L/R Torso 5/5 4/4
L/R Torso (rear) 1/1
L/R Arms 3/3 3/3
L/R Legs 4/4 4/4
Weapons and Ammo Location Crits Tons
Large Laser LT 2 5.0
Small Laser RA 1 0.5

Overview
The 'Runner' SecurityMech that police use for chasing down escaping criminals.
CarcerKango
01/22/15 11:52 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
XL Gyro seems overkill for domestic-purpose 'Mechs. Remember that most militia forces don't have access to such advanced tech, and they prefer it to be easy to replace/repair without special parts. I'd recommend lighter weaponry so you can stop ground vehicles without leveling the whole neighborhood. Speaking of which, it doesn't need to be nearly as fast. Most civilian vehicles have a move of 7/11 at the most IIRC. Drop the Light down to a standard engine, swap the SL and LL for a small pulse laser and some machine guns, and it's got my vote if you get rid of that XL Gyro. Sorry if it seems like I'm ripping into your designs. These are just honest reviews :P
Firestarter
01/22/15 12:04 PM

No no its fine! That way I can make mechs without error or unlikely designs.
CarcerKango
01/22/15 12:19 PM

Good You have to remember that not every 'Mech has to be optimized. To quote another site, if every mech was optimized in design, everything under 75 tons would be nothing but standard medium lasers, and everything over 75 tons would be nothing but Gauss rifles. Remember to match the design to its fluff. For example, say I was a militia captain looking for a 'Mech for security. What would I want in a 'Mech? Low cost would be a must. Easy maintenance also a must--most militia forces' resupply opportunities are few and far between. Armor would be a low priority--I'm not likely to be facing AC/20's when I'm pulling guard duty! Also remember that advanced tech is rare for militia/police forces--most good stuff like LFE's and XL gyro's get snatched up by front-line mercenary and House units first.

That's all for now.
ghostrider
01/22/15 01:22 PM

Year would suggest a few things would be better on the mech. I agree the large laser is too much. An streak 2 pack would be a good idea on a mech like this, as well as a pulse laser. I would keep to the small one, since you shouldn't need that much range.
But if you feel like having a mech that shoots far, that is your choice.
Another suggestion, though it might be alitte expensive would be a targeting computer. Help to keep down the missed shots, without the streaks explosive damage. That would be used for busting hideouts.

Though maybe calling the mech pursuit might be an idea.
The cost of the mech would put it outside most budgets of police forces, since simple mechs like the ever loved Locust can do the job for alot cheaper.
As I said with the other mech, this might be better used as a 10-15 ton mech.

And something I just thought of. It might be a good idea to had a hardpoint or even some work tools since it would probably be a first responder to disasters. Being able to remove downed trees or other rubble from civilians would be something they would like.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3498

Contact Admins Sarna.net