program problems

Pages: 1
ghostrider
05/31/14 07:56 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Is it just me, or does a program that does not do everything right mean it is not working right?
I would like to know if it is just my definition that is wrong, or what.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
05/31/14 01:06 PM

By that definition, every single piece of software ever written and that will ever be written is "not working right"
-- NicJ
ghostrider
06/01/14 03:54 AM

I keep saying that about windows.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/01/14 11:38 AM

From a software engineer's point of view, there will never be a "perfectly written" program. Every piece of software will have bugs, defects, or design flaws. It's trying to work within those bounds and to minimize the effect on your end-users that makes some programs work better than others.
-- NicJ
ghostrider
06/01/14 02:48 PM

Doesn't help any when people have 3 different os running as well as a few of the own programs that conflict with each other and complain the main software they bought isn't working right, so the next patch fixes their issue but screws up everyone elses stuff.
I just wish they would test some of the stuff before it comes out. Windows 8 had issues from the start and sounds like 8.1 isn't going well either.

They are doing what ibm dos did. The next line does not support much from the previous line so you have to get a whole new round of programs to use with the new batch. People are tired of having to upgrade their old games to keep going. Sometimes it is more serious software as well.

But this was more about using a program that does not provide the same data to a hard copy that is in the main program. Didn't want to continue to threadjack another subject.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4000

Contact Admins Sarna.net