1 ER Large Laser
4 Medium Lasers

LW
1 ER Large Laser
4 Medium Lasers

Rear
5 Medium Lasers

Cost 16,452,000 C-Bills

The STU-AE Stuka was commissioned by Assinine Industries to defend the world that it is on and to defend its interests else where. Six wings of fighters where ordered for the Jenny warship fleet. Of the 108 fighters that where ordered only sixty serve as active fighters for the warship fleet the others are spares. A couple of the spares are stored in the warship Jenny's cargo hold the others are stored on a Assinine Industries hidden airbase.

There is little that is all that unusual about the heavy fighter. It is a basic fighter that is designed for its heavy hitting fire power as is the older model. It was just upgraded from the basic STU-K5 model. The 300 fusion engine was replaced with a 300 XL power plant to drop weight so more weapons could be added. One of the few things on the fighter that was not changed was its fuel capacity. Since the fighters where expected to stay close to supporting drop ships or its airbase it was deemed that there was no point to increase the amount of fuel the fighter carried.

An extra 4.5 tons of armor was added and the armor was upgraded to Ferro-Aluminum, that increase its armor protection mostly on the wings and engine compartment. The nose armor protection was only increased by 19% but the wings where increased by 57.5% and the fuselage was increased by 64.5%

A lot of weight was saved when twelve of the heat sinks where removed and the ones that where left where upgraded to the double variety. Though the fighter carries only sixty percent of the heat sinks of the older fighter it can drop about seven percent more heat that the older model did.

The weapons where changed around somewhat and modernized.

The nose long range missile launcher was removed to make room for a light gauss rifle with two tons of ammo and addition to an extended range large laser. The short range missile launcher was removed to add three more medium lasers to the nose.

On each of the wings a large laser was removed and the remanding one was upgraded to an extended range model. Also four medium lasers where added to each wing.

The rear of the fighter had the most firepower added. Instead of the two medium lasers that where there, now there are five medium lasers back there. If any light fighter tries to get behind this fighter trying to hit its lightly defended back armor it will have a great surprise when the five medium lasers hit it. Its rear has more firepower than a lot of light fighters has for its entire front ark.

The STU-AE Stuka does not have as much hitting power as the original STU-K5 in its front ark. It can do about eighty percent of the damage in a single salvo compared to the STU-K5 but it makes up for that in its longer ranges that it can engage its enemies at. The only real improvement in the front firing ark is if the STU-AE Stuka can get within range to use its 11 medium lasers.

Since Assinine Industries took delivery of the heavy fighters it has had very little opportunity to use them because of the stable situation that has been created in the region. The only opportunity that has been presented so far has been when the Federated Suns hired the fighters and there Leopard-CV carriers to fly air cover for a mercenary mech Battalion that their mission was a raid on a pirate's base that was doing incursions into the federated Suns space. Other than a couple of strafing runs the fighters saw no real action.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CarcerKango
04/08/15 03:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Zombie thread time because I'm bored. Suggestion would be to replace the ER lasers and heat sinks needed to cool them down with ammo weapons in keeping with the 'stick close to the base' fluff.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/08/15 06:44 PM

I like it exactly as it is.

I like energy weapons and I don't like most missile or AC weapons.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
04/10/15 11:18 AM

The only change that might be worth it is if you could get some clan ermls or erlls.
Granted same could be said about clan erppcs.
That would raise the heat levels, so it may not be that great of an idea.

Now as for the fluff, I would think having a couple more in service would be a good idea, but then I wouldn't wanted to have the overhead of 30 or so fighters just sitting around.
There is one suggestion, if you could afford it. Get ahold of a vengeance fighter carrier, or maybe a titan carrier. Just some added protection for the warship. It would also give you some ground support for the mechs as well.

And yes, changing the weapons would make it even more expensive, so that is a concern as well.
04/10/15 05:05 PM

There are 68 active fighters between the warship and the Mule Q fighter carrier.
60 of the standard STU-AE Stukas
8 of the upgraded STU-AE-Command Stukas
On the warship there are 2 light wings of 12 fighters with 2 units of 2 Command Stuka fighters.
On the Mule Q fighter carrier there are 2 wings of 18 fighters with 2 units of 2 Command Stuka fighters.

There are spare standard fighters carried in the warships hold.

Since the boat load of missions are to be in the Periphery I think 68 fighters, two heavily armed and armored dropships and a light warship can handle anything they might come up against.

As for an upgrade with Clan technology the STU-AE-Command Stuka that the fighter commanders are issued are upgraded with Clan technology. There was not enough Clan technology to go around so the commanding officers where given it.
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175403/an/0/page/0#175403

That is just what is issued to the warship's armada there are at least if not more than three more wings of the fighters at Assinine Industries other holdings. Only knowledge of three wings of the fighters was leaked to the press. Its unknown how many of the fighters that Assinine Industries really has, they are quite secretive of its aerospace defensive assets with the exception that they have three known upgraded Leopard CV dropships with fighters and hold a large number of anti-warship thermonuclear ground to space ballistic missiles.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
04/10/15 06:04 PM

I would agree about the periphery. And about getting clan tech. It should be spotty at best.

Now having ground to space nukes is unusual.
When I seen a Mule class dropship, I though cargo hauler, not modified fighter carrier.

Over all it seems like more thought on using modifications instead of just being able to pop out a whole new ship line was done. I do like that approach. Makes it seem more realistic, since even simple vehicle and mech designs are supposed to be tough.
04/10/15 07:57 PM

Assinine Industries has a large number of Mule dropships to transport their goods all over the Inner Sphere and into the Periphery. Quite a few of their Mule dropships where modified to carry Aerospace fighters for protection. The two that are with the warship where built from the ground up to be for combat and carry very little in the way of cargo. The reason was to be able to obtain orbit or ground unchallenged.

Here is the warship
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175283/an/0/page/0#175283

The Mule Q AV fighter carrier
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175294/an/0/page/0#175294

And the lander
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175312/an/0/page/0#175312

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
04/10/15 09:32 PM

No offense but didn't really pay attention to them. The only aerotech I have is the original. I don't even own battlespace 1.

It is interesting to see an organization set up.

The only thing that might have been a good idea was put it all into one thread. But that is just something to ease the viewers concept of a company.
Not a big deal though.

Edited by ghostrider (04/10/15 09:33 PM)
Retry
04/10/15 09:41 PM

I seem to recall your previous posting of Assinine Industry products being more along the lines of very low tech, very small vehicles intended to swarm the enemy with as many trucks as you had men. Any reason for this change from trucks to warships?
ghostrider
04/10/15 11:50 PM

Just reread the warship post, and it looks like it was not built by the company. It was a purchase/lease from what I can make of the fluff. Even the Stuka's were not built by the company, just upgraded by them.

It does seem weird to have a low tech general company have the high tech items, if not for it looking like it is just for the ceo and staff. That puts it about right.
04/13/15 12:58 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Just reread the warship post, and it looks like it was not built by the company. It was a purchase/lease from what I can make of the fluff. Even the Stuka's were not built by the company, just upgraded by them.

No, Assinine Industries had nothing to do with building or modifying the fighters. They placed an order with another company, with the modifications that was wanted, with a company that is within the Federated Suns to supply Assinine Industries with the fighters. The same with all of their dropships and the one warship that they got their hands on.

Quote:
It does seem weird to have a low tech general company have the high tech items, if not for it looking like it is just for the ceo and staff. That puts it about right.

Assinine Industries is not that low tech. Assinine Industries has a full copy on the Grey Death Memory Core. They have a working knowledge of everything that was on the memory core but cant use it do to the limits of their manufacturing and technology base. They can design and build fusion engines from the ground up they can also design and build anything just shy of mass produced battlemechs. They can build mechs but just not in mass production. That is about the limit of the technology that they can utilize. Just because they have the knowledge of the Grey Death Memory Core that dose not mean that they can make use of it.

As for affording the advanced weapons, Assinine Industries sells lower tech weapon systems (non battlemechs) to over a thousand worlds within all five of the great houses plus to hundreds of worlds out in the Periphery. They have a massive economic base to spend on weapons that they cant build them self's. On top of the huge economic base Assinine Industries has a great number of connections within the Federated Suns New Avalon Institute of Science and also within the Federated Suns's government and military. One of which is the farther of the wife of the founder of Assinine Industries. The wife's father is a noble within the Federated Suns.

Here is the the history details of Assinine Industries.
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/164967/an/0/page/3#164967

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6696

Contact Admins Sarna.net