Large Personal Transport Shuttle

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
11/21/14 01:24 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is a design of shuttle I decided not to go with with my Assinine Industries naval fleet. Its not that there is anything wrong with the design I think it a really good design the problem is the very limited space I have for shuttles.

My fleet is for the most part finished being designed. Its the fluff that is giving me the majority of my problems. It might be still some time in coming. I come up with my ideas of fluff wail I am driving down the interstate. But when I am done driving for the day I have forgotten what I thought up or I have a bad case of writers block.

Class/Model/Name: small craft, Large Personal Transport Shuttle
Mass: 200 tons
Spheroid

Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 19.50
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Structural Integrity: 5 2.00
Total Heat Sinks: 6 standard 0.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 12 days (1820 points) 23.20
Bridge, Controls, Radar, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 1.50
Fire Control Computers: .00
Armor Type: (32 total armor pts) 2.00
Food and water Food enough for 30 days .30
spare parts 1.50
Standard Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 8
Left/Right Wings: 8/8
Aft: 8

Crew and Passengers:
2 Crew (2 minimum) 10.00
25 Steerage Class Passengers 5 tons each 125.00
15 tons cargo 15.00

Before the Star League fell it was common for people to travel between planets is a solar system. Drop ships where to busy with cargo to be worrying about transporting small amounts of people. So it was common for people to travel in small craft. A smart captain could make a very good living transporting people and light amount of cargo between planets.

This is a common ship design that was used. It has a decent amount of speed with out the engine taking to much of the ships mass.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
11/21/14 06:57 AM

Space taxis should be common in the star league era. Simply put, there were so many space facilities, that it would be hard to NOT have the private sector shipping people from the housing habitats to the factory or commercial once.

Honestly, if it is not military, bumping the engines down a little and giving yourself more room would work for a civilian craft. Well if it doesn't affect lifting off from a planet. Been a long while since I looked up the minimum speed to make orbit from a normal gravity world like terra. If it is strictly space born, then no worries.

As a side note, it may be advantageous to get a voice recorder or find something like the speech programs for a lap top, but be careful when driving. Maybe a little input at stop lights in the city. Just don't get into an accident.
11/21/14 08:26 AM

I am not sure there is any rule for a minimum thrust to escape a gravity well. That is not exactly something that would affect combat and most rules in BT are for combat. The Behemoth drop ship cant land on a planet because the fluff says so not that there is any rule that prevents it. And it has a thrust of 2-3
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
11/21/14 01:22 PM

Haven't seen a rule yet, but there was one ship, not sure if it was a fighter, or dropship that had fluff about being able to carry a full bomb load and having an issue making orbit.
Wasn't sure if they had come up with anything in the new books.

Though most people don't think about the transportation side of the game. Combat dropships yes, but even normal transports for everyday use gets forgotten.

The only thing that you might want to add into the fluff is if you can transport ground vehicles in the craft. Maybe a simple note like the rotunda would fit in it or not. Maybe some jeeps or a light tank. That tends to be something people want to know.
Especially spy equipment. And thinking on that, battle armor.
CrayModerator
11/21/14 06:36 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:
Honestly, if it is not military, bumping the engines down a little and giving yourself more room would work for a civilian craft. Well if it doesn't affect lifting off from a planet. Been a long while since I looked up the minimum speed to make orbit from a normal gravity world like terra. If it is strictly space born, then no worries.

You need 3 safe thrust to leave a planet with normal gravity, IIRC.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
11/22/14 08:47 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

The only thing that you might want to add into the fluff is if you can transport ground vehicles in the craft. Maybe a simple note like the rotunda would fit in it or not. Maybe some jeeps or a light tank. That tends to be something people want to know.
Especially spy equipment. And thinking on that, battle armor.

This is a civilian shuttle so I would say no on any kind of vehicles other than maybe something small like motorcycles. If you wanted to transport vehicles as just cargo hire a Mule drop ship.

When I added the cargo space I was thinking of transporting the passengers personnel baggage and not military gear. Spy gear that could be transported by being carried by people should not be any problem.

I would say a suit of battle armor that was broken down and created would be OK.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4554

Contact Admins Sarna.net