Floating Criticals

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
11/30/14 11:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Could someone give me a book/page reference for the Floating Criticals rules? I've been looking through TacOps and can't find it.

Thanks!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
11/30/14 11:19 PM

Never mind, got it...TacOps p.77
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
wolf_lord_30
02/13/15 07:55 PM

I'm kind of curious, in a nutshell, could you explain what a floating critical is?
ghostrider
02/13/15 11:50 PM

all units have some areas that the armor doesn't quite connect right, or a worker got lazy. The 'floating crit' is the event where a shot finds this weak point and goes internal on a mech even though the torso armor is still there, unlike the limbs.
The shot take off normal armor damage and does 1 point internally, and requires a roll to see if it does any critical damage.

If you are unlucky, you could lose the mech to a single point of damage, though unlike a vehicle, this is very rare.
Once you see where you hit, ie the roll of 2, then you roll so see or how many criticals you do, up to the dreaded 12, meaning 3 crititcals. This is where you have issue, as you can take out the engine with the 3 crits. 2 for gyro if you hit the center torso one. The side torsos would take out xl engine crits or anything else in the side you hit.
Ammo crits are possible if they are in that area and you roll the location.

The term floating crits is as good of term as anything else including someone saying the 'thru armor' hits.
wolf_lord_30
02/14/15 04:57 AM

Gotcha, it expanded the rule for rolling a 2 on the hit location table has a chance to do criticals to the center torso. Appreciate it.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7674

Contact Admins Sarna.net