Upcoming match

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
10/24/14 01:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I all goes well, I'll be having a Lance-on-Lance fight this weekend. We're each taking one 'Mech from each weight class (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault), balanced by BV2. Stock 3025 models.

His Lance:
Wasp
Shadow Hawk
Rifleman
Atlas

Mine:
Spider
Phoenix Hawk
Thunderbolt
Charger

As my lance came in about 400 BV lower than his, my Charger pilot will have 4/3 Piloting/Gunnery skills, as opposed to the 5/4 for all the other pilots. I'm considering substituting a 5/3 BlackJack for the Phoenix Hawk.

Any predictions on the outcome? We'll be using the "Starter" map, possibly a 2-map match, haven't decided yet.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
10/24/14 02:17 AM

who picked the lances?
The only good thing a charger was in 3025 was a weighty physical machine. Even the armor stunk on it. Except for the heavies, you do seem to have the speed advantage.

I am thinking he will have it, if you can use the atlas lrms for a few rounds. Probably target thunderbolt and Charger with them. I would say the phoeix hawk would be more potent then his shadow hawk, but standard skills should give you the advantage with the speed. I think intiative will be the main factor here, since I would assume both have experience and won't do the rookie wave format.
One on one with each weight, I think you have the light and medium for a win, with the assualt going to him. The heavy is questionable. I would give the thunderbolt the edge for staying power. With one or 2 maps, the lrms in an more open field should counter his ac 5's

Yes, the rifleman has 2 large lasers, but the heat dissipation prevents to many double shots.
As for the black jack, isn't that the double ac 2 mech?
KamikazeJohnson
10/24/14 02:31 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

who picked the lances?

We each picked our own. He picked first, but I didn't try specifically to counter his choices. Thunderbolt because I have to have one. Charger just to be weird. Phoenix Hawk and Spider because they both have high BV for their weight classes, and I had a lot of points to make up.

Quote:
One on one with each weight, I think you have the light and medium for a win, with the assualt going to him. The heavy is questionable.

I'm thinking:
Spider > Wasp
P-Hawk > S-Hawk
T-Bolt > Rifleman
Charger > Atlas

Quote:
As for the black jack, isn't that the double ac 2 mech?

That's the one!
--Thomas Jefferson
BobTheZombieModerator
10/24/14 06:06 PM

I really hope the Charger works out for you...
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
ghostrider
10/24/14 06:13 PM

We will see in the after combat report, but I say atlas, but that is IF it can hit 2 times with the ac. Might have to break out with books, but I believe it will internal anywhere it hits on the charger. And the lack of long range weapons means it will be nasty.
And that does not include the rear firing mls on the atlas.

But then that is a one on one matchup outcome. Lance on Lance will definitely tilt it in a different manor.

And no, this is not including physical combats. I would think charger tactics are get behind the atlas.
KamikazeJohnson
10/24/14 10:50 PM

I might have to do it this way...

Charger > Wasp
Phoenix Hawk > Shadow Hawk
Spider > Rifleman
Thunderbolt > Atlas.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
10/25/14 03:24 AM

Sad thing is the spider might just take out the rifleman. I would think you would concentrate fire on the mech that sticks its head out to far.

No offense, but I do hope a lucky crit doesn't finish the game quickly. I know it bites to lose a mech without doing much with it.
KamikazeJohnson
10/25/14 07:56 PM

Yeah, it sucks when a match like this gets set up and one of the key players goes down practically the first time the paint gets scratched.

A lance battle is a lot different than a series of duels...quite often it's all about breaking the battle into a seriescof matches that are in your favour.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
10/28/14 12:24 AM

I am guessing time constraints is keeping the review of your match from being posted.

Only other thing I could see is something came up and you couldn't do it.

I am hoping you just don't have the time to tell us.
KamikazeJohnson
10/28/14 02:15 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I am guessing time constraints is keeping the review of your match from being posted.

Only other thing I could see is something came up and you couldn't do it.

I am hoping you just don't have the time to tell us.

I ended up having to work on the scheduled day, so it had to be postponed. I'll fill you in on the details when it does happen.

Starting to wish I knew more about my opponent's tactical skill...I'm thinking up a few ways he can make the fight extremely hard for me.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5168

Contact Admins Sarna.net