house rules

Pages: 1
ghostrider
05/02/14 12:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It would be interesting to see some of the house rules people use in combat. The response donkey gave to one of the posts got me wondering what people do change, and why.

I would suggest breaking them down into one or 2 things per post if you want to put them up. Keeps things easier to read.
ghostrider
05/02/14 12:37 PM

one that a group I had played with decided that the hexes on the maps that had the topographical lines for a level would mean the person with the unit would say what level they were on while moving. This would help determine sighting for all units on the field as well as what movement points would be used.

It was generally thought that if you were in that hex, you would have to go to the higher level.
LegatusDavoke
05/02/14 02:53 PM

One i use, especially in the Succession Wars and Dark Age/Jihad eras is bumping the damage the AC/2, AC/5 and all of their variants do by one point. Helps them keep up with the typically better energy weapons.
There'll be the devil to pay mate. Better make it good, eh?
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
05/02/14 03:23 PM

My why is

20% hovercraft rule. It dose not matter what the mass is of the engine but its power out put to let the hovercraft have enough power to hover. So if a X rated ICE engine can power a hovercraft that same X rating of any other power source can deliver the same power.

The extra cooling of heat sinks on naval craft rule. Naval craft are always in contact with water and its easy enough to have a pipe pumping water into the heat sinks. Hovercraft are not always in water to suck in water and all energy weapons must have enough heat sinks at all times to fire all of its energy weapons at once. Even if a hovercraft is dedicated to water use only they are not in actual contact with the water to have a pipe sucking in water to feed the heat sinks.

Any naval craft that is not in full contact with water 100% of the time cant benefit by this rule. Hydrofoils water wings are under water so water can be piped into the heat sinks so qualifies for this rule.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
05/08/14 10:10 PM

My group has different house rules for different things, we allow ammo dumping for all ammo weapons if you want to make that your mechs' entire set of actions for it's move/fire etc...we have also toyed with the idea that a jumping mech is a fair target for all who want to engage it, that never quit worked out as well as is sounded. Then again over the years we have come up with pages and pages of house rules, home tech and other fun stuff, I guess it comes with playing the game for far longer then most other things.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4317

Contact Admins Sarna.net