Cockpit: Standard
Armament:
ER PPC
C³i Slave
Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
Communications System: Standard
Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
Overview
Quite different from the SalvageMech of the same name, the Hyena is a fast-moving, hard-hitting sniping machine, designed primarily for use on planets with wide, open spaces with little cover.
Capabilities
A powerful 280-class Light Fusion Engine propel the Hyena at speeds of up to 130 kilometers an hour, and ten double heat sinks keep it cool. Armament comes in the form of a single ERPPC, and six-and-a-half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor protect it from enemy fire. A C3i slave allow it to coordinate fire with similarly equipped units.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/14/15 12:51 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Because of the range of your weapon and the speed of your mech you might want to consider dumping some armor and adding a targeting computer. Range and speed will do as a good defense and if your going to stay at range and moving around the targeting computer will help a lot.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
01/14/15 01:10 PM

from the name, I would think this was a quad mech for some reason.
Is this mech part of a lance configuration you were making, or stand alone type?

If part of a lance, I would think slowing it down, adding more long range weapons would be the way to go, since you would have another unit do the spotting.
Or go with shorter ranged weapons with keeping the speed and using this as the spotting unit. In this case, maybe adding a few jets would be a thought. Don't need the full jump.

If nothing else in the lance has a c3, you might want to think about using some other electronics. But its just a thought.
CarcerKango
01/14/15 01:50 PM

Well, if you read the fluff, it wouldn't need jets as it's designed for open spaces and rolling hills. Good points otherwise though.

The 'mech itself, as far as role goes, could go either way as far as being part of a lance. May make a version with TAG and BAP instead of C3i....
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/14/15 02:53 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:
Is this mech part of a lance configuration you were making, or stand alone type?

Why would it have a C3 if it was meant to be a lone mech? C3 units only work in groups of units.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
01/15/15 01:38 AM

From what I have seen. a lot of people put in the c3 slave and forget a master to use them with. Also they never intended to create a unit that works together.

I wanted to know if he had other mechs that would be used with this mech in a company perk situation.

And the suggestion of jets would be if you wanted to lose some speed or use it in close combat. The jets would make it nice to get behind other units, or keep out of range even if it kept at full speed. Initiative rolls can have a horrible bite.
CarcerKango
01/15/15 08:00 AM

C3i doesn't need a master unit.
CrayModerator
01/15/15 06:22 PM

Quote:
CarcerKango writes:

C3i doesn't need a master unit.

Your write-up lists it as a C3i "slave." The C3i is usually written as "C3i Computer" or "Improved C3 Computer," hence the confusion.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CarcerKango
01/15/15 11:14 PM

Ah ok.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4322

Contact Admins Sarna.net