons.

I use fusion engines for the main reason of free heat sinks for lasers the secondary reason is to lighten the tank.

Yes the Bulldog had the extra firepower of the two SRM-4s, at the extra weight of six tons. Just by ditching the two SRM-4s you can bring down the weight of the tank by 20 tons.

ICE engine 160 V 240
12 tons V 23 tons loss of 11 tons
2 SRM-4s and two tons of ammo loss 6 tons
IS from 60 to 40 loss 2 tons
Control 60 to 40 1 ton
That is a grand total of 20 tons
You just dropped the tanks weight by one third just by ditching the two SRM-4s.
You also dropped the tanks cost by 64.7%

Is the extra firepower the the two SRM-4s bring to the table really worth having the tank at an extra 20 tons?

This is why I don't like more than one main weapon unless its a fusion engine with three medium lasers.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!

Edited by His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey (03/17/14 09:07 PM)
03/17/14 09:05 PM

I might consider a large laser with a medium laser and one extra heat sink added.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 09:17 PM

The SRMs of the bulldog had more firepower than the laser itself.
03/17/14 09:49 PM

If you take in account that the large laser has greater range and is not limited by ammo requirements I would greatly disagree with that.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
03/17/14 09:55 PM

The Bulldog is best used in cities, and if you take into account the fact that the SRM4s can use infernos against other vehicles the large laser is left in the dust by everything but ammo and range.
Karagin
03/17/14 09:59 PM

Retry what is your amazement with infernos?
Karagin

Retry
03/17/14 10:01 PM

Okay, it's clear you have never used infernos on vehicles.
Karagin
03/17/14 10:09 PM

Retry your generalization is amazing, yes I have used them and while cool, they are not all that exciting, hence why folks don't use them that often if at all. So again why the amazement with them?

They won't kill anything Donkey has posted any faster then anything else used in the game. Anyone can avoid them, and given that he has taken the route of having anti-infantry weapons I am sure that none of these vehicles will be working alone that to reduces the odds of running into inferno equipped infantry, though YMMV.
Karagin

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 21741

Contact Admins Sarna.net