I am back from Operation Bright Star

Pages: 1
Karagin
10/19/01 09:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am back from three weeks in Egypt and let say that I am very glad to be back. The time spent in Egypt was interesting and fun, but being gone makes one really miss the USA.

I got to do a lot of what my military occupation skill (MOS) is all about and that alone was worth it. The bad part was we didn't get to see the city of Cairo or the pyramidis. The reasons told to us were that it would not be safe enough for us to go.

The had us in a military complex (MMC) that was set out in B.F.E. and I can now say I have been to B.F.E. and have the t-shirt.

For those who have not had a 14 hour flight before, I can tell you that it is not fun. Long and boring. Plus the inflight movies sucked...who really wants to watch SPY KIDS when the plane is full of soldiers?

I will be scanning in my pictures and such once I get them back and I will be happy to send them to those who are interested.

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
10/19/01 09:38 AM

>For those who have not had a 14 hour flight before, I can tell you that it is not fun. Long and boring.

I did a 13-hour flight from Paris to St. Louis once - it does suck.

>Plus the inflight movies sucked...who really wants to watch SPY KIDS when the plane is full of soldiers?

Heh. Welcome back.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Black_Phoenix
10/19/01 07:10 PM

>>The bad part was we didn't get to see the city of Cairo or the pyramidis.>>

Major bummer.

>>The had us in a military complex (MMC) that was set out in B.F.E. and I can now say I have been to B.F.E. and have the t-shirt. >>

"I went to Bum F*** Egypt and all I got was this lousy sand in my trousers."

>>Plus the inflight movies sucked...who really wants to watch SPY KIDS when the plane is full of soldiers? >>

Would you prefere they showed pictures of Osama Bin Laden? That would have passed well.

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2619

Contact Admins Sarna.net