windows 8

Pages: 1
ghostrider
12/10/14 06:43 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You will find this program does not like alot of the older things still being used by people.
I would like microsoft to follow the old procedures and make their operating systems downward compatible like they used to. Even relatively new games have issues and microsoft says to contact the software makers.

It appears to work, so I don't think they will change this incompatability in the next generations of windows. I believe it will eventually kill games for the pc. It is what happened to ibm's os. People got tired of their library of games being obsolete when the next version of dos came out.

I hope this doesn't sound as much like a rag session as it appears to be.
BobTheZombieModerator
12/11/14 06:52 PM

I think the next windows is supposed to fix some of these issues. I understand and share your cynicism though. Some of the best games were made in the 90s and early 00s.
Report Sarna.net issues/inaccuracies here or you can simply PM me the details
ghostrider
12/11/14 07:55 PM

I hope your right. I loved masters of orion 2. Wanted to try 3 again but that was a bust. Some of the other games I liked to play was baldurs gate, icewind dale, as well as a few others. Even the mech warrior series were having issues. Been a while, so don't remember some of the other games.

Sad thing is, even if people were willing to buy them for the newer windows, they couldn't. Some of the developers no longer exist.

Now one thing I do like about windows 8 is the border turns white when something accesses the internet or file outside what you are running. That is a smart thing.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3634

Contact Admins Sarna.net