Ambassador Class Corvette (ships name "Jenny")

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
11/25/14 07:12 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well I am not really sure that this is really ready to post but her it goes anyways. I will wait a few days between posting each item so each can be taken in with out being over whelmed.

Do to the writing program I use this is going to look a lot more messy here than on my computer. If some one wants to repost it where it looks more clean you may do so it you want to.

Assinine Industrys was looking to further expand their sales into the Draconis Combine when the Clans attacked. The trader that they where talking to to transport the weapon systems his drop ship ended up behind enemy lines with no jump ship to carry it out of system. By default he was drafted into the Clans merchant class and was forced to use his drop ship to carry Clan cargo with little in the way of escape Clan space.

He was not trusted to be given transport on a jump ship but was trusted with any cargo put into his Danais Cargo Ship do to him not allowed to leave the star system. After a couple of years of service with the Clans merchant class he was able to get a message to Assinine Industrys. A deal was made that he would pack what he could of Clan weapons into his drop ship haul and head to a pirate jump point. It was easy enough to load the weapons but getting to the jump point will prove difficult. He ended up launching in the early hours to avoid to may questions. Once he was behind one of the moons he hit his afterburners to build what speed he could before he could be tracked. After that he just coasted for a day. After that he went to a one tenth gravity burn when it was less likely that he could be tracked and slowly increased his thrust. He was getting very close to the jump point when the jump ship entered the system and he had to go to the ships full 3G thrust to slow down to join up with the jump ship. It cost Assinine Industrys over thirty million in C-Bills to buy the Clan weapons off him but they knew exactly what they would use their bonanza of Clan tech weapons for a unit to discourage pirate raids into civilized worlds.

Assinine Industrys had no problem deciding what to do with the windfall of Clan weapons. First thing that they did was to get a zero interest loan of a billion C-Bill from the Federated Suns for an anti pirate assault unit. The Federated Suns was more than happy to hire a mercenary unit for anti pirate work to free up house units for more important missions. They signed the load agreement with out asking to much details of what the unit was to be consisting of only that all the money was to be spent with companies within the Federated Suns. Adam Eselon's wife Marrie Eselon did all of the political work through her father to first the get loan then all of the work to get everything built or modified for the unit.

The two Mule dropships where just being started when they where transferred to the new mercenary unit to be altered to their specifications. The biggest problem of the entire project was toget the warship. Adam Eselon for years has been trying to get his hands onto a warship but he just could not get the Federated Suns to let him buy one. It was seen as not to the best interest of the Federated Suns to let what they just saw as just another Periphery colony have a warship. When Adam learned of a contract for a mercenary command to help keep periphery colonys in check he thought he could sneak it through and it sorta worked. The condition that let it work was that an AFFS ship Captain would be the captain of the ship to prevent the ship to be used against the Federated Suns or its interests by an out side force. It took from the first staging of the project to the ship was just about to going onto its final shake down trials for Adam Eselon to find the right AFFS captain that he wanted to command the ship. He needed a captain that the AFFS could not object to but would not be a Federated Suns puppet or some AFFS' Admiral's stooge. Captain Berg was just the right woman for the job. She had no connections in the Admiralty she had worked her self up in the ranks by shear hard work and determination. That is also why after being in the AFFS for decades she was just a captain of a military supply dropship. The reason that the AFFS agreed to her was that they could not come up with an acceptable reason not to let her command the ship, her not being an AFFS stooge could not be used as an excuse to deny her the command.

Class/Model/Name: Ambassador Class Corvette (Jenny)
Mass: 100,000 tons
Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 12,000.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 2
Maximum Thrust: 3
Kearny-Fuchida Hyperdrive: Compact (Integrity = 6) 45,250.00
Lithium Fusion Battery 1,000.00
Jump Sail: (Integrity = 3) 35.00
Back up Jump sail 35.00
Structural Integrity: 25 2,500.00
Total Heat Sinks: 1300 double 1,035.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: (380 days of fuel) 7,650.00
Bridge, Controls, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 250.00
Fire Control Computers: 50.00
Food & Water:(150 days/persons per ton) 1,225.00
Base crew = (581 days) fully loaded = (270 days)
Armor Type: Improved Ferro-Aluminum (500 total armor pts) 500.00
Capital Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 90
Fore-Left/Right: 85/85
Aft-Left/Right: 75/75
Aft: 75
Cargo:
Bay 1: Cargo with 1 door 4,000.00
Bay 2: Cargo with 1 door 4,000.00
Bay 3: Small Craft (4) with 1 door 800.00
Bay 4: Fighters (28) With 7 Doors 4,200.00
Grav Decks #1: #2: (250-meter diameter) 200.00
Grav Decks #3: #4: (250-meter diameter) 200.00
Life Boats: 14 (7 tons each) 98.00
Docking Hard Point (2) 2,000.00
Crew/Passengers and other stuff:
1 Captain (20 tons) 20.00
1 Captain's Office (10 tons) 10.00
1 First Officer (17 tons) 17.00
1 Large Meeting Room (100 tons) 100.00
5 Small meeting rooms (10 tons each) 50.00
21 Officers (19 minimum)(15 tons each) 325.00
65 Crew (65 minimum)(10 tons each) 650.00
36 Gunners (36 minimum)(10 tons each) 360.00
12 Heavy Armored Infantry (11 tons each) 132.00
12 Light Armored Infantry (11 Tons each) 132.00
84 Infantry (Space Marines) (10 tons each) 840.00
2 Ambassador quarters (35 tons each) 70.00
15 First Class Passengers (15 tons each) 225.00
150 Second Class Passengers (10 tons each) 1,500.00
200 Steerage Class Passengers (5 tons each) 1,000.00
28 fighter pilots (See below) 140.00
28 fighter Bay Personnel (see below) 84.00
4 small craft pilot (officer 15 tons each) 60.00
4 small craft Bay Personnel (10 tons each) 40.00
1 5 star Galley 20.00
2 Chef & Assistant Chef (Officers, 15 tons each) 30.00
10 Cooking staff (10 tons each) 100.00
1 Medical bay 20.00
1 Medical supplies 5.00
1 Doctor (Officer, 15 tons) 15.00
5 Medical staff/nurses (10 tons each) 50.00

Each fighter cubicle comes with ten tons for the pilot's cabin space and seven tons for the bay personnel's cabin space. To that five tons are added to the pilots cabin and three tons to the bay personnel cabin.

Weapon total (6977.00)
Weapons and Equipment Loc SRV MRV LRV ERV Heat Mass
1 Medium NPPC Front 9 9 9 9 135 1,800.00

10 ER Large Lasers Front 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
9 Large Pulse Lasers Front 8 8 - - 90 63.00
1 Targeting Computer front - - - - - 29.00
5 AMS Front - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo(240) Front - - - - - 10.00

20 ER Large Lasers FL/FR 16 16 16 - 240 100.00
20 Large Pulse Lasers FL/FR 18 18 - - 200 140.00
1 Targeting Computer FL/FR - - - - - 60.00
5 AMS FL/FR - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) FL/FR - - - - - 10.00

10 ER Large Lasers L/RBS 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
10 Large Pulse Lasers L/RBS 9 9 - - 100 70.00
1 Targeting Computer L/RBC - - - - - 30.00
5 AMS L/RBS - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) L/RBS - - - - - 10.00

1 Medium NPPC BL/BR 9 9 9 9 135 1,800.00

10 ER Large Lasers BL/BR 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
9 Large Pulse Lasers BL/BR 8 8 - - 90 63.00
1 Targeting Computer BL/BR - - - - - 29.00
5 AMS BL/BR - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) BL/BR - - - - - 10.00

10 ER Large Lasers AFT 10 10 10 - 120 50.00
10 Large Pulse Lasers AFT 9 9 - - 100 70.00
1 Targeting Computer AFT - - - - - 30.00
5 AMS AFT - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) AFT - - - - - 10.00

This type of ship class was never meant to go up against other warships it was designed to transport high level ambassadors and dignitaries around the Star League in safty. It is able to defend its self from a small number of dropships and waves of fighters. A great deal of space was devoted to the comfort of the crew and the ambassador or dignitaries and their personal staff. Every one of thesis ships with out exception was destroyed in the starting phases of the first Succession War do to being pressed into fighting true warships. The design was brought back by Adam Eselon of Assinine Industries.

The Jenny has a great deal of tactical options being an extremely tiny war ship when it is given a mission into a periphery world.

It can jump into a system and burn planet side making its self look like its little of any threat and broadcast friendly messages of delivering a dignitary for some kind of meeting. And the only thing the target world sees is a large incoming drop ship. As long as the war ship keeps its distance from the planet all that the target world will ever know is that there is just a large drop ship in system with with some kind of jumpship at the jump point.

The war ship can come in system broadcasting messages so as to invoke an attack from defenders that just think that a juicy fool in a large jumpship just jumped in system. When its attacked the warship can pummel the defenders with its over whelming fire power.

The ship was designed to have maximized fire power towards the front and lighter fire power as one goes behind. Its expected to be the first thing targeted as it closes with a target. Normally Captain Berg holds off firing the main nose Medium NPPC at the enemies drop ships until the Extended Range Large Lasers can target the enemy. That way if they try to turn and run when they realize they are sorely out gunned they will be within range of the NPPC for some time. If they keep the attack up all Captain Burg has to do is slightly change the ships heading to bring the front side turrets to bare and that can burn off just over thirty six tons of armor with each barrage. The ship carries two light wings of fighters with a command lance each. for defense but Captain Burg likes to keep them as a reserve force and not as the spear head of an attack. Her thinking is its better to let some extra armor burn off of the war ships hall than to lose top of the line fighter pilots. If she finds her self looking at another war ship she will abandon the mission and run. If things come down to it she is under orders to abandon the accompanying dropships and all fighters to save the warship as it is the only thing that can't be replaced. For that reason the jump officer is always to have a couple of choice pirate jump points in the computer just in case an emergency escape is necessary.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
11/25/14 06:05 PM

Wow, I'm impressed with the armor. I didn't think you could get it that thick on a 100,000-ton ship.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
11/25/14 06:25 PM

Not putting a billion naval guns and moving at light speed opens up a lot of weight for other things.

Its designed to protect a VIP from drop ships and fighters and not to win a battle with another warship.

I have to admit of all the reactions I was thinking I would get or not get, a comment of its armor protection was not even on the radar.

When I was designing it I was really surprised how much you have to devote to the Structural Integrity for so little armor protection. You git one point of armor protection for every five tons of Structural Integrity.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!

Edited by His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey (11/25/14 06:31 PM)
CrayModerator
11/26/14 03:03 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

I have to admit of all the reactions I was thinking I would get or not get, a comment of its armor protection was not even on the radar.

Low-tonnage WarShips are fun, but their limiting factor is usually armor.

Quote:
When I was designing it I was really surprised how much you have to devote to the Structural Integrity for so little armor protection. You git one point of armor protection for every five tons of Structural Integrity.

Yep.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
12/03/14 06:34 AM

If someone would not mind doing it it would be nice to know what my warship and two Q-ship drop ships cost. I don't have the updated rules on cost of drop ships or on warships.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
12/04/14 05:44 PM

Quote:

If someone would not mind doing it it would be nice to know what my warship and two Q-ship drop ships cost. I don't have the updated rules on cost of drop ships or on warships.

Do you have some calculator that would figure out the pre-Strategic Operations cost?

If so, all you have to do is add the following (these numbers include final cost multipliers, so just add them directly to the old cost):

JumpShips: 1,250 x Unit Tonnage
WarShips: 40,000,000 x (50 + Unit Tonnage ÷ 10,000)

12/10/14 04:44 PM

Quote:
Cray writes:

Quote:

Do you have some calculator that would figure out the pre-Strategic Operations cost?

No. I have the construction rules but it does not include pricing.

Quote:
If so, all you have to do is add the following (these numbers include final cost multipliers, so just add them directly to the old cost):

JumpShips: 1,250 x Unit Tonnage
WarShips: 40,000,000 x (50 + Unit Tonnage ÷ 10,000)

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
12/10/14 06:23 PM

Oh. Well, HMAero's not working on my Windows 8 machine yet, so I can't crunch the cost. Maybe some other kind soul will.

ghostrider
04/10/15 11:46 PM

Not having some of the newer books, the question came to mind.

Is the ambassadore class ship an actual line, and the Jenny a modification?
Or is it just for the company?
04/13/15 12:07 AM

"Ambassador Class Corvette" is the name of this class of warship.

"Jenny" is the name given to this specific individual warship.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
02/29/16 04:13 AM

I did a little modification. I greatly decreased the first class and second class passenger quarters so I can greatly increase the steerage class quarters. The Jenny now can carry two short battalions of infantry. This is not done lightly do the great drain on ship resources. Fully loaded the ship can only go thirty two weeks with out resupply.

Assinine Industrys was looking to further expand their sales into the Draconis Combine when the Clans attacked. The trader that they where talking to to transport the weapon systems his drop ship ended up behind enemy lines with no jump ship to carry it out of system. By default he was drafted into the Clans merchant class and was forced to use his drop ship to carry Clan cargo with little in the way of escape Clan space.

He was not trusted to be given transport on a jump ship but was trusted with any cargo put into his Danais Cargo Ship do to him not allowed to leave the star system. After a couple of years of service with the Clans merchant class he was able to get a message to Assinine Industrys. A deal was made that he would pack what he could of Clan weapons into his drop ship haul and head to a pirate jump point. It was easy enough to load the weapons but getting to the jump point will prove difficult. He ended up launching in the early hours to avoid to may questions. Once he was behind one of the moons he hit his afterburners to build what speed he could before he could be tracked. After that he just coasted for a day. After that he went to a one tenth gravity burn when it was less likely that he could be tracked and slowly increased his thrust. He was getting very close to the jump point when the jump ship entered the system and he had to go to the ships full 3G thrust to slow down to join up with the jump ship. It cost Assinine Industrys over thirty million in C-Bills to buy the Clan weapons off him but they knew exactly what they would use their bonanza of Clan tech weapons for a unit to discourage pirate raids into civilized worlds.

Assinine Industrys had no problem deciding what to do with the windfall of Clan weapons. First thing that they did was to get a zero interest loan of a billion C-Bill from the Federated Suns for an anti pirate assault unit. The Federated Suns was more than happy to hire a mercenary unit for anti pirate work to free up house units for more important missions. They signed the load agreement with out asking to much details of what the unit was to be consisting of only that all the money was to be spent with companies within the Federated Suns. Adam Eselon's wife Marrie Eselon did all of the political work through her father to first the get loan then all of the work to get everything built or modified for the unit.

The two Mule dropships where just being started when they where transferred to the new mercenary unit to be altered to their specifications. The biggest problem of the entire project was toget the warship. Adam Eselon for years has been trying to get his hands onto a warship but he just could not get the Federated Suns to let him buy one. It was seen as not to the best interest of the Federated Suns to let what they just saw as just another Periphery colony have a warship. When Adam learned of a contract for a mercenary command to help keep periphery colonys in check he thought he could sneak it through and it sorta worked. The condition that let it work was that an AFFS ship Captain would be the captain of the ship to prevent the ship to be used against the Federated Suns or its interests by an out side force. It took from the first staging of the project to the ship was just about to going onto its final shake down trials for Adam Eselon to find the right AFFS captain that he wanted to command the ship. He needed a captain that the AFFS could not object to but would not be a Federated Suns puppet or some AFFS' Admiral's stooge. Captain Berg was just the right woman for the job. She had no connections in the Admiralty she had worked her self up in the ranks by shear hard work and determination. That is also why after being in the AFFS for decades she was just a captain of a military supply dropship. The reason that the AFFS agreed to her was that they could not come up with an acceptable reason not to let her command the ship, her not being an AFFS stooge could not be used as an excuse to deny her the command.

Class/Model/Name: Ambassador Class Corvette (Jenny)
Mass: 100,000 tons
Equipment: Mass
Power Plant, Drive & Control: 12,000.00
Thrust: Safe Thrust: 2
Maximum Thrust: 3
Kearny-Fuchida Hyperdrive: Compact (Integrity = 6) 45,250.00
Lithium Fusion Battery 1,000.00
Jump Sail: (Integrity = 3) 35.00
Back up Jump sail 35.00
Structural Integrity: 25 2,500.00
Total Heat Sinks: 1300 double 1,035.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: (380 days of fuel) 7,650.00
Bridge, Controls, Computer & Attitude Thrusters: 250.00
Fire Control Computers: 50.00
Food & Water: (150 days/persons per ton) 1,225.00
Base crew = (581 days) fully loaded = (225 days)
Armor Type: Improved Ferro-Aluminum (500 total armor pts) 500.00
Capital Scale Armor Pts
Fore: 90
Fore-Left/Right: 85/85
Aft-Left/Right: 75/75
Aft: 75
Cargo:
Bay 1: Cargo with 1 door 4,000.00
Bay 2: Cargo with 1 door 4,000.00
Bay 3: Small Craft (4) with 1 door 800.00
Bay 4: Fighters (28) With 7 Doors 4,200.00
Grav Decks #1: #2: (250-meter diameter) 200.00
Grav Decks #3: #4: (250-meter diameter) 200.00
Life Boats: 14 (7 tons each) 98.00
Docking Hard Point (2) 2,000.00
Crew/Passengers and other stuff:
1 Captain (20 tons) 20.00
1 Captain's Office (10 tons) 10.00
1 First Officer (17 tons) 17.00
1 Large Meeting Room (100 tons) 100.00
5 Small meeting rooms (10 tons each) 50.00
21 Officers (19 minimum)(15 tons each) 325.00
65 Crew (65 minimum)(10 tons each) 650.00
36 Gunners (36 minimum)(10 tons each) 360.00
12 Heavy Armored Infantry (11 tons each) 132.00
12 Light Armored Infantry (11 Tons each) 132.00
84 Infantry (Space Marines) (10 tons each) 840.00
2 Ambassador quarters (35 tons each) 70.00
5 First Class Passengers (15 tons each) 75.00
15 Second Class Passengers (10 tons each) 150.00
500 Steerage Class Passengers (5 tons each) 2,500.00
28 fighter pilots (See below) 140.00
28 fighter Bay Personnel (see below) 84.00
4 small craft pilot (officer 15 tons each) 60.00
4 small craft Bay Personnel (10 tons each) 40.00
1 5 star Galley 20.00
2 Chef & Assistant Chef (Officers, 15 tons each) 30.00
10 Cooking staff (10 tons each) 100.00
1 Medical bay 20.00
1 Medical supplies 5.00
1 Doctor (Officer, 15 tons) 15.00
5 Medical staff/nurses (10 tons each) 50.00

Each fighter cubicle comes with ten tons for the pilot's cabin space and seven tons for the bay personnel's cabin space. To that five tons are added to the pilots cabin and three tons to the bay personnel cabin.

Weapon total (6977.00)
Weapons and Equipment Loc SRV MRV LRV ERV Heat Mass
1 Medium NPPC Front 9 9 9 9 135 1,800.00

10 ER Large Lasers Front 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
9 Large Pulse Lasers Front 8 8 - - 90 63.00
1 Targeting Computer Front - - - - - 29.00
5 AMS Front - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) Front - - - - - 10.00

20 ER Large Lasers FL/FR 16 16 16 - 240 100.00
20 Large Pulse Lasers FL/FR 18 18 - - 200 140.00
1 Targeting Computer FL/FR - - - - - 60.00
5 AMS FL/FR - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) FL/FR - - - - - 10.00

10 ER Large Lasers L/RBS 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
10 Large Pulse Lasers L/RBS 9 9 - - 100 70.00
1 Targeting Computer L/RBC - - - - - 30.00
5 AMS L/RBS - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) L/RBS - - - - - 10.00

1 Medium NPPC BL/BR 9 9 9 9 135 1,800.00

10 ER Large Lasers BL/BR 8 8 8 - 120 50.00
9 Large Pulse Lasers BL/BR 8 8 - - 90 63.00
1 Targeting Computer BL/BR - - - - - 29.00
5 AMS BL/BR - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) BL/BR - - - - - 10.00

10 ER Large Lasers AFT 10 10 10 - 120 50.00
10 Large Pulse Lasers AFT 9 9 - - 100 70.00
1 Targeting Computer AFT - - - - - 30.00
5 AMS AFT - - - - - 2.50
10 AMS Ammo (240) AFT - - - - - 10.00

This type of ship class was never meant to go up against other warships it was designed to transport high level ambassadors and dignitaries around the Star League in safty. It is able to defend its self from a small number of dropships and waves of fighters. A great deal of space was devoted to the comfort of the crew and the ambassador or dignitaries and their personal staff. Every one of thesis ships with out exception was destroyed in the starting phases of the first Succession War do to being pressed into fighting true warships. The design was brought back by Adam Eselon of Assinine Industries.

The Jenny has a great deal of tactical options being an extremely tiny war ship when it is given a mission into a periphery world.

It can jump into a system and burn planet side making its self look like its little of any threat and broadcast friendly messages of delivering a dignitary for some kind of meeting. And the only thing the target world sees is a large incoming drop ship. As long as the war ship keeps its distance from the planet all that the target world will ever know is that there is just a large drop ship in system with with some kind of jumpship at the jump point.

The war ship can come in system broadcasting messages so as to invoke an attack from defenders that just think that a juicy fool in a large jumpship just jumped in system. When its attacked the warship can pummel the defenders with its over whelming fire power.

The ship was designed to have maximized fire power towards the front and lighter fire power as one goes behind. Its expected to be the first thing targeted as it closes with a target. Normally Captain Berg holds off firing the main nose Medium NPPC at the enemies drop ships until the Extended Range Large Lasers can target the enemy. That way if they try to turn and run when they realize they are sorely out gunned they will be within range of the NPPC for some time. If they keep the attack up all Captain Burg has to do is slightly change the ships heading to bring the front side turrets to bare and that can burn off just over thirty six tons of armor with each barrage. The ship carries two light wings of fighters with a command lance each. for defense but Captain Burg likes to keep them as a reserve force and not as the spear head of an attack. Her thinking is its better to let some extra armor burn off of the war ships hall than to lose top of the line fighter pilots. If she finds her self looking at another war ship she will abandon the mission and run. If things come down to it she is under direct orders to abandon the accompanying dropships and all fighters to save the warship as it is the only thing that can't be replaced. For that reason the jump officer is always to have a couple of choice pirate jump points in the computer just in case an emergency escape is necessary.

If there is need the Jenny can carry two short battalions that can support ground oparations. The only problem is grounding them. The Jenny can carry four Heavy Transport Shuttles to do the job but this is not that great of an idea. The shuttles are not protected from enemy fire and putts the troops at great risk.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Akirapryde2006
02/29/16 01:52 PM

I love the design, but I think the change to include troops betray the original intention of the ship.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice change. I can actually see the Jenny braving a combat zone and be used as neutral territory between two combatants. When I first saw the design and read the fluff, I pictured this noble ship acting more like a angle of peace instead of a tool of war. It was what set Jenny apart from every other ship design I have seen.

I guess the argument could be made for Peacekeepers aboard the ship or acting more like Embassy Guards. But for me, it would take away from what set this ship apart from others.

This is, mind you, only my opinion.

Regardless, you have once more raised the bar on ship design. The Jenny could easily fit within the universe and I could see her in any number of navies.

Akira

Edited: Then again, I could have completely got the wrong impression of the original concept in the reading lol

Edited by Akirapryde2006 (02/29/16 02:10 PM)
ghostrider
02/29/16 04:41 PM

I can agree with removing the more luxurious rooms as this is not a royal passenger ship, but one more for moving cargo and the upper management of the company. A little more militarization would be the way to go. As indicated, it is meant to be a better version of a shuttle then a true warships.

The idea of having more troops actually fits in with this purpose. They can be used for security as well as a back up work force for loading and unloading items.
I can also see where infantry is more needed for security then mechs and tanks for meetings. If someone betrays the meeting, but has representatives there, spec ops teams are more likely to be used then mechs. Disavow actions later if you don't have your logo emblazed mechs running amok.

I do think the concept of lighter firepower in the rear being backwards for a unit that should run from combat. Discouraging pursuit is the idea.
And now that cray said something about it, the rear is the best place for orbital bombardment, which would help make ground meetings more secured as long as there isn't any enemy warships in the area.
02/29/16 05:25 PM

The Jenny is designed for a great deal variety of missions in the Periphery from ambassador missions out right planetary assault to remove a bandit king from power. Just because the original design from the golden age of the Star League the Ambassador Class Corvette was meant to be used for transporting an ambassador that does not mean that is what the Jenny will be used exclusively for. The Jenny needs to have force to bake it up so some bandit king wont just dismiss it as a force in space.

The Mule-Q Lander (Filly) only carries 4 mechs, 12 light vehicles, 41 heavy armored infantry, 41 light armored infantry, and 168 laser unarmored infantry. That extra 500 unarmored infantry troops could come in great help securing a city in an assault against a bandit king that is more trouble than is useful and needs to be removed by force. The 68 heavy fighters that are carried between the Jenny and the Colt is a very powerful force but you still need boots on the ground to dig out someone that you want to removed from power.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8342

Contact Admins Sarna.net