Need Help With An Image Issue

Pages: 1
TablaSaura
04/17/14 05:32 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I came across this page [link 1] which contains images for related products. I noticed that BC207h appeared twice. Clans should be f instead of h. I went ahead and renamed the images information in the Wiki entry, but I can't touch the file itself. I don't believe I have the power to rename the image file that currently exists. I tried uploading the same image with the proper file name but it was detected as already having been uploaded.

I looked for a way to delete the same file but again found no solutions. I even tried upping a newer version of the file (using the link on file's page [link 2]) but it just renamed my file to the file name that already exists. So I'm not sure how I should go about fixing the erroneously named "BC-207h - Clans.png" to "BC-207f - Clans.png". Any ideas?

Link 1: sarnaDOTnet /wiki/Total_Warfare_Style_Record_Sheets:_Phoenix_Upgrades
Link 2: sarnaDOTnet /wiki/File:BC-207h_-_Clans.png
BobTheZombieModerator
04/17/14 07:00 PM

First off, welcome to Sarna!

Okay, so you uploaded a new version of the old file which means you saved it as the same name and uploaded it; this is usually for image corrections, cropping, etc. You wanted to rename the file, right? In my opinion it really doesn't matter because what's shown on the page after you save it is what matters most. As long as the caption(s) in the article are correct it shouldn't matter.

You can't outright change the name of the file because that would break all the links to it from the different pages and I don't think that anyone can directly; you'd have to upload a new picture. If the name of it is still really bugging you, go to "Upload File" at the bottom left of any wiki page, and from there you can load a completely new picture with the correct name. You must be sure to replace any article links to the old one to that one. Tell me if that answered your question.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
TablaSaura
04/18/14 01:23 PM

Thank you! As long as the actual file name isn't an issue I'm good to go. I figured I would be completely thorough if possible but since that isn't so easy to achieve, I'll just move onto something new. Thank You BobTheZombie ^_^
BobTheZombieModerator
04/18/14 02:25 PM

You're welcome; let me know if you have any other problems
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5059

Contact Admins Sarna.net