Some new products from Assanine Industries

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Retry
03/17/14 10:36 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Naturally with paper thin armor you may as well go with standard ammo, but if you encounter something heavier you will want infernos.
ghostrider
03/17/14 11:49 PM

I have used infernos on vehicles.
They burn bright and die quickly.

I believe retry was saying the srm 4 was better then the medium laser, not the large laser.
But that is besides the point. If you want to make a variant of an existing tank, then do so. This thread seems to be running along the lines of an alternative tank.

The single main with an mg back up runs along the vedette lines. A po tank is another one like that. Simple to operate.
Karagin
03/17/14 11:51 PM

Simple is good for things being sold in mass and not as the end of designs.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/18/14 07:19 AM

That is exactly what the business modal for Assanine Industries is, mass production of vehicles that are affordable to anyone that needs protection.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
03/18/14 03:09 PM

with that company name, you would expect something really stupid.
CrayModerator
03/18/14 06:24 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

Man, and it can get out to a range of 270 meters! Will the miracles never cease!

The AC/20 also has a range of 54 kilometers. The AC/10 jumps to 108km.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
03/18/14 06:28 PM

Quote:
Retry writes:

Okay, it's clear you have never used infernos on vehicles.

They have a chance for a regular crit, like AP AC ammo. That's nice, but it's not like the insta-kill opportunity of Infernos in older rules.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Retry
03/18/14 06:50 PM

Tell that to the guy who yesterday, insta-immobilized my Hunter LRM tank via engine crit, did the same to a vedette, stunned my Partisan for two turns and kept it stunned for half the scenario until death, and overall either reduced my reinforced vee lance to scrap metal or immobilized them to near uselessness.

And his only infernos were from a single SRM2.

Doesn't matter if it technically is not an instant kill, it's near as good as one.
CrayModerator
03/18/14 07:00 PM

Quote:
Retry writes:

Tell that to the guy who yesterday, insta-immobilized my Hunter LRM tank via engine crit, did the same to a vedette, stunned my Partisan for two turns and kept it stunned for half the scenario until death, and overall either reduced my reinforced vee lance to scrap metal or immobilized them to near uselessness.

And his only infernos were from a single SRM2.

Given the average hit rate of an SRM 2, and the average percentage of crit rolls that generate critical hits, that reads like an extreme-end-of-the-bell-curve incident. Not really something you'd use to generate a good estimate of a weapon's performance.

ghostrider
03/18/14 07:26 PM

I admit that vehicles have a high crit possibility, it was luck that one weapon did all that.

But the fact that ANY weapon can do that is an issue.
And it does make me want to ask how he used an srm to hit a hunter? I would figure keeping out of range with that and the vedette would be a general idea.
Karagin
03/18/14 08:10 PM

So what you are saying Ghostrider is the game suffers when they weapons are one hit one kill?
Karagin

ghostrider
03/18/14 09:04 PM

For the poor player that dies without getting to play? that is a definate yes.

Even for the winning player, it kinds kills the joy of manuevering and doing all the desperate overheats trying to avoid being killed yourself.
Retry
03/18/14 10:03 PM

Any weapon has the potential, sure, but it is quite low with the others. Inferno hits have a guaranteed crit chance, even though that's a bit of an oxymoron.

Even without the extremes of fuel tank hits and ammo explosions, in close battles any crit or mobility loss can change the tides of battle.

Anyways, the battlefield was an urban setting so keeping my hunter's range long was a losing proposition and I had to settle with the best shots I could get off of it.. The two vedettes were liaos with twin medium lasers, not the normal AC5, so they had to get close.

My two laser infantry platoons didn't help much despite not getting hit.

Anyways, when is the next vee coming out?
ghostrider
03/19/14 12:06 AM

that is kinda the experience I have when playing. Criticals are what decide the battle.
More then half the game was decided before anything got into the low armor range.

Even with mech battles, the thru armor crit as you wanted to call it, decided the match long before many areas went internal. Both good and bad.

The fact that vehicle crews seem to die atleat once in every three tanks makes me wonder how any of them get into the 2 and even 3 gunnery range.

But this wanders from donkeys mini missile systems.
03/19/14 10:16 PM

Pigeon

tech Enter Sphere post 3050
chassis VTOL
tank weight 3
engine ICE 25 1t
cruse speed 25
Flank speed 38
Lift/rotor/other .3t
control .15t
IS .3

Armor 12 .75t

Front 1/4
LT/RT 1/2
Back 1/2
rotor 1/2

Weapons/ammo
MRM-1 (36)

Cost 30,725 C-Bills

The Pigeon was designed to give air support to forces that used Assinine Industrys' Infantry Support Tank. People that bought Assinine Industry's' Infantry Support Tank don't have a great deal of C-Bills to be throwing around so Assinine Industrys' wanted to keep the new VTAL as cheap as possible.

With that as the goal the lightest air frame was designed and as little was put into the craft. Since the Assinine Industrys' Infantry Support Tank already uses a MRM and would have ammo supplies it was decided to use the MRM-1 on the pigeon.

When it came to armor protection there was just no real weight left for much armor so the Pigeon's armor protection in paper thin.

Its common for a Pigeon pilot to fly at a high altitude and rain missiles down onto the enemy where its quite hard for return fire can reach the Pigeon
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/21/14 12:36 AM

Pigeon HR

chassis VTOL
tank weight 4
engine ICE 25 1t
cruse speed 18
Flank speed 27
Lift/rotor/other .4t
control .2t
IS .4

Armor 24 1.5t

Front 1/10
LT/RT 1/5
Back 1/2
rotor 1/2

Weapons/ammo
MRM-1 (36)

Cost 46,656 C-Bills

The Pigeon HR is just a Pigeon that was increaced in size to support a greater amount of armor plating. With the 50% increase in cost the Pigeon HR is not as popler as the origanal Pigeon with its cheaper cost.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/21/14 11:24 AM

Assinine Industrys Infantry Support Tank

chassis wheeled
tank weight 10t
engine 60 3t
cruse speed 8
Flank speed 12
Lift/rotor/other N/A
control .5t
IS 1t

Armor 32p 2t

Front 1/2
LT/RT 1/7
Back 1/16

Weapons/ammo
MRM 10 rear 3t
MRM ammo (12) .5t

cost 97,988 C-Bills

This is Assinine Industrys first tank that the company designed and marketed. Surprisingly its still Assinine Industrys best seller. When Assinine Industrys first set up shop they needed something for both defense and something that could be shipped off to the Enter Sphere to raise much needed capital for rebuilding the planet from the resent war to take the planet.

When it came to what to build there was little choice the planet did not have many options available to exploit. One small plant that survived with very minor damage was a plant that built ten ton trucks for local use as cargo hauling. It was not that hard to upgrade the plant to build military grade chassis.

The armor plating to use on the truck chassis that was as simple choice, simple armor plating was really the only choice do to the lack of plants to make anything else. The plant that was there before the invasion was heavily damaged during the fighting and the only thing that could be made anymore was just simple armor plating.

When it came to what to arm the trucks with that was very easy and quite difficult. Other than small arms the planet had no military weapons built on planet so anything the trucks where to be armed with would have to have the manufacturing plant be built from the ground up. The easy part was what to arm the trucks with. The only real choice was Medium Range Missiles do to how simple they where to make.

Its sells is targeted at small cities and towns to defend ageist raiding. It really has no hope of defeating anything more than maybe a 20 ton mech. But it still sees large sells.

A lot of infantry units have praised its help in giving them some greatly needed support. One of its greatest assets is that it can be parked in a bunker and fired by remote control. There have been more than one report from the tanks costumers that said that the tank delayed a raiding party long enough so a air strike or other friendly troops could turn away the raiding party. The funniest reports are the ones that tell of raiding parties chasing around the country side tanks that are out of ammo.

The designers of the tank knew that there tank would never be used in a offensive capacity. So it was designed to fire to the rear. That gives it the most speed when retreating. Also do to the original cargo chassis that was modified for the armored cars it was easier to leave is as is and not to have to modify the trucks to fire to the front.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
03/21/14 04:39 PM

Like the fluff text.
Karagin

Retry
03/21/14 05:20 PM

The HR pigeon is not more popular to who? The buyers or the actual GIs who have to pilot them?
03/22/14 01:08 PM

The guys that have to foot the bill out of their budget.

If the pilots want the HR they can pay the extra 16k C-Bills out of their paycheck. Every employer that I have ever had was more than willing to make my live a living hell than to be willing to let go of a single penny that was not absolutely mandatory and even then it would be months later.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
03/25/14 11:59 AM

A city on a planet that is on the boarder of the Federated Suns a the Periphery was seeing raids from a Bandit King every few years for slaves and anything else worth stealing.

The city did not have the money to pay for a mercenary unit to be there for years doing nothing until the bandit king raided again. So they got what money that they could come up with and bought four Assinine Industrys Infantry Support Tanks and six Pigeon VTALs and a contract for some military advisers. It was not easy for them to get the 600,000 C-Bills together but they did. As for creating the main body of the new militia there where plenty of men to volunteers to create a company of riflemen once there was something to fight mechs with other than field rifles.

It was decided to use the armored cars and the Pigeons to bait the bandit kings battlemechs to a large gorge that was a few miles from the city. An off shoot of the gorge was covered where the armored cars could cross safely but the weight of the running battle mechs would fall through. Concrete bunkers where built in the gorge where the infantry soldiers could be wail they waited for the mechs to fall into the gorge. There was a risk that one or more troopers would be crushed under the falling mechs but it had to be risked so the troopers would have enough time to plant explosives into the gaps in the mechs feet and legs before the mech warriors could recover and start shooting at the infantry.

As the mechs came close to the city the VTALs came up behind hoping to get in some rear shots in with the mechs not paying attention do to not expecting any resistance. Since the firestarter was bringing up the rear it was the mech that drew the VTALs fire. One of the medium missiles hit the mechs rear left torso doing almost no damage the other missiles fired did not hit the mech. After firing the VTALs headed north towards the covered ravine. The VTALs kept there speed down so as not to discourage the mechs to follow but kept out of range of the Phoenix Hawks large laser.

As the mechs arrived at the first ambush site all four armored cars open fired at the leading mech which was the Phoenix Hawk. Seven of the armored cars missiles hit the Phoenix Hawk doing very slight damage all over the mech doing no real damage to any one part of the mech. After firing the armored cars took off at full speed.

After being hit by the missiles the commander piloting the Phoenix Hawk ordered the other mechs to take the lead to attack the armored cars and he held back in the formation not wanting to be at the point for another ambush.

It only took a minute for the armored cars to drive over the covered ravine. The leading mech the Locust did not cause the bridging over the ravine to collapse which was not expected at all by the armored cars that slowed down to fire at any mechs that stopped short of the ravine. Since the armored cars where in immediate danger they open fired at the Locust. Three of the four armored cars hit the Locust doing a good amount of damage to the mech.

When the Firestarter and Stinger hit the ravine they did set off the trap and fell into the ravine causing a good amount of damage to their legs. When the commander saw the armored cars stopping he suspected another trap and slowed down but was not able to get off a warning before seeing the two mechs fall into the ravine.

As soon as the two mechs settled at the bottom of the ravine the company of infantry jumped out of their shelters and started to plant there explosive charges in the mechs vulnerable joints. After the explosives damaged the mechs the infantry retreated throwing fire bombs onto the mech trying to keep the warriors distracted from using there machine guns or flamers from killing the retreating infantry. Do to the fear of the fire the two mechs thrashed about doing a great deal more damage to their mechs that the infantry could have hoped to do.

The Locust pilot panicked when he saw the two mechs fall into the ravine and his only way of retreat cut off and fired his weapons wildly with just hitting the armored tanks with just a couple of machine gun rounds doing basically doing no damage to the armored cars. On the other hand the armored cars had no trouble hitting the stationary mech with a good amount of there medium missiles.

The Phoenix Hawk was kept busy by the six VTALs to keep it from helping the other mechs. The VTALs where doing no real damage to the Phoenix Hawk because they where trying to keep out of range of the large laser because it would rip through their paper thin armor as if there was nothing there at all.

When the commander saw the Locust fall and saw no more movement in the ravine from the two mechs that fell in he took off not wanting to have to fight the four armored cars alone.

About that time was when the raiders flatbed trucks and wheeled APCs where spotted that was meant for taking the newly acquired slaves and cargo to the waiting dropship. One of the armored cars and two VTALs where ordered to capture the trucks and any troops that are with them. The rest of the armored cars and VTALs chased down the last mech.

The armored cars had a very difficult time engaging the retreating Phoenix Hawk do to that they where never meant to be used in that roll. After taking a good amount of damage from the mechs large laser they gave up trying to fire on it but just kept chasing it. The VTALs had a lot easier time firing on the mech but the few times they did hit the mech they did very little damage.

The armored car and two VTALs that went to capture the truck convoy had one heck of a running battle with the retreating convoy. Not because of any weapons that the APCs carried but because of the speed that the convoy could maintain. But in the end the last truck was to damaged to continue.

There was never any report that Assinine Industries could ever find of the fate of the pilots of the captured battlemechs or any of the troops that where part of the convoy. On the contrary there was a great deal of information that Assinine Industries obtained of how the armored cars and VTALs did during and after the battle. Assinine Industries finds the great difference of information of the battle but the fate of the enemy troops quite odd.

The city made back more than they spent on the armored cars and VTALs selling the three battered battlemechs that where captured to a mercenary unit. The captured wheeled APCs and flatbed trucks that where salvageable where integrated into the militia with a couple of more armored cars that where bought from Assinine Industries to bring it up to an entire company of armored cars.

As for the bandit king and the surviving Phoenix Hawk nothing was heard of them after the pirates dropship left the planets surface. They never returned to raid the planet again.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:24 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 21731

Contact Admins Sarna.net