L/R Torso 5/5 6/6
L/R Torso (rear) 2/2
L/R Arms 3/3 5/5
L/R Legs 4/4 6/6
Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
Medium Laser LT 1 1.0
Medium Laser RT 1 1.0

Overview
The heavy 'buster' of the SecurityMech line.
Mainly used for the polices heavy duty jobs because of its hardened armor.
CarcerKango
01/22/15 11:50 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just so y'know, Buster is the name of a quite common IndustrialMech designed for cargo loading :P Hardened armor seems a bit overkill if you're not going into pitched battle. Domestic forces can usually even get by with refitted Indsutrial 'Mechs. Hardened armor only really makes a difference against super-heavy weapons. Remember that even standard 'Mech armor is incredibly strong and resistant to small-arms fire, which is the main foe you'll be facing with police forces. Medium Lasers also aren't ideal for crowd control; I recommend swapping one for an MG and half a ton of ammo. Also, it's pretty expensive when a Locust, or even a Flea or other light 'Mech could get the job done for half the price.
Just my two Kerensky's.
ghostrider
01/22/15 01:14 PM

Honestly, a crowd security mech would have mgs or flamers. Something that would cause unruly crowds to fear the mech. Even small lasers might do.
Now I would think a slower speed might be in order for most jobs, except when pursuit is needed. Might actually be better to us the 10-15 ton mechs for this.

But this is more of a job issue then a the mech not working like a mech.
GiovanniBlasini
01/26/15 09:48 PM

Quote:
ghostrider writes:

Honestly, a crowd security mech would have mgs or flamers. Something that would cause unruly crowds to fear the mech. Even small lasers might do.

Vehicle flamers, fluid guns or sprayers, rather than a standard flamer, because you can use a variety of payloads, including flame retardants to put out fires, or water for non-lethal crowd control.

SRMs also work because they have a variety of payloads, including tear gas SRMs.

Quote:

Now I would think a slower speed might be in order for most jobs, except when pursuit is needed. Might actually be better to us the 10-15 ton mechs for this.

But this is more of a job issue then a the mech not working like a mech.

The speed isn't bad, actually, and not far off from 'Mechs like the Copper, which is 4/6. The hardened armor is useless in this role, though, and if the 'Mech is armed with medium lasers, it's expecting to have to engage something heavier than random crowds, at which point TSEMP or a BattleMech Taser would probably be more useful.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 259 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3459

Contact Admins Sarna.net