Cargo Bay Capacity Body 1 .25
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 10 10 40.00
Items & Tons Left: 3 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 2,008,417 C-Bills
Battle Value: 845
Cost per BV: 2,376.82
Weapon Value: 603 / 529 (Ratio = .71 / .63)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 20; MRDmg = 13; LRDmg = 6
BattleForce2: MP: 5, Armor/Structure: 0 / 5
Damage PB/M/L: 3/2/1, Overheat: 0
Class: GM; Point Value: 8
Specials: ecm
CarcerKango
01/24/15 10:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Like the loadout and the armor. Tad pricey though.
CarcerKango
01/24/15 05:31 PM

Welcome to the forums by the way!
ghostrider
01/24/15 05:52 PM

Wow. A tank under 150 tons.
Decent stats.

It will sound stupid, but is this a heavy armored light cargo transport or a combat tank that has some extra storage capacity? I am thinking combat vehicle.
Karagin
01/24/15 06:32 PM

ATN082268 amazing you have managed to make something that is under 200 tons and not packing everything possible on to it. Did something change in your group that you are not using 100 ton plus monsters anymore?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Retry
01/24/15 10:56 PM

I don't think you're intending it, but you guys are sounding albeit stealthily condescending.

It has far too little cargo space to be even a light transport, so it's probably a combat vehicle.

If you can sacrifice the cargo space and a half ton from somewhere else, it might be worth upgrading the light machinegun to an AP Gauss Rifle with a ton of ammo, which has three times the range and firepower of the LMG while retaining anti-infantry and anti-BA abilities. You'd only lose a bit in ammunition and having an explosive weapons crit slot, but the ammo is still plentiful and inert compared to the machinegun's.
Karagin
01/25/15 12:15 PM

If you look at his stuff in the past it has been nothing but 100 plus ton monster tanks that were rolling land battleships which sounds awesome but doesn't do well in the game. We pointed it out and he pretty much felt the need to keep on with the same thing over and over.

It is good to see him post something other then those monsters and this one can at least useful to a Clan force in the Inner Sphere.

Oh and if you ask around I am condescending because I speak my mind and I guess that being right up front and honest about things is not something many like.
Karagin

ghostrider
01/25/15 03:13 PM

I will admit it is possible to have done so unintentionally.
As much as I looks like it, I am not perfect.

As with atn, their tendency to post units over 100 tons showed the game allowed moving towers. When people are looking at them, they look more like a land based dropship. For some, only a warship had more weapons.

The confusion with the type of unit comes from most of the people here cramming anything they can to zero out weight. Cargo space is highly unusual, since another light mg would fit.
Karagin
01/25/15 05:42 PM

I add in cargo space a lot of times when there are odd ball weights left over or if I plan it out from the start. Some folks like the zero sum for the weight so as to avoid any question that they unit weighs what they say.
Karagin

ghostrider
01/25/15 05:58 PM

I would think a unit might increase it's speed if the cargo bays are empty if it would drop the weight to something that would move faster. Just for the time the vehicle is that much lighter.

But this is moving the thread from the vehicle post.

Now I just noticed there is 3 items and tons left over. The math would make it appear it is item slots.
Another thing I find unusual is the anti missile system for a clan vehicle. But then the time frame is one that I have little information on. They may have changed their ideas on vehicles at this time.
Karagin
01/25/15 06:05 PM

Okay I drive heavy trucks for the US Army, we can still reach 55 plus miles per hour with or without a heavy load on the vehicle. The engine works to move the vehicle, it is the torque that allows the vehicle to pull or carry the heavier load, and the vehicle weight SHOULD only change when it has cargo sine you would add the cargo weight to the overall weight of the vehicle, but FASA screwed this up when they came up with the first version of vehicle rules and never fixed it.

Hey if folks would use the CODE tags things would be FAR easier to read and see issues, but we have been over that before as well.
Karagin

ATN082268
01/26/15 07:15 AM

Quote:
Retry writes:

I don't think you're intending it, but you guys are sounding albeit stealthily condescending.

It has far too little cargo space to be even a light transport, so it's probably a combat vehicle.

If you can sacrifice the cargo space and a half ton from somewhere else, it might be worth upgrading the light machinegun to an AP Gauss Rifle with a ton of ammo, which has three times the range and firepower of the LMG while retaining anti-infantry and anti-BA abilities. You'd only lose a bit in ammunition and having an explosive weapons crit slot, but the ammo is still plentiful and inert compared to the machinegun's.

The cargo space is for crew supplies like food, water, tools for minor repairs/maintenance, etc. I think you'll find that some people don't like certain units, tech, tactics, etc and will spend almost any opportunity to bash them (and/or the poster) in the hopes that other people won't use/play with them either...
Karagin
01/26/15 08:31 PM

Actually ATN, no one is bashing you, stuff is posted here and thus open to any and all comments, if you don't like folks taking your stuff and ripping it apart and rebuilding it, well then don't share.

As to you last comment, NONE of us here can stop any one from using anything here in their games, so please don't try and turn things into a flame war over what you see as attacks on you just because many of us felt your 100 plus ton monster tanks weren't worth wild and expressed that every time you posted a clone of the same thing over and over again.
Karagin

ghostrider
01/26/15 09:38 PM

That is correct about some people not liking certain items and such. Personally, I think the hardened armor is crap the developers came up with to try to balance some over powered weapons. And as with such things went to far. It happens when you come out with new things.

Some people constantly look for new groups to play with because of poor tactics and such, like a dropship with legs that has warship guns on it that can target mechs. Again it happens.

Some people put up things that run non canon items, and if you do not tell people they are not canon, makes it look like they are cheating. Not everyone has the updated rules, and not everyone has the old rules. It would be nice to know if something is not canon tech being used.

When I play, it is to have fun, not have a frustrating time, due to bending the spirit of the rules with some constructions. Bashing things or the poster. There is a fine line in that statement. Saying anything that the original poster doesn't like could be seen as bashing on their part. Others see it as an attempt to alter their perceptions. So in a way, it is trying to get them to change.
One problem. YOU are the one that decides weither to use it or not. Not someone outside the game.
My opinion is some things are borderline cheating. I am hoping the game doesn't follow what I do consider that. But as with everything else, if more people play that way, the more likely the rules will reflect that. Voicing it is about the only way to show the concerns.
If you take it personally, there is not much anyone can do about it, but deal with mods as complaints pile up.

This tank is a decent design.
Sorry for jacking another thread with the rant.
Retry
01/26/15 09:56 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:
Oh and if you ask around I am condescending because I speak my mind and I guess that being right up front and honest about things is not something many like.

Actually, the reason you appear to be condescending is because your first post here began with addressing the author/designer/producer and not even touching on the design itself, not because of your frequent exercise of the First.

Ghostrider, Hardened armor itself isn't gamebreaking or overpowered, really. Not sure how that's relevant.
CrayModerator
01/26/15 10:41 PM

This thread is locked pending moderator review.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6965

Contact Admins Sarna.net