Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Overview:
Originally part of a design study for the SLDF, the work that eventually became
the Spahi was shelved in favour of the Nightstar. Some elements were used by
Clan Wolf to design the Marauder II. There is evidence that the Word of Blake
looked into the design without finishing it. Ultimately the mech was produced
by a Periperhy mech manufacturer

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 152 points 10,00
Engine: Fusion Engine 300 19,00
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 22(44) 12,00
Heat Sink Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA
Gyro: Standard 3,00
Cockpit: Standard 3,00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA R: SH+UA+LA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 304 19,00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 48
Center Torso (rear) 13
L/R Torso 21 31
L/R Torso (rear) 11
L/R Arm 17 33
L/R Leg 21 42

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 PPCs RA 20 6 14,00
2 PPCs LA 20 6 14,00
Large Laser CT 8 2 5,00
Medium Laser HD 3 1 1,00
Free Critical Slots: 4

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 10 Points: 22
3 4 5 4 0 4 1 Structure: 8
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
ghostrider
12/11/14 08:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Almost looks like the masakari/warhawk omni mech. Difference is they use an lrm 10 launcher rather then the laser, plus more heat sinks.

I do wonder since it is a dark era mech, why it has no updated items except the heat sinks. I know if you used the earlier innersphere models they take up a LOT of room. I guess I would need to see the background of the time, since I was under the assumption clan tech was readily availible.

Granted just using the star league plans would be easier then researching a modification that allows the more advanced weapons of the clans, but still the star league had bulkier versions.
Rotwang
12/12/14 01:28 AM

I was looking into doing something based on the 3025 Marauder II, which while much better armoured, doesn't offer that much advantage in terms of weapons compared to the 75t version. Four PPC's seemed like an interesting choice.

I'm also looking at the PPC as being still relevant in 314x+, it's a decent weapon that delivers 10 damage at a useful range and most DHS mechs can carry two without much trouble. Systematically replacing them with ER PPC's is not always feasible, IS tech can pull off four, maybe five PPC on a chassis, Clanners can just about manage 4 ER PPC's.
ghostrider
12/12/14 05:16 AM

Erppc for both innersphere and clans produce 15 points of heat. With clan double heat sinks running 2 crits instead of 3, I find the confusing. Though it might be you seem to compare the regular ppc to the clan erppc.

The clans do have regular equipment and they use 1 less crit to a minimum of 1 crit.
I can see the lack of criticals preventing an innersphere xl engine. That would have freed up some weight, but I guess there isn't much you could do with it, lacking crits.

I would assume you are using innersphere double heat sinks for the mech.
Still something people would think twice about having to fight it.
Rotwang
12/12/14 07:02 AM

I'm referring to IS tech in my example above.

High heat configurations is a balancing act between weight and crits. I could have done a 95t with a 380XL engine that frees up more crit space by incorporating more HS, which begs the question, why arm such an expensive high-tech mech with 4 "mere" PPC's when there are "better" weapon configurations possible ? (better as in more flexible, lower heat, better damage etc)

The Hellstar is a good example of how far the clans can go to fit enough HS to be able to fire 4 ER PPC with a low heat buildup. IS configs have trouble mounting more than 3 ER PPC or 4-5 IS PPC.

Granted the Clan PPC has one fewer crit, but why pick one if you can have a C ER Large Laser or Clan Large Pulse Laser ? Same damage, advantageous weight and crits for a moderately higher heat cost.

Spahi makes for a good early 2750/3050 era mech or a retro 3145 one, packs a better punch than the 3025 Marauder II though it lacks the JJ. Good for Mercs and those on a budget who need some decent direct fire support.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/12/14 07:12 AM

Quote:

Granted the Clan PPC has one fewer crit, but why pick one if you can have a C ER Large Laser or Clan Large Pulse Laser ? Same damage, advantageous weight and crits for a moderately higher heat cost.

Because a Clan ERPPC does 15 points of damage where the Clan ERLL and LPL only does 10.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Rotwang
12/12/14 11:06 AM

I did mean the standard Clan PPC, not the ER version.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/12/14 12:57 PM

Quote:
Rotwang writes:

I did mean the standard Clan PPC, not the ER version.

What standard Clan PPC? The Clans only have the ERPPC.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/12/14 06:25 PM

I don't remember where it is at, and it might be in the fluff, so may not be canon, but it was said the clans do have and use standard weapons, mainly in the garrison units with the vintage star league mechs using them. The good weapons are reserved for the front line units.
Though looking thru some of the books, I have yet to see any examples of this.

And the big reason they did not go with clan tech... the mech is innersphere based. I am guessing they did not mix techs, though still haven't seen the answer on if the double sinks were innersphere or clan.
Karagin
12/12/14 06:43 PM

That was in the Original TRO3050 before the changes, before the removing of the Unseen before the dark days of Nystul and the editing and revisions.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Rotwang
12/12/14 08:01 PM

Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Karagin
12/13/14 07:29 AM

According to the Original TRO 3050 the Clans used old SL tech (aka the standard weapons) and the stuff was lighter in size and weight. This was all found in the appendixes in the back of the book.
Karagin

ghostrider
12/13/14 11:03 AM

I thought there was more information in that tro then the one I got. A friend had printed out some information from the book he had, and it listed the weapons stats for all the new and old weapons that aren't in the version I have.

But this is getting a little off topic.

But if it is a ton lighter, and a crit smaller, that would free up space on the mechs the clans used for garrison duty.
Karagin
12/13/14 04:15 PM

Very true. Also in the Twycross scenario pack they list mechs that are IS chassis with Clan weapons them that are considered second tier mechs.

So if you go with the older idea then yes it would free up space on the mech and thus give the Clans the use of lighter standard weapons.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5449

Contact Admins Sarna.net