**TRO:JMInc. 3025** 40-45 Tons

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
KamikazeJohnson
12/14/14 12:32 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I dislike the ac 5, but it doesn't mean the weapon is bad. Just a preference.

I'm not a huge fan of the AC/5 either...designing 3025-era always makes me pine for a Light PPC. But if the weapon has a place, this is it...paired with a PPC on a Medium 'Mech. With the default Heat Sinks already maxed out, you get to add additional Long Range fire without spending tonnage on Heat Sinks. Although for the 10 tons I spend on the AC and Ammo, I could have mounted a pair of LRM 5s for better range and the same average damage, 2 tons ammo for roughly the same number of shots, 3 additional Heat Sinks for the same heat control at range, and a 2nd Medium Laser to cover the LRMs' minimum range. Added benefit: IDF.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
12/15/14 11:36 PM

Hmmm...so the 45-ton Banshee is too boring to discuss? Fair enough...

Never fear, the 50s will be appearing shortly...
--Thomas Jefferson
ghostrider
12/16/14 12:14 AM

Now, now. I can not be the only one with an opinion. Don't know why others have not said much about any of them. Might be thinking they would get into an argument over things.

I have found a few hard to remark on. Generic and basic. Without actually playing them, best guess is efficient, but not highly outstanding. Some things would work better if they had a way to avoid showing everything, but without a gamesmaster to run it, forgetting something tends to creep into games.
KamikazeJohnson
12/16/14 12:39 AM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

I have found a few hard to remark on. Generic and basic. Without actually playing them, best guess is efficient, but not highly outstanding.

That's the thing with the lighter 'Mechs...trying to be effective, interesting, and distinct from the canon designs can be challenging. And let's face it, certain weapimon combinations just beg to ge used. I'll probably slip in at least 1 Thunderbolt clone later on...
--Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
12/16/14 05:36 PM

Quote:
KamikazeJohnson writes:

YAAWWWWN...

I keed, I keed. I'm actually interested in the weapons array. You got a lot of tonnage of gear onto a 45-ton chassis.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
12/16/14 07:46 PM

Quote:
Cray writes:

Quote:
KamikazeJohnson writes:

YAAWWWWN...

I keed, I keed. I'm actually interested in the weapons array. You got a lot of tonnage of gear onto a 45-ton chassis.

Consequently it's a bit fragile, combining less-than-full armour with slow speed. Still, armour isn't bad by 3025 standards.

Not having to add a pile of Heat Sinks helped a lot. I considered an AC/2, a couple more Mediums and another ton of armour, but I thought it was time for an AC/5.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12237

Contact Admins Sarna.net