Heavy Metal Pro Questions...

Pages: 1
LegatusDavoke
06/16/14 02:53 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm considering blowing some money on HMPro since I'm getting some actual tabletop equipment soon and need something where I can easily get good printouts and such of what I want for custom mechs, to that end I have some questions...

1.I've heard HMP allows for custom equipment, just how far can you go with that? Engines? Electronics? Armor?

2.How stable is HMP on Windows 7?

3.How comprehensive is HMP? Does it include experimental equipment?

4.Is HMP up-to-date with the 3145 TRO's?

5.Can I build awkward tripod mechs?

6.Can I build LAM's?

7.How in-detail is the mech overall specifications in program? I.e., heat curves, weapon brackets, armor coverage, etc. In graph and exoanded formats?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers
There'll be the devil to pay mate. Better make it good, eh?
CrayModerator
06/16/14 09:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:
LegatusDavoke writes:

I'm considering blowing some money on HMPro since I'm getting some actual tabletop equipment soon and need something where I can easily get good printouts and such of what I want for custom mechs, to that end I have some questions...

1.I've heard HMP allows for custom equipment, just how far can you go with that? Engines? Electronics? Armor?

There's a "custom weapons maker" in one of the menus that allows you to design weapons as you desire. This can also be used to make 0-heat, 0-damage items equivalent to ECM and the like. You can also shift things to "level 3" (an old term for experimental rules) and set custom multipliers for engine weights and cost, as I recall.

Quote:
2.How stable is HMP on Windows 7?

Works fine for me. I seem to recall having to fiddle with some settings to get it to work initially, but Rick Raisley (the programmer) was very responsive.

Quote:
3.How comprehensive is HMP? Does it include experimental equipment?

I'm not sure if it has been updated with all Tactical Operations gear and other new items, but I haven't checked for update files recently. I think most items can be created using the custom weapons maker. I've done that for Heavy and Light PPCs.

Quote:
4.Is HMP up-to-date with the 3145 TRO's?

I don't know.

Quote:
5.Can I build awkward tripod mechs?

Nope. They post-date HMPro's writing.

Quote:
6.Can I build LAM's?

Not with current rules. You can build to out-of-date BattleTech Master Rules-era LAM rules.

Quote:
7.How in-detail is the mech overall specifications in program? I.e., heat curves, weapon brackets, armor coverage, etc. In graph and exoanded formats?

Yes to all that. There's also room to insert fluff like TROs.

Also, www.heavymetalpro.com has a forum where you can ask questions about the programs, as well as the usual info and updates for the software.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4083

Contact Admins Sarna.net