New again player

Pages: 1
Bicyclewrench
07/25/14 03:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi ya'll. First post here. I played a few introductory games of Battletech in my early 20s. I recently bought an introductory set and Total Warfare to see if I could get a little more face time with the kids. We love video games but I was looking for more interaction. So far we have run the first scenario in the starter book and a larger than I realized scenario were I played GM defending an outpost with three mechs against their Lance of heavys and assault mechs between the two of them. Over two nights we had a blast! They decimated me to their glee!

My question is does anyone know of a fairly regular group that plays near the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia? I've researched the local game stores and have come up nil. Oh and what's a Warhammer 40k? (partially j/king but seriously)
CrayModerator
07/25/14 09:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Can't help you with the local gamers, but I can answer one question. Warhammer 40K is a different game, heavily dependent on minis. Unlike BattleTech, Warhammer 40K is rigidly "what you see is what you get" - whatever gear the minis have, that's the gear you play with. In comparison, BattleTech allows you to fill out a piece of paper (record sheet) as you like and represent it with bottle caps, scraps of paper, or minis - your choice, all tournament-legal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by BobTheZombie (07/28/14 03:27 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3407

Contact Admins Sarna.net