Sarna Poll

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
BobTheZombieModerator
04/16/14 07:17 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Greetings,

I noticed this on the Elder Scrolls wiki and wondered what the people think about having a poll like it here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:Survey_Results

Apparently they had a survey not to long ago and it had some interesting, if not helpful results. Perhaps we could do something like this on Sarna, but it may be completely unnecessary. I don't know how hard it would be to set that up. Tell me what you think. What all would we change on it?
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Nic JansmaAdministrator
04/21/14 12:14 AM

Hosting a survey would be pretty easy. I like the idea -- it's great to get feedback.

A lot of the questions the UESP wiki are pretty relevant for here, we could copy most of them. Are there any other questions that would be useful to ask the community?
-- NicJ
ghostrider
04/21/14 01:26 AM

what is their favorite color?
BobTheZombieModerator
04/21/14 12:37 PM

Quote:
Nic Jansma writes:

Hosting a survey would be pretty easy. I like the idea -- it's great to get feedback.

A lot of the questions the UESP wiki are pretty relevant for here, we could copy most of them. Are there any other questions that would be useful to ask the community?

If needed, I could ask them about how the specifics of the poll (I have an account there).

As for which questions, I think that "7. How often do you use the following sections of the UESP?" would have to be changed somewhat for us because we don't have chat (which I would really, really like), blog (meh), or those other two. I'd assume we could use something more like major categories or something. For "9. What one or more area(s) of the UESP could use the most improvement?" this would also have to be changed to be like 7. Either way It would be pretty close to what we could use.

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

what is their favorite color?

[Facepalm]
BobTheZombieModerator
06/05/14 04:53 PM

Okay, here's what I think it could look like; tell me what you think:

1. How would you rate your overall experience with Sarna?
Great
Good
Average
Poor
Terrible

2. How would you rate Sarna's speed?
Very Fast
Fast
Average
Slow
Very Slow

3. How do you find Sarna's design and usability?
Great
Good
Average
Poor
Terrible

4. How easy is it to find the information you are looking for on Sarna?
Very Easy
Easy
Average
Difficult
Very Difficult

5. How do you feel about the advertising layout and content displayed on Sarna?
Strongly Like
Indifferent
Dislike
Strongly Dislike
Not Applicable (Use Ad Blocker)

6. How have your interactions with Sarna's editors or administrators been?
Great
Good
Average
Poor
Terrible
Not Applicable

7. How often do you use the following sections of Sarna?
<Not sure which sections, but each has the following options for responses>
Never
Almost Never
Sometimes
Often
Very Often

8. How often do you use Sarna compared to other BattleTech related sites?
I use Sarna exclusively or nearly exclusively
I use Sarna very often
I use Sarna occasionally
I use Sarna rarely
I use Sarna almost never

9. What one or more area(s) of Sarna could use the most improvement?
Wiki/Content
Maps
Search
Support
Forum
News
Design/Style
Performance
Mobile Access

10. Rate how much you would like to see the following features on Sarna:
<These would be new additions to Sarna, this one would be optional to have on the form and Nic should probably list these>

11. Feel free to enter any other comments or suggestions you have on Sarna below:

Also, comments for each of the questions should be allowed (like the UESP one), so even more feedback can be recieved.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/06/14 11:50 AM

#7:
Wiki
News
Forums
Downloads
Search
Mobile Access

#10:
Open to ideas, I don't have anything new planned right now -- ideas welcome.
-- NicJ
BobTheZombieModerator
06/08/14 01:53 AM

#7 looks good for what you say Nic, and borrowing from theirs for #10, the following are applicable, but may already be covered by different things:

Mobile Site/App
More/Improved Content
New Site Design
Faster Page Loads
Mods, Downloads, and Reviews
Better Integration of Forum with the Wiki
Integration with Social Media
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/11/14 09:36 PM

More #10 ideas:
Downloads: More files
Downloads: Comments on files
Downloads: Ability to upload
-- NicJ
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/11/14 09:37 PM

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions for the poll, please try to give comments by June 20th. I would like to have this poll go live by July 1st.

I personally think this will be a great thing for the community. Getting everyone's input on their likes, dislikes, and hopes for the future can be very enlightening.

Thanks for any input!
-- NicJ
BobTheZombieModerator
06/19/14 08:57 PM

How long do you think the poll should stay open? A month or two?
Nic JansmaAdministrator
06/20/14 11:09 AM

Yeah I was thinking a month or two, depending on how much feedback is given.
-- NicJ
ghostrider
06/22/14 08:42 PM

Would that be per poll, like each question separate, or is the whole list going to be one poll?
Stupid question, but is it going to be multiple choice, or is there going to be a spot for some typing?
I figured it would be normal pick your choice and add in information as wanted.
BobTheZombieModerator
06/22/14 10:44 PM

I'd like to go with what they did at UESP where it'd be multiple choice and have an option to add a comment to any of the questions; this allows people to further explain their answers. So I think that that's what you meant...
skiltao
07/13/14 03:29 PM

When the survey gets posted, where will it be posted? Front page of the wiki?
BobTheZombieModerator
07/13/14 05:01 PM

Most likely; I just hope it gets posted soon....
Nic JansmaAdministrator
07/23/14 12:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I've created the poll here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sarnanet2014

Any comments before I post it on Friday?
-- NicJ
BobTheZombieModerator
07/23/14 01:25 PM

I think it looks good; the only question I had was whether or not you would require their email. From what I can tell, the UESP people used that to prevent too many double responses, but I guess we don't have to do everything like them...
FrabbyModerator
07/23/14 01:31 PM

7. You've made an explanation textbox for pretty much all rating questions, but none for the overall experience? Really, the "Overall Experience" answer is the single most important one and I'd be very interested to see peoples' feedback here, especially if they rate it Poor or Terrible.

16. I'd like to know what other sites users think are important (or at least, what they're frequently browsing).

18. "Better integration of the forum with the wiki" and "Integration with Social Media"... Sorry, but to me that sounds a bit like bullshit bingo. What exactly is it you're proposing here? Why should Mr. User care?

Also, "Ability to Upload" - ultimately that's for NicJ to decide, but in my opinion it's a debacle waiting to happen. Like, CGL's new PDF publications being bootlegged throught Sarna. Not a scenario I'm looking forward to. I wouldn't even mention this option.

Edited by Frabby (07/23/14 01:32 PM)
BobTheZombieModerator
07/23/14 07:34 PM

Quote:
Frabby writes:

7. You've made an explanation textbox for pretty much all rating questions, but none for the overall experience? Really, the "Overall Experience" answer is the single most important one and I'd be very interested to see peoples' feedback here, especially if they rate it Poor or Terrible.

16. I'd like to know what other sites users think are important (or at least, what they're frequently browsing).

18. "Better integration of the forum with the wiki" and "Integration with Social Media"... Sorry, but to me that sounds a bit like ******** bingo. What exactly is it you're proposing here? Why should Mr. User care?

Also, "Ability to Upload" - ultimately that's for NicJ to decide, but in my opinion it's a debacle waiting to happen. Like, CGL's new PDF publications being bootlegged throught Sarna. Not a scenario I'm looking forward to. I wouldn't even mention this option.

I agree with #7, and also think that #18 is a little vague. For frabby's thing with #16, I think that #13 "What sections of Sarna do you frequent the most" kinda covers that. Perhaps another question asking what part of the wiki they use most would be helpful...
skiltao
07/24/14 02:12 PM

#18: "Rate how much..." the answers are not "ratings," and two of them ("Indifferent," "Don't Care") are equivalent. Also, while I'm pretty sure "mods" is supposed to mean video game mods, that's not completely clear.

#17: this appears to overlap #14. Perhaps #14 should absorb the extra rows and add a "needs the most improvement" column. (I would combine #7 through #12 into the #14 chart as well.)

#16: There doesn't seem to be an option for "equally as much." Also, I suggest adding a related question: compared to Sarna, how often are you...
  • lurking on your primary BattleTech site
  • active on your primary BattleTech site
  • lurking on other BattleTech sites
  • active on other BattleTech sites

#13: This covers the same ground as #3 through #6 on the front page. So, delete those earlier questions, then in #13: separate "wiki" into "browse the wiki" and "edit the wiki;" change "News" to "Blog" (for clarity); and replace the ratings with the frequency answers from #3 (but keep "never" as an option).

#5: I don't know if I've ever edited a sarna wiki page, so neither "yes" nor "no" works for me. Also, it isn't clear whether this is asking specifically about sarna's wiki, or any wiki on any site.

Edited by skiltao (07/24/14 02:24 PM)
skiltao
08/10/14 03:42 PM

How's this: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JKFRQHY
BobTheZombieModerator
08/11/14 02:03 AM

Just glancing over it, it looks much better by condensing so many questions. I'd have to look more closely to see if anything was left out/should be changed. I haven't heard from Nic in a few weeks, so I don't know when he'll get back on and be able to put this thing up...
skiltao
08/15/14 12:57 PM

Y'know, I don't think the gender or age questions tell us anything helpful about Sarna. Might want to drop them. Or replace them with something more relevant to battletech (like, "what's the main way you participate in the battletech franchise? painting, hexless tabletop, hexed tabletop, megamek, MechWarrior/MechCommander, RPG, CCG, reading fiction, etc.)
BobTheZombieModerator
08/15/14 03:59 PM

That actually makes a lot of sense; I'd go with switching them for that question. Also, Nic should be getting back around to this sooner or later.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
08/16/14 12:16 PM

(sorry for my absence, was out of the country for a while)

Thanks everyone for their feedback, I've incorporated a lot of it into the site.

skiltao, I merged in some of the changes you suggested but kept several others as separate questions. While some of them could be merged into larger matrix-style questions, there are some questions kept separate (or repeat as you mention) because I think they're important enough to have the survey taker stop and think about independently of, instead of breezing thru a large matrix.

Thanks everyone, I'll be posting this on the front page, twitter and other means.
-- NicJ
skiltao
08/21/14 12:56 PM

Cool.

As an aside: when I'm visiting the wiki, I never read the "Latest Newsbursts" column on the front page. If I hadn't visited the forum I wouldn't know the poll was up. (I forgot to mention that on my survey feedback.)
BobTheZombieModerator
08/21/14 07:20 PM

If you want, you can help spread the word about it.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
10/25/14 12:30 PM

The poll has closed and I'm reviewing the feedback. I will share the public data within a week or so. I'll summarize the comments as well (which I said would be kept anonymous).
-- NicJ
BobTheZombieModerator
10/25/14 04:41 PM

Looking forward to it!
skiltao
10/25/14 06:31 PM

When I looked into SurveyMonkey, I remember the textboxes had a character limit, but I didn't notice any limits when I was actually taking the survey. Did the textboxes cut any comments short?
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Frabby, BobTheZombie, Cray, Nic Jansma 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14335

Contact Admins Sarna.net