PROJECT TRO: JMInc. 3025

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
11/06/14 08:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok, so I can't handle these forums being this slow. Solution? Time for another JMInc. Design Series.

The goal of this series is to create a complete series of 3025-era designs, featuring 3 of each tonnage from 20-100, for a total of 51 designs. I will attempt to employ 3 different design philosophies within each weight class, striving more for theme than for pure excellence, although I hope you'll find these worth using.

In order to keep things somewhat "collected" without creating long, unmanageable threads, I think I'll do 2 tonnages per thread, so each thread will have a total of 6 designs. I'll do my best to out out one design/day in order to keep things flowing, although I expect there will be more than a few delays. Fluff will be minimal, mostly just design nites, but feel free to make suggestions about which of the Inner Sphere powers might be most likely to use it, etc. Oh yeah...I'm not going to bother naming every one if them; they'll just have rather generic designations, "prototype numbers", if you will.

Let's get some discussion rolling again!!!

Expect the first one later tonight.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
11/07/14 12:42 AM

well except for weapons package, the wasp and stinger are close to being the same mech. So that would cut out a basic duplicate set.
But the question comes to mind.
Will it be tro only mechs, or are you going to add in other source mechs as well?
Also, will it be including earlier mechs that don't have advanced tech, like some of the 2750 units?
And will it include variants of the mech?

now if you really want to start conversation, add a pic as well
KamikazeJohnson
11/07/14 01:14 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

well except for weapons package, the wasp and stinger are close to being the same mech. So that would cut out a basic duplicate set.
But the question comes to mind.
Will it be tro only mechs, or are you going to add in other source mechs as well?
Also, will it be including earlier mechs that don't have advanced tech, like some of the 2750 units?
And will it include variants of the mech?

now if you really want to start conversation, add a pic as well

This isn't a "redesign" project. I'm designing 51 'Mechs from scratch, creating the equivalent of a complete new TRO. All designs will be 100% my creation, although there is likely to be similarities to many canon designs out of sheer necessity. Maybe I'll intentionally design a few that suck
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
11/07/14 04:02 AM

it is difficult to come up with something that does not have similarities to other designs. There is only so many weapons that will fit on a mech chasis, especially light ones.
It would be interesting to see another economech like the urban mech. But don't take that as a must do.

Now I would suggest the combine arms ideas, like having several mechs from the same or different classes that support others, such as lance/company structure. But only a suggestion. That could be another set of mechs from JMinc.

Then again a whole series of mechs that have nothing to do with each other except they were made might get the brain moving again.
BobTheZombieModerator
11/08/14 01:06 AM

I'm looking forward to what you come up with...
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
KamikazeJohnson
11/08/14 01:29 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

it is difficult to come up with something that does not have similarities to other designs. There is only so many weapons that will fit on a mech chasis, especially light ones.

You'll see similarities right from the first design lol.

Quote:
It would be interesting to see another economech like the urban mech. But don't take that as a must do.

You'll probably see several "economy" models scattered throughout the project...starting with one at 20 tons.

Quote:
Then again a whole series of mechs that have nothing to do with each other except they were made might get the brain moving again.

That's more what I have in mind. Although effective Lance combinations could be an entertaining point of discussion.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3932

Contact Admins Sarna.net