first member

Pages: 1
ghostrider
04/17/14 07:25 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
who is the first member on the boards?

It says nic is number 2.

and how is karagin number 19 while cray is 338 or so?
KamikazeJohnson
04/17/14 09:55 AM

Depending on the software used, "Member 1" can be a system bot generated when the forum is created, although I'd expect that to be "Member 0". There used to be a Members List link, but it was removed for some reason. Cray might still have access to it, maybe he can fill us in.

Karagin signed up on 4/21/01
Cray signed up on 7/27/01

Cray didn't become a moderator until...ok, so I don't remember, but back when I joined he was just a regular member who posted a lot, and usually knew what he was talking about
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
04/17/14 06:39 PM

Quote:
KamikazeJohnson writes:

Cray didn't become a moderator until...ok, so I don't remember

A few years ago, when the board was pretty quiet except for the Neveron chaos. Nic asked me to tame the chaos. I'm not sure if I did, but it moved away so whatever works.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
04/17/14 06:55 PM

Quote:
Cray writes:

Quote:
KamikazeJohnson writes:

Cray didn't become a moderator until...ok, so I don't remember

A few years ago, when the board was pretty quiet except for the Neveron chaos. Nic asked me to tame the chaos. I'm not sure if I did, but it moved away so whatever works.

I remember the Nev forums. I remember our membership jumping from about 1500 to something like 8000 in a couple months.

And page after page of people complaining about Neveron, the designers/programmers, and who knows what all else.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
04/18/14 01:14 AM

Hey now. I resemble that remark. I am one of those whiney sniveling people that was at the heart of alot of controversy.

And incase you wanted to know, it got worse.

The question of the jump in membership is how many of them are alternate accounts from the same people.

And I hate to inflate cray's ego, but he did some taming. More then a few got banned elsewhere like they did here.

Didn't get to start on the rest of the boards until you shut down my outlet for rants.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
04/21/14 12:30 AM

User number one is actually reserved as a kind of an "anonymous" account, where posts of deleted members get attributed to.

Neveron brought a lot of people to the Sarna forums. Most of the people were good folks, but there was certainly a lot of in-fighting and other BS. I have to thank Cray for helping me moderate most of it, even when the real Neveron admins weren't putting a lot of time into keeping tabs on it. Eventually it just got to be more of a pain than a help for the struggling game, so I decided it was best to lock those forums down as a read-only copy and let the new Neveron admin direct discussions somewhere else.

Glad you've stuck around ghostrider!
-- NicJ
ghostrider
04/21/14 01:32 AM

I haven't heard much from matt in a long while, and sm hasn't done much for the game even though he owns it now.
Honestly, I am surprised you put up with it for as long as you did. I came late.
And we still don't have any real form of chat board. The hoc one is about it, and I have had issues were I can not post, but yet have not been charged with being banned.

And you don't have to try to bs me. You are still nervous about me being here. Never know when I will finally start a major trolling session.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4816

Contact Admins Sarna.net