Idea for a DropShip

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/16/14 08:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am trying my self of new things to design but I have run out of ideas with what I have rules for.

Assinine Industries owns two Mule Q ships just encase of a main power trying to invade the planet again. The problem is I dont have any up to date construction rules for drop ships.

Both Mule drop ships where to be refitted for a dummy mercenary unit by two different companies in two different Enter Sphere powers other than the Federated Suns so there would be no connection back to Assinine Industries. If I had the rules to built drop ships I could play around with them
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!

Edited by Cray (04/17/14 06:40 PM)
ghostrider
04/16/14 08:49 PM

don't worry. They will change them as soon as you make the dropships.

Have you thought about using a mammoth or behemoth ship to use as a factory? Granted the behemoth doesn't land, but is that really such a bad thing? Have your transports just dock to move the merchandise over.
04/16/14 11:54 PM

The contracted behemoth drop ships I have access to are way to valuable for cargo hauling to be going around and messing with and on top of that I doubt the ship owners would put up with me messing with their ships.

Mule ships are common enough to buy and to modify to be kept under any radar including the Federated Suns.

As for a space station I have a giant one that is in the same solar planetary orbit as the planet. Vast majority of the stations holds are open to the void of space and holds raw materials for production of military hardware that Assinine Industrys builds. The reason that the station is not in planetary or loonier orbit is to keep it safe from falling or being pushed out of orbit. Its of a size if its full of cargo that it could wipe out the capital with ease with out even landing on top of the city but just falling close by. Its of such a large size and its thrusters are so small that it needs to be emptied of all most all cargo to lighten it up for the thrusters to have much affect at all. If threatened of attack the crew have standing orders to abandon the station to the attackers. Its of little value to cost lives to defend and can be taken back with little difficulty.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
04/17/14 04:18 AM

also easier to avoid detection, especially when not on a used space lane. Yeah, had lots of thoughts like that.
Now leaving it open to space is an interesting idea. Without suits, it is difficult to take anything, while removing doors makes it that much harder to defend. Solid ideas.
04/17/14 05:54 AM

Its not that far away to be undetectable. It needs to be close enough to be convenient to transport cargo to the planet. It is just far enough not to be affected by the planets gravity well.

As for it open to space it is sealed from space it just is not intended to hold an atmosphere

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
04/18/14 01:17 AM

guess we threadjacked the one and got shunted. Cool.

Granted it would be easier to process ores with a drop ship using the fusion heat to smelter the ores instead of bringing alot of unprocessed ore back.
04/18/14 07:36 AM

I PM Cray and asked him to move it because it got way off topic

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4837

Contact Admins Sarna.net