Artillery Daishi (YY)

Pages: 1
LegatusDavoke
04/23/14 11:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
First off...this isn't an Omni Daishi, more of a heavily modified Omni chassis that's now considered standard. It fills one role, and one role only: Organic artillery support to mech units.
---
The Daishi YY was the brainchild of an unknown scientist, presumably from Clan Wolf-in-Exile. His idea was to create a rugged mechtillery platform(i'm copywriting that, btw), from a provenly tough chassis known for its weapon capacity...thus the YY was born. Featuring a full sized Sniper Artillery Piece and an unprecedented 5 tons of ammo, the design has lasting capability beyond that of most conventional tank artillery pieces, in addition to higher adaptability; this feature is incredibly useful in long campaigns. In close combat, twin Large Pulse Lasers will discourage attack by all but the most determined light and medium pilots, and when supported by its own allies is a challenging foe for other assault mechs. An ECM suite provides limited protection and some amount of "stealthy" capability to the design. Many of the mech's subsystems are armored; providing protection against catastrophic falls, penetrating blows by hostile fire, and other related incidents. The entire engine was sheathed in armor as well, meaning that a determined attacker may miss that lucky engine shot he was relying on to down this beast. A variety of quirks give this mech some extra character, though...some are less than optimal.

Daishi YY

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-F-A
Production Year: 3144
Cost: 31,622,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,194

Chassis: Endo-Steel
Power Plant: 300 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Standard Armor
Armament:
2 Large Pulse Lasers
1 Sniper
1 ECM Suite
Manufacturer: Unknown
Quirks(Positive):
Cowl
Distracting(Seeing a massive artillery gun is typically highly disconcerting...especially if its pointed at you)
Extended Torso Twist(To help overcome limited defensive weapons, the YY was designed for excessive twisting maneuvers)
Stable(Stabilized leg actuators reeeeeally help when firing artillery)

Quirks(Negative):
Cooling System Flaws(Due to the awkward arrangement of being unable to fit extra heatsinks in the torso occupied by the feed mechanism for the Sniper, issues have occurred with crossfeeding coolant into the mech's entire right side)
Difficult Ejection(Due to the use of a cowl and additional armoring, ejections become more threatening due to armor shards remaining in larger quantities than normal)
Difficult to Maintain(Some unconventional arrangements, such as the cooling system mentioned above, and the fact that the mech is practically 1/4 artillery piece causes issues with maintenance)
Non-Standard Parts(The large quantity of specially armored parts, as well as the advanced gyroscope and actuators providing the stability bonus can cause issues on the procurement side once combat ends and maintenance begins)

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 152 points 5.00
Internal Locations: 2 CT, 2 LT, 3 LA
Engine: (A) XL Fusion Engine 300 14.50
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 16(32) 6.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro: (A) Standard 5.00
Cockpit: (A) Standard 6.00
(A) Sensors + (A) Sensors + (A) Life Support + (A) Life Support Arm Actuators: L: (A)SH+(A)UA R: (A)SH+(A)UA
Leg Actuators: L: (A)H+(A)UL+(A)LL+(A)F R: (A)H+(A)UL+(A)LL+(A)F
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 304 19.00
CASE Locations: LT 0.00
CASE II Locations: 1 LT 0.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 48
Center Torso (rear) 13
L/R Torso 21 31
L/R Torso (rear) 11
L/R Arm 17 33
L/R Leg 21 42

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Pulse Laser LA 10 2 6.00
Sniper RT/RA 10 10/10 20.00
Large Pulse Laser LT 10 2 6.00
ECM Suite HD 0 1 1.00
@Sniper (50) LT - 5 5.00
Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 10 Points: 22
3 5 3 3 0 4 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: ARTS, ECM, CASEII, CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
There'll be the devil to pay mate. Better make it good, eh?
Karagin
04/24/14 06:10 AM

Fluff sets it apart from other Daishi variants. It could indeed be something seen in use by Phelan's forces or even one of the smaller Clans.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
LegatusDavoke
04/24/14 05:09 PM

I'll take that as a compliment mate.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/24/14 08:05 PM

By the fluff I was expecting to find component armor.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
LegatusDavoke
04/24/14 08:07 PM

That's probably due to what I define as sub-systems. My apologies for misleading you.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3905

Contact Admins Sarna.net