Cataphract CTF-CDMC3125

Pages: 1
LegatusDavoke
04/18/14 04:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Designed by the shadowy Imperius Rex Industries for the equally clandestine Crimson Death Mercenary Corporation, the CDMC3125 Cataphract features a devastating array of weapons, focused on urban fighting. The primary weapon is an IRI Series 10C "Silverslug" Clan specification Gauss Rifle, mounted in the right torso. Backing this up is the newly created TSEMP Cannon, acquired illegally from the Capellans and then reverse engineered by scientists at IRI; this weapon is mounted in place of the Cataphract's more typical PPC. Lastly, the medium lasers were replaced with brutal Clan spec Improved Heavy Medium Lasers, giving the mech a deadly short range punch. Seventeen DHS keep the vehicle running cool, while a powerful Clan-spec 350XL engine allows the mech to move at a solid 86.4kph. CASEII systems protect the mech from internal explosions, namely the Gauss Rifle and Lasers, while a durable Endo-Steel frame provides a solid structure for the mech. Despite the hefty price tag, the CDMC has still managed to pay for almost an entire company of these mechs, with promises of at least six more to be purchased.

Cataphract
CDMC3125

Config:Biped
TechBase:Mixed (Clan Chassis)
Era:3125
Rules Level:4

Mass:70
Engine:350 XL Fusion Engine (Clan)
Structure:Endo-Steel
Myomer:Standard

Heat Sinks:17 Double (Clan)
Walk MP:5
Jump MP:0

Armor:Ferro-Fibrous (Clan)
LA Armor:20
RA Armor:20
LT Armor:22
RT Armor:22
CT Armor:32
HD Armor:9
LL Armor:26
RL Armor:26
RTL Armor:8
RTR Armor:8
RTC Armor:8

Weapons:6
1 CLGaussRifle, Right Torso, Ammo:24
1 ISTSEMP, Right Arm
1 CLImprovedHeavyMediumLaser, Right Torso
1 CLImprovedHeavyMediumLaser, Right Arm
1 CLImprovedHeavyMediumLaser, Left Torso
1 CLImprovedHeavyMediumLaser, Left Arm

Left Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
Hand Actuator
CLImprovedHeavyMediumLaser
Ferro-Fibrous
Ferro-Fibrous
Ferro-Fibrous
Ferro-Fibrous
Endo-Steel
Endo-Steel

Right Arm:
Shoulder
Upper Arm Actuator
Lower Arm Actuator
ISTSEMP
ISTSEMP
ISTSEMP
ISTSEMP
ISTSEMP
Endo-Steel
Endo-Steel

Left Torso:
Engine
Engine
CLGauss Ammo
CLGauss Ammo
Ferro-Fibrous
Ferro-Fibrous
Ferro-Fibrous
Endo-Steel
Endo-Steel
CLCASEII

Right Torso:
Engine
Engine
CLGaussRifle
CLGaussRifle
CLGaussRifle
CLGaussRifle
CLGaussRifle
CLGaussRifle
CLGauss Ammo
CLCASEII

Center Torso:
Engine
Engine
Engine
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Gyro
Engine
Engine
Engine
CLDouble Heat Sink
CLDouble Heat Sink

Head:
Life Support
Sensors
Cockpit
Endo-Steel
Sensors
Life Support

Left Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
CLDouble Heat Sink
CLDouble Heat Sink

Right Leg:
Hip
Upper Leg Actuator
Lower Leg Actuator
Foot Actuator
CLDouble Heat Sink
CLDouble Heat Sink
There'll be the devil to pay mate. Better make it good, eh?
ghostrider
04/19/14 01:21 AM

talk to retry. He loves mixing techs. For some of us, we prefer one tech or the other on a single unit. If not for using an innsphere mech design using clan tech except for the emp it might be able to pass as a modified single mech.

as for the tech used, I don't have the information about emp's or the improved heavy lasers to say weither the design is good or not.
KamikazeJohnson
04/19/14 03:38 AM

I only rarely use Experimental Tech, and even more rarely Clan Tech, so I can't say much about this design specifically.

I will say, Welcome to Sarna, and Happy Posting!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
04/19/14 05:01 AM

I am surprised kj didn't suggest any programs to use to bring designs here. I don't have any myself. The one retry has leaves out a few things in the read out that a few of us like to see listed. Makes it easier to read.

if you are new, welcome. I make an assumption that most people posting designs have been here a while.
LegatusDavoke
04/19/14 10:31 AM

Yeah, I know Retry, he's the one who spurred me to come on. We use the same editing program, I just copy the hard data from the text file rather than the program's simplified record sheet. As for mixtech, I've been of a fan of it for a long time simply because i enjoy the variety. I might do my next post as a Solaris SkunkWerks file, just to see how the two compare.
As for the Improved Heavy lasers, they have equivalent stats, but w/o the accuracy decrease, at roughly 3(?) times the cost. The TSEMP's are a hilarious weapon which basically just lets you screw with anyone for about 3 turns till it has to recharge, a successful hit disables a mech temporarily, and even an unsuccessful hit has a good chance of disabling electronics like BAP and ECM.
ghostrider
04/19/14 08:24 PM

I don't know about the others so much, but production of mixed tech is something I am opposed to, not just having it.

so the improved heavy laser is an upgrade that allows heavy lasers to fire at normal laser ranges without the interence penalty and 3 times the cost?

With your last statement, we now know why Retry has the multiple ecm systems on his unit. I am betting that you disable one, and he turns on a second.

And I grant you the clan double heat sinks being able to fit in the less is soooo much better then the innersphere.
By 3125 you would have figured they would have been able to get the innersphere crits down.
KamikazeJohnson
04/19/14 09:15 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I don't know about the others so much, but production of mixed tech is something I am opposed to, not just having it.

so the improved heavy laser is an upgrade that allows heavy lasers to fire at normal laser ranges without the interence penalty and 3 times the cost?

With your last statement, we now know why Retry has the multiple ecm systems on his unit. I am betting that you disable one, and he turns on a second.

And I grant you the clan double heat sinks being able to fit in the less is soooo much better then the innersphere.
By 3125 you would have figured they would have been able to get the innersphere crits down.

For me there are three good applications of mixed tech:

1) A "unique" or "limited edition" IS design with a few Clan toys. A good back story to explain its existence is a huge asset here.

2) A "sandbox" design, which would probably not exist in canon BTech, designed simply to see how powerful a unit can be. The goal? Make a unit that can kick pure-Clan ****.

3) A Clan second-line Upgrade. I remember the original Twycross campaign featured some of these: take original 3025 IS designs and do a field upgrade with Clan weapons.

Fun to play around with, but I prefer "pure" IS tech personally. I might try a limited mixed-tech design later if I can come up with a good story. Something similar in spirit to my Barrow Wight design I posted a while back.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
LegatusDavoke
04/20/14 04:07 PM

Yeah, most of my mechs are of your 1st category, since this manufacturing corporation produces almost exclusively for my two or three non-canon merc units; with IRI and the CDMC being formed originally in the Succession Wars of Minnesota Tribe techs/scientists and warriors respectively. IRI is located in the Deep Periphery, somewhere along a bearing between the Marian Hegemony and Magistracy of Canopus, but out another few lightyears past McEvedy's Folly. They kept SLDF tech factories, and did some advances, which is why when the Clans came, they were producing some Clan-Spec equipment by about 3060, and gradually ramped that production up.
ghostrider
04/20/14 08:55 PM

I am surprised the developers have not used the minnesota tribe/clan wolverine yet.

Now there is a difference between playing with an alternate time line and trying to defend it when posting units on a board that has a few 'purists' on it.

but we move past the discussion of the mech.
Karagin
04/20/14 09:12 PM

They did use them, in a round about way, they used them as the back bone of the Jihad of the Word of Blake, that is if you believe the information found in the Jihad sourcebooks.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin
04/20/14 09:13 PM

Or if you wanted Stackpole's answer they are out fighting the Aliens who are trying to invade the Inner Sphere, then again FASA and company never were ones to truly care what the fans wanted...or was that just Stackpole who claimed if it wasn't for him there would be no Battletech...
Karagin

CrayModerator
04/20/14 09:20 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:

They did use them, in a round about way, they used them as the back bone of the Jihad of the Word of Blake, that is if you believe the information found in the Jihad sourcebooks.

I wouldn't believe the Clan Wolverine appearances there, but that's my personal opinion. Still, the rumors of their appearance were pretty darned useful in the fight against the Word of Blake. "Rarg! Bears smash!"
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
04/20/14 09:56 PM

I gave up on the canon universe's version of the Jihad, which I am sure you know already.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5502

Contact Admins Sarna.net