Wildcat SKA-30: 3020's Light 'Mech hunter.

Pages: 1
CarcerKango
01/15/15 11:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
REMLAB 2.9.13 BETA
remlab.sourceforge.net
Created on Jan 15, 2015
BATTLETECH
Light BattleMech Technical Readout

Type: Wildcat SKA-30
Technology Base: Inner Sphere / 3025
Ruleset: Standard (5th edition)
Tonnage: 30
Cost: 2,191,540 C-bills
Battle Value: 687
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: Standard 3.0
Engine: 180 7.0
Type: Fusion
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10 [10] 0.0
Gyro: Standard 2.0
Cockpit: 3.0
Armor Factor: 105 7.0
Internal
Structure Armor
Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 10 15
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 7/7 10/10
L/R Torso (rear) 4/4
L/R Arms 5/5 10/10
L/R Legs 7/7 14/14
Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
Medium Laser RA 1 1.0
PPC LA 3 7.0

BattleForce 2
MP Damage PB/M/L Overheat Class
6 1/1/1 1 L
Armor/Structure Point Value Specials
3/3 7 -
Wildcat SKA-30
Mass: 30 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: GM 180 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 65 kph
Maximum Speed: 97 kph
Advanced Motive: none
Jump Jets: none
Jump Capacity: none
Armor: Standard
Cockpit: Standard
Armament:
Medium Laser
PPC
Manufacturer: Inner Sphere
Communications System: Standard
Targeting & Tracking System: Standard
Overview
Developed directly after the fall of the first Star League for mercenary units seeking an inexpensive, yet effective light 'Mech to fill out their lances with, the Wildcat was produced by the predecessor of Damage, Inc., a company known as Platypus 'Mechworks in extremely small numbers before their manufacturing facilities were destroyed by the ravages of the Succession Wars.
Capabilities
A common 180-rated Standard Fusion Engine propelled the Wildcat at speeds equal to those of a Javelin--96 kph. Seven tons of standard armor provided the maximum possible amount of armor protection on such a light 'Mech. Ten single heat sinks kept the 'Mech at workable levels, but repeated firing of its left-arm mounted PPC and its right-arm mounted Medium Laser could quickly overheat it. This effective Light 'Mech hunting package came for a reasonable price of just over 2 million C-bills.
Battle History
The Wildcat was planned to see widespread use throughout the House armies, but even more so by merc units; however, the cataclysmic Succession Wars all but obliterated Platypus 'Mechworks' manufacturing lines after less than two dozen 'Mechs were produced. Despite this, the blueprints themselves survived and were inherited by Damage, Inc.'s founding members. The design was retooled with Clan Invasion-era technology and manufactured by Earthwerks, designated SKA-30-2.
Variants
SKA-30-2: A modern refit of the venerable, elusive SKA-30, the -2 installs Endo-Steel structuring in the chassis, upgrades the Heat Sinks to Double Strength versions, the PPC to an ER version, and installs an additional Medium Laser, plus a Small Laser.

Edited by CarcerKango (01/15/15 12:41 PM)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
01/15/15 07:09 PM

I was thinking you could drop the PPC, bump the engine up to a 210, add three medium lasers and a heat sink. but your not really increasing the damage all that much and your giving up a lot of reach on your range to bump up your speed a little.

Keeping the PPC or going faster with four medium lasers is a hard choice.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CarcerKango
01/15/15 08:31 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. For the era it's in, you can keep up with most lights, and when those pesky Jenners show up you can swat them down from a distance. I wanted a more reliable chance of damage in one go rather than splitting it up amongst a few different weapons systems.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3203

Contact Admins Sarna.net