Armament:
1 LRM-5
1 Autocannon/2
1 Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 58 points 3,50
Engine: Fusion Engine 210 9,00
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 10 0,00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro: Standard 3,00
Cockpit: Standard 3,00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 96 6,00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 13
Center Torso (rear) 4
L/R Torso 8 13
L/R Torso (rear) 3
L/R Arm 6 8
L/R Leg 8 11

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autocannon/2 RA 1 1 6,00
Small Laser LA 1 1 0,50
LRM-5 CT 2 1 2,00
@AC/2 (45) RT - 1 1,00
@LRM-5 (24) CT - 1 1,00
Free Critical Slots: 42

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 3 Points: 6
6 1 1 1 0 1 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
ghostrider
04/08/14 07:04 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
wow. a light support mech. definately not a stand along mech.

Good for first response to start critting anything coming to you.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/08/14 09:20 AM

All I see this doing is being at best a nuisance to the enemy. As for its own side it would be seen as taking up a slot in a lance that could have been filled with something useful.

The only mission I can see this being good at is being alone behind the enemies lines doing hit and run attacks forcing the enemy to pull units off the front lines to have to hunt it down. It does have enough ammo to keep up at a running battle.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
KamikazeJohnson
04/08/14 01:22 PM

I like this type of design. Good utility at range, well protected for its size, and inexpensive.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Rotwang
04/08/14 05:09 PM

I designed it as a late Star League harasser, cavalry mech and fast intervention mech. Cheap, easy to produce and ship to the Periphery to deal with guerilla troops.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/08/14 10:41 PM

I would one of two things

Ditch the LRM, small laser and a half ton of armor and replace them with 3 medium lasers and another ton of AC-2 ammo.

Or ditch just the small laser and the half ton of armor and add the ton of ammo.

If your going to pot shot someone at long range you need a good amount of ammo.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Retry
04/08/14 10:44 PM

Well, there's only so much you can do with an AC/2.

Sadly, a PPC would be a much better choice if you were actually making a combat mech and not just messin' around with AC2s. It would fit just nicely too.
ghostrider
04/08/14 11:49 PM

if you go through 45 rounds of ammo in single shot mode, I would think the enemy would die of boredom.

Honestly can see this as a militia mech for low budget worlds. It has the potential to harrass enemy vehicles to death, while creating problems for mechs. They would potentially hold up enemies plans until reinforcements arrive.

Though removing the small laser and finding a half ton to put in an mg might work better. Better for dealing with infantry if you go that route.
KamikazeJohnson
04/09/14 12:45 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

if you go through 45 rounds of ammo in single shot mode, I would think the enemy would die of boredom.

Honestly can see this as a militia mech for low budget worlds. It has the potential to harrass enemy vehicles to death, while creating problems for mechs. They would potentially hold up enemies plans until reinforcements arrive.

Though removing the small laser and finding a half ton to put in an mg might work better. Better for dealing with infantry if you go that route.

I would sooner reduce the speed a notch than drop any weapons...as a militia 'Mech operating in a defensive capacity -- and a long-range support unit at that -- mobility isn't of paramount importance. Reducing the speed saves 2 tons for the engine and an additional ton for the gyro, and reduces the cost by almost 20%. That can be used to add another ton of LRM ammo (brings both LRM and AC ammo to roughly the same amount), upgrade the short-range weapons, or possibly add Jump Jets. I would back it up with LRM tanks, Infantry, and UrbanMechs.

In an offensive capacity however, it needs to be as mobile as possible, although the Jump Jets might still be worth more than the extra speed.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4832

Contact Admins Sarna.net