Grand Knight

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
10/21/14 01:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Assinine Industries was looking to expand their advertising markets and decided to get into the Solaris games. They spent a great deal of money to out fit three mechs to be eye catching and unique. To that end Assinine Industries bought the plans to design large mech shields which no one else on Solaris has access to do to the five million C-bill price tag. At first there was filed an objection to the gaming commission to the Assinine Industries mechs having the Large Shields but when Assinine Industries made the argument that anyone that wanted the technology was quite free to spend the five million price tag to buy each set of plans for Large Shield technology. It was ruled in Assinine Industries favor to let the mechs fight with the Large Shields.

Technology base: IS L3
Configuration: Bipedal
Tonnage: 95 tons

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure Endo Steel 4.75t
Engine 380 XL 20.5t
Walking mp 4
Running mp 5
Jumping mp 0
Heat Sinks 15(30) 5t
Gyro 4t
Cockpit 3t
Armor Factor: Hardened 292 36.5t

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 30 45
Center Torso (rear) 14
R/L Torso 20 30
R/L Torso (rear) 10
R/L Arm 16 32
R/L Leg 20 40

Weapons and ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Armored Component (Cockpit) H – 0 - 1
Large Shield LA - * - 4.5
ER Small Laser LT – 1 - .5
ER Small Laser CT – 1 - .5
Heavy PPC RT – 4 – 10
PPC Capacitor RT – 1 – 1
Targeting Computer RT – 3 – 3
ER Small Laser RT – 1 - .5

(Large Shield)
endo steel internal structure 40p 2.5t
Ferro-Aluminum Armor 120p 6.75t

The Grand Knight is the assault mech in the tag team event with the Squire.

The first thing that an opponent will see is the Grand Knights massive large shield. The shield can take eight hits from a AC/20 before being completely destroyed.

The only real offensive weapon that the Grand Knight carries is a Heavy PPC and its attached Capacitor and Targeting Computer. With the good range and massive damage that the Heavy PPC with the attached Capacitor can deal out its a weapon that one needs to respect. If a mech tries to get under the Heavy PPCs minimum range the Grand Knight does have three Extended Range Small Lasers to use and can also kick or punch.

A normal tactic for the Grand Knight and Squire is for the Grand Knight to distract both opponents wail the Squire tries to maneuver behind the opponents mechs and take out the lighter rear armor.

The three mechs that Assinine Industries created for the Solaris games the Donkey, Grand Knight, and Squire proved to be quite successful in promoting Assinine Industries business. Sells of Assinine Industries weapon systems had gone up determinately. It also does not hurt as a side investment that the three mechs are also bringing in good revenue for Assinine Industries them self's. The only thing that Adam Eselon the CEO of Assinine Industries is upset about is that he did not think of doing this sooner
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Fenris_LC
10/22/14 08:20 AM

Same problem here, I think. Large Shield + Hardened would result in 3/4, not 4/5, making the unit much less feasable.
10/22/14 02:37 PM

A large shield has no affect on movement as long as you keep it under a limited weight for the mechs weight. If you read the rules again you will see that
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
10/22/14 06:06 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

A large shield has no affect on movement as long as you keep it under a limited weight for the mechs weight. If you read the rules again you will see that

A large shield automatically lowers walking movement by 1 (recalculate running) and prohibits jumping. See TacOps p. 291. Medium shields lower walking by 1 but allow jumping, and small shields have no effect.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
ghostrider
10/23/14 06:24 AM

makes sense since it alters the airflow over the mech when jumping.

But this could lead to an argument about axes and such doing the same.
Fenris_LC
10/23/14 07:28 AM

Not really. Hold your umbrella in front of you in a windy environment and you'll have an epiphany
ghostrider
10/23/14 02:09 PM

Walkinig with your feet on the ground with an umbrella open allows you the chance to use your footing and weight to control it.
Now for an example of a jumping mech, try doing the umbrella things while on a zip line, or even jumping on a trampoline.
Yes, the jets help with control some what, but you have an object that unless the lengthy process of making it an integral part of the mech, like a weapon such as the large laser for the phoenix hawk, it will debalance the unit in flight.

At the very least, it should inflict a piloting penalty. The bigger the shield the more unstable the jump.
Think of why jets normally isn't in the arms. One odd movement and you end up losing control.
Yes arms are used to help stabilize the mech, but if you had a jet in one, I would think something like a flinch would send you to a whole other landing location.

I could see an argument about using a shield like a partial wing.
10/23/14 06:49 PM

I doubt the shield would be any more an hindrance than the mechs totally lacking of being aerodynamic its self

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
BobTheZombieModerator
10/23/14 07:48 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

I doubt the shield would be any more an hindrance than the mechs totally lacking of being aerodynamic its self

Ditto
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4623

Contact Admins Sarna.net