Bulldog FCE II

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Karagin
03/31/14 10:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
There is not internet rule, it is common sense since the rule say components like controls, amphiliphers and heat sinks etc...are required and are part of the construction. Leaving them out and assuming folks will figure it out is wrong.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
03/31/14 11:04 PM

Assuming I should change my design program, even though this works perfectly well for it's intended purposes, just so my posts will have a bit more pleasing format to you is no more correct.
Karagin
03/31/14 11:09 PM

So you are saying then Retry that posting correct information that includes all of the components as stated in the constructions rules is not something you would be bothered with and is not worth your time or effort to follow the rules as written in the core rule books?
Karagin

Retry
03/31/14 11:22 PM

Nice spinning there.

The information posted is correct, it is a valid design, and all this could have been found by calculating the givens(Such as every heat sink not free by the engine weighs 1 ton.)

The one time you tried to prove me wrong it was you yourself who messed up the design. (A turreted ML... You've never used manticores.)
Karagin
03/31/14 11:25 PM

Nice spinning your self, you won't admit you have posted incomplete information and keep going back to how your stuff is correct even though it's laid out in a format that makes it hard to read thus allowing someone to miss things. And again you avoid answering the question, but I am sure you will be making mention of this when you complain again about my comments.
Karagin

Retry
03/31/14 11:35 PM

I didn't omit any information that couldn't have been easily found with some simple inferences. Entering the information yourself(CORRECTLY) would reveal the unit is perfectly valid. All the rules are followed except perhaps the omitting of some givens. Which isn't much of a problem, because since they are givens, you can calculate whatever you want from those givens.
Karagin
03/31/14 11:49 PM

The information should be there to start with, all of the rest of us include such things when we post designs, so why can't you do the same, thus preventing anyone from questions the validity of your designs?
Karagin

Retry
03/31/14 11:50 PM

It could be, but it isn't, and it won't be. Deal with it.
ghostrider
04/01/14 01:28 AM

actually retry, your use of 2 different ecm systems that the rules said could not be used with each other, but then skirted the rules by saying it did not say they could not be on the same unit because they are not activated at the same it is an issue. I could very well say my tank has an energy weapon but no heat sinks and no amps on an ice but since I don't use it means it is legal.

All information should be listed to avoid issues. The fact that you didn't even list the turret starts off as a bad listing.
The listing should have everything there so you can see at a glance what is going on. Having to search thru all the lines to see if it has case, and if the crit was used in an innersphere unit is a good example.

But alot of this comes down to the fact that your free use of clan tech on innersphere things clouds peoples judgement on which is being used.
I don't have a system to plug in things, so figuring out weither you used a clan targetting computer or an innersphere one makes me wonder. same with the cannon. Did the program skip something important like leave out the control weight so an extra half ton was used elsewhere?

The original mechwarrior character book had the enforcer (pg 115) with 3 tons for the internal structure instead of 5. Without the full stats, most people would assume that mech had 2 tons of things it could have put on it. If not for using things like that to confirm how to build units, it would have put a bad light on the construction or the bad fact checking of the time.
Retry
04/01/14 05:00 PM

The rules don't say two ECM suites make a design illegal.

"Units with multiple ECM suites (of any type) may use only one at a time in game play. Fighters, Small Craft, DropShips and other airborne units may only use ECM suites when interacting with ground units, or in accordance with the advanced rules for aerospace combat covered in Strategic Operations. "

Tac ops 279

The rules state this just as they state that vees need heat sinks. The situations are nothing in common.

And the turret is shown clearly

And where are you getting the extra random half ton from?
ghostrider
04/01/14 06:56 PM

The term game play.
Does that mean for the round, or the entire combat scenario?
Could I use a different one next round?
Do they clarify this?

As for the fractal statement, it was directed to Karagin when he was putting the laser into the turret.
Retry
04/01/14 06:58 PM

I believe they mean "one per round" when they say in game play, but that's my interpretation. It may be clarified in an errata, but I wouldn't know.
CrayModerator
04/01/14 07:00 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:

but I am sure you will be making mention of this when you complain again about my comments.

Retry didn't make a complaint about your comments. Opening Sarna to have to read through every one of 120 posts in a tweet war is enough, no user complaints necessary.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
04/01/14 07:10 PM

most of the things they have for scenario game play seems to last the entire encounter.

Though air units only being able to use ecm on ground units makes that useless in air combat.

The turret is not listed as to the weight of the turret itself. Did you use partial tons or stick with the .5 increments?
other weights are questioned as well. Innerspher or clan?
Retry
04/01/14 07:18 PM

The program I use doesn't have fractional accounting if that's what you mean.

As for tech base, that's one of the first things listed.(In this case, IS Advanced, IIRC Lv3 Tech)
Karagin
04/01/14 10:21 PM

Quote:
Cray writes:

Quote:
Karagin writes:

but I am sure you will be making mention of this when you complain again about my comments.

Retry didn't make a complaint about your comments. Opening Sarna to have to read through every one of 120 posts in a tweet war is enough, no user complaints necessary.

Glad you comment Cray, I sent you a PM on the matter.
Karagin

ghostrider
04/02/14 12:53 AM

yeah. cray has been lenient for both sides of that one.

doesn't mean it will stop, but oh well.

The forum is a little boring when you log in 12 hours later and not a single post.
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14741

Contact Admins Sarna.net