**TRO:JMInc. 3025** 30-35 Tons

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rotwang
12/03/14 07:49 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This is like a reverse Vulcan. The Vulcan is an anti-infantry mech with a very heavy and somewhat limited long range weapon. the LRM adds useful long range firepower, potentially doubling or tripling the long range damage, only one or two canon 3025 mechs can hope to respond at such ranges. And it has something to fight with at shorter ranges and can deal with infantry. 3050+tech would allow it to carry extra lasers and maybe upgrade the LRM.
KamikazeJohnson
12/03/14 12:09 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I will have to ask. What is a rabfecifvthe AC?

"rabfecifvthe" = "range of the" typed on a smartphone without proper proofreading...
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
12/03/14 12:11 PM

JMInc. 35B

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 1,696,725 C-Bills
Battle Value: 612

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 70 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 21.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 32.4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Autocannon/10
1 Medium Laser
3 Machine Guns
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Overview:
Did you really expect JMInc. to do an entire TRO without an UrbanMech?

Several improvements, however, due to the additional 5 tons: 2 full tons
additional armour, making it a much more significant "speed bump", plus actual
Anti-Infantry weapons (essential in a city fight), double the AC ammo, and a
Medium Laser for backup. And still for well under 2 Million C-Bills.

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 58 points 3.50
Engine: Fusion Engine 70 2.00
Walking MP: 2
Running MP: 3
Jumping MP: 2 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1.00
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 10 0.00
Heat Sink Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT
Gyro: Standard 1.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 119 7.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 17
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 8 12
L/R Torso (rear) 4
L/R Arm 6 12
L/R Leg 8 16

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Machine Gun RA 0 1 0.50
Autocannon/10 LA 3 7 12.00
Machine Gun LA 0 1 0.50
Machine Gun CT 0 1 0.50
Medium Laser CT 3 1 1.00
@MG (1/2) (100) RT - 1 0.50
@AC/10 (20) LT - 2 2.00
Free Critical Slots: 27

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 6
2j 3 2 0 0 1 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 1/1/0

MY BLURB:
Yup. JMInc. loves UrbanMechs.
--Thomas Jefferson
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/03/14 01:04 PM

Sorry my error one ton of AC/2 ammo.

Chances are that the LRM-5 will only hit with 2 or 3 missiles so why devote so much weight on a AC/2 and then another 3 tons on a LRM-5?

About the only thing I like about the AC/2 is that ammo only costs 1,000 C-Bills a ton and you can fire out of range of anything else. You can do a good amount of damage over a VERY long period of time at a very low cost and relatively low risk to your own mech as long as you have the speed to keep out of range of the enemy. Most vehicles and mechs that have the AC/2 don't have the speed to keep out of range of the enemy and so the weapon is just a wast of very valuable weight. This mech is the extreme exception to that.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/03/14 03:03 PM

Never was a fan of the urban mech. Just seemed like a waste. It was pretty effective and cheap, but it may be I like to reach the end of one map sheet before the end of the game in like 20 turns.
Might need to bump the urbanmech lam thread. That was funny.

Donkey. I do understand the issue with the lrm 5. I am thinking it is more the try to slow down, or even stop the light fast vehicles that probably would be sent out in hordes to deal with the 35a.

Most people are not threatened by the ac 2 unless they find out the gunner can hit them, and they can't get in range of their weapons. Really hate to say it, but crits are the big thing with the lrm 5 and ac 2. I am trying to think of a better reason for the system then it is good to have a second long range weapon as a back up, when the enemy starts coming for you.
Maybe the ability to use them as idf might be a good reason.

This sounds alot of why I think the srm 2 is kinda useless. No real damage, or is spread out for the weight. And that is not adding in the ammo explosion potential.
KamikazeJohnson
12/03/14 04:57 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Never was a fan of the urban mech. Just seemed like a waste. It was pretty effective and cheap, but it may be I like to reach the end of one map sheet before the end of the game in like 20 turns.

That's why you don't deploy them in offensive actions lol. They are best with a stationary defensive position (i.e. cities).

Quote:
Donkey. I do understand the issue with the lrm 5. I am thinking it is more the try to slow down, or even stop the light fast vehicles that probably would be sent out in hordes to deal with the 35a.

Most people are not threatened by the ac 2 unless they find out the gunner can hit them, and they can't get in range of their weapons. Really hate to say it, but crits are the big thing with the lrm 5 and ac 2. I am trying to think of a better reason for the system then it is good to have a second long range weapon as a back up, when the enemy starts coming for you.
Maybe the ability to use them as idf might be a good reason.

90% of the time, I think the LRM 5 will outperform the AC/2 due to ammo selection and IDF. And at half the weight (roughly, accounting for ammo and Heat Sinks), it a great option.

Both weapons are best used En Masse...consider a 'Mech like the Mauler with 4 AC/2s, or the Pike Support Vehicle with 3 of them. Or a full lance of Blackjacks. Although either weapon can do serious damage to a Light 'Mech. Neither weapon is meant for trading shots with an Atlas...

Quote:
This sounds alot of why I think the srm 2 is kinda useless. No real damage, or is spread out for the weight. And that is not adding in the ammo explosion potential.

With the new Inferno rules, the SRM 2 has lost a lot of its usefulness, since it won't average more heat damage than its own heat cost (a single missile used to cause 6 heat/turn for 3 turns). As a damage weapon, it's not terrible, although 1/2 ton ammo lots would vastly improve its value.
--Thomas Jefferson
12/03/14 09:37 PM

The Pike is pointless. All you do is ignore until they are the last thing on the field because their damage is a joke then turn them into burning wrecks.

The Mauler is in my point of view a wast of a 90 ton 18.4M C-Bill mech.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
KamikazeJohnson
12/03/14 09:49 PM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

The Pike is pointless. All you do is ignore until they are the last thing on the field because their damage is a joke then turn them into burning wrecks.

The Mauler is in my point of view a wast of a 90 ton 18.4M C-Bill mech.

As part of a balanced lance, a Mauler can be a significant force, particularly if cover is limited. I have seen them used to great effect.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
12/04/14 12:27 AM

JMInc. 35C

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D-A
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 2,866,050 C-Bills
Battle Value: 702

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 210 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
2 SRM-6s
1 Medium Laser
4 Small Lasers
1 Flamer
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Overview:
Unlike the more specialized 35A and 35B designs, the 35C is a more
straightforward combat model. Good speed and a bewildering assortment of
weapons make it a versatile all-around fighter.

The pair of SRM launchers make the 35C appear, at first glance, to be a simple
Javelin uprade, but in the case of this design, the missile racks are supported
by a Flamer to sow confusion and a battery of lasers for the ability to dish
out significant damage in close.

Overall, it has the tools to be an effective raider or hunter-killer.

Equipment Type Rating Mass
Internal Structure: Standard 58 points 3.50
Engine: Fusion Engine 210 9.00
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 10 0.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 72 4.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 10
Center Torso (rear) 3
L/R Torso 8 9
L/R Torso (rear) 2
L/R Arm 6 6
L/R Leg 8 8

Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
SRM-6 RA 4 2 3.00
SRM-6 LA 4 2 3.00
2 Small Lasers RT 2 2 1.00
2 Small Lasers LT 2 2 1.00
Medium Laser CT 3 1 1.00
Flamer HD 3 1 1.00
@SRM-6 (15) RT - 1 1.00
@SRM-6 (15) LT - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 37

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 2 Points: 7
6 3 2 0 0 1 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, SRM 1/1/0

MY BLURB:
What can I say about this one? Would it fit in among all the "classic" 3025 'Mechs?
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
12/04/14 02:36 AM

responce to the 35c.

Well it would look more like a javelin if the launchers were in the torsos. Other then the launcher locations, it seems to fit the classic mechs. Though the use of small lasers seemed to be an afterthought on alot of the classics. As an afterthought, this would be more of a commando with the other pack in the arm.

Had to look up the javelin. This mech is 5 tons heavier. I know that sounds stupid, but the extra weapons caught me off guard. The lack of jets covers most of the extra weapons.

Now besides cost, is there some other reason you left the lower and hand actuators off the mech?
Also, would you think about a variant that uses lrms instead of the srms?

Just a few thoughts.
12/04/14 07:25 AM

Somehow I entirely missed the 35b

Like others I don't like the Urban mech the money would be better spent on a tank.

You could have droped the AC/10, the ammo, and the medium laser for tween Large Lasers and five more heat sinks. Yes it will run up the heat slowly but you don't have to fire both large lasers every turn. I think that it would have been more interesting if you did as I said but then people would say if it does not have an AC/10 its not a Urban mech.

As for the 35C the armor is way to paper thin for a mech that is meant to get close and personal.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
KamikazeJohnson
12/04/14 10:34 AM

Quote:
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey writes:

Somehow I entirely missed the 35b

Easily done. Nothing to see here...

Quote:
Like others I don't like the Urban mech the money would be better spent on a tank.

Jump Jets and crit resistance give the Urbie much better utility overall than a tank, even with twice as many tanks for the money. VTOLs for city defense could be money well spent though. But I agree, the UrbanMech is not a "good" design, it is simply "useful in its intended role".

Quote:
You could have droped the AC/10, the ammo, and the medium laser for tween Large Lasers and five more heat sinks. Yes it will run up the heat slowly but you don't have to fire both large lasers every turn. I think that it would have been more interesting if you did as I said but then people would say if it does not have an AC/10 its not a Urban mech.

I had considered a PPC, 3 Heat Sinks, and 4 more Medium Lasers in place of the AC and Ammo, but decided to keep the original UrbanMech idea (which was all about putting the AC/10 on a Light 'Mech) and see how much I could improve it by going up one size.

Quote:
As for the 35C the armor is way to paper thin for a mech that is meant to get close and personal.

That was intentional actually, kinda a nod to the original TRO 'Mechs, where over 4 tons of armour was "ample armour" for anything under 50 tons (the Assassin has the same armour coverage, and the TRO lauds it's "Heavy armour" lol)...I personally would not enjoy running that thin, especially without Jump Jets. Dropping two of the SLs, or downgrading the SRMs to SRM 4s would be great trades for more armour.

Besides, I wanted to add a little "WTF" value to this one
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
12/04/14 07:10 PM

Nice to see that this series is starting to bring a couple more voices to the conversation. I guess it's true what they say..."If you design it, they will comment!"

40-45 tonners in the works. I already have my 100-tonners done, 2 of them are pretty sweet, the third might get a redesign. But you guys will have to wait a while to see them
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
12/06/14 03:17 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Now besides cost, is there some other reason you left the lower and hand actuators off the mech?

Maximizing firing arcs for the SRMs by allowing arm-flipping.

Quote:
Also, would you think about a variant that uses lrms instead of the srms?

Would be tough...tonnage-wise, single LRM 15 would work nicely, but not practical as a variant, since it replaces a balanced pair of weapons (one in each arm) with one weapon. One would think it would affect the 'Mech's balance. I could do an LRM 5 in place of each SRM, and add a third somewhere, but I already have the 30A. I could do a pair of LRM 5s in each arm, drop the SLs and Flamer for ammo, but again, pretty extensive for a variant.

Probably the best LRM variant would be a LRM 5 in place of each SRM, and 2 additional tons of armour.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 13857

Contact Admins Sarna.net